Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I posted about this before-
A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were walking with our Lab, past a rental house where new renters were moving in. They had three pit bulls, one of them broke away from one of the owners and attacked my Lab, who was on her leash. I kicked it off my dog, and informed the owner that if we were attacked again, a dog would be shot. They responded with profanity, and one of their kids followed us down the street, shouting obscenities at us.

I informed an attorney friend of mine, who I hunt with and who also is a dog owner. He sent a letter to the owner of the house, basically reminding him that he was opening himself to liability if his renters were harboring dangerous animals, and that he could also be in some jeopardy with his mortgage holder.

Guess what- the renters have since moved out, taking their dogs with them. Good riddance.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Inbred dogs then? I don't know. I had a registered catahoula I got from a reputable breeder I got as a pup. Loving, gentle, all around great family dog for the first 3 years. His fourth year he started snapping at my wife, went to doggie jail for a couple of weeks for snipping a neighbor, and trying to attack anything and anyone. Tried everything from bark collars to electric fence, didn't phase him at all. Had him put down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
took you too long......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
took you too long......

It did. Learned from that experience .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bighorn
A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were walking with our Lab, past a rental house where new renters were moving in. They had three pit bulls, one of them broke away from one of the owners and attacked my Lab, who was on her leash. I kicked it off my dog, and informed the owner that if we were attacked again, a dog would be shot. They responded with profanity, and one of their kids followed us down the street, shouting obscenities at us.

I informed an attorney friend of mine, who I hunt with and who also is a dog owner. He sent a letter to the owner of the house, basically reminding him that he was opening himself to liability if his renters were harboring dangerous animals, and that he could also be in some jeopardy with his mortgage holder.

Guess what- the renters have since moved out, taking their dogs with them. Good riddance.

Glad that ended well, Bighorn. I read your original post and I have to admit that it didn't look too good, at all.

Good riddance, indeed.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

That's a bigger and better shot than even a 45 ACP could have made. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Hunt quail-Get a Pointer
Hunt ducks-Get a lab
Want a lap dog-Get a Maltese

Want a friendly dog that’s safe around neighbors and small children-Get a Pit!!!!

Makes perfect sense, right?

Like trying to make a Clydesdale into a cutting horse. Stop being an idiot and trying to fight nature. There is no shortage of perfectly good breeds that make perfectly good pets, and if they get out of line, the worst it’ll likely do is draw a little blood or require a few stitches. How many folks did Great Danes kill last year???

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
at least if the fox decides he wants a piece of me, he might weigh 12# tops when hes grown, much easier to deal with than a 70# pit like last time.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was at the barber shop for my Memorial day haircut.
I saw a big fat tattooed lady and her wigger boyfriend with a pit bull on a leash.
I had some Remington Golden Sabres for him but no harm was done.
I am amazed why somebody fired warning shots once the attack was in progress?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i belong to a dog forum, constant stuff on there about how friendly pits are, just misunderstood.
stupidity runs deep.

You should inform them that nthe key word is not misunderstood, it is mismanaged. You're right most of them are stupid.

Tell Roger that

Roger already realizes he should have put the dog down the first time, There is no need to tell Roger anything, he's a smart feller that can figure out things for himself much unlike yourself.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The dogs should have been put down, this only moves the problem somewhere else.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’d sue the owner of the pits for all he had.

NRA Patron
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Unless you are a drug dealer or a pimp where is the need?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i belong to a dog forum, constant stuff on there about how friendly pits are, just misunderstood.
stupidity runs deep.

You should inform them that nthe key word is not misunderstood, it is mismanaged. You're right most of them are stupid.

Tell Roger that

Roger already realizes he should have put the dog down the first time, There is no need to tell Roger anything, he's a smart feller that can figure out things for himself much unlike yourself.

I am not the dumbazz that said mismanaged

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
stupidity runs deep.

Tell Roger that

I am not the dumbazz that said mismanaged

There's all that emotion again, get ahold of yourself, you can do it.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I killed one that came up in my yard about two years ago. He fuucked up when he growled at me.

I find an excuse to smoke every one of them I cross paths with.............which mostly means they're unleashed.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pits are born schitzos. They're cross wired in the head and can short circuit when least expected.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grown men typing out how scared such cuties make them.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There's all that emotion again, get ahold of yourself, you can do it.

Typical effeminate response

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

I wasn't sure before..
.yeah this Goosey chick is a troll.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt.....no more.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (2UP, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,541 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.