Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Friends and others always suggest to me that we try an Alaskan cruise.. Never. I get enough cold/wet here; when I go on a cruise it's gonna be SOUTH and SUNNY.. laugh laugh But that's just me..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have friends that love to go on cruises. They are not for me. I doubt I will ever go on one.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
Friends and others always suggest to me that we try an Alaskan cruise.. Never. I get enough cold/wet here; when I go on a cruise it's gonna be SOUTH and SUNNY.. laugh laugh But that's just me..

I get that, BUT I'm going to Alaska hoping for the wet and cold......escaping 100+ every day. I can't wait. Bet you enjoy yourself as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It would be nice when the 100 degree weather starts here!

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yep

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
hanco & judman: Take it from someone who has actually done an "Alaskan Cruise" - you don't know what you are talking about!
I would do another Alaskan Cruise in a heartbeat (and hopefully will someday soon!)!
The scenery and majesty of the Alaskan coastal areas is something to behold and to treasure.
Besides being so stunningly picturesque and relaxing there is lots to see and learn at the various ports of call on the Alaskan Cruises - something that is next to impossible (impractical!) to try and do by car - and ultra expensive to try and do by plane flights.
My wife and I had so much fun and enjoyed our Alaskan Cruise so much we have recommended it to many of our friends and the ones that took us up on them have all relayed how they enjoyed them.
In addition to our Alaska Cruise I have taken the "Alaskan Ferry" from Seattle to Alaska and enjoyed that immensely as well.
My suggestion to you is go on an Alaskan Cruise and I'll bet you enjoy it immensely (unless your just a pfukincontrary to begin with!).
Cruise Alaska - and enjoy life!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise, not going to the Caribbean anymore!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
hanco & judman: Take it from someone who has actually done an "Alaskan Cruise" - you don't know what you are talking about!
I would do another Alaskan Cruise in a heartbeat (and hopefully will someday soon!)!
The scenery and majesty of the Alaskan coastal areas is something to behold and to treasure.
Besides being so stunningly picturesque and relaxing there is lots to see and learn at the various ports of call on the Alaskan Cruises - something that is next to impossible (impractical!) to try and do by car - and ultra expensive to try and do by plane flights.
My wife and I had so much fun and enjoyed our Alaskan Cruise so much we have recommended it to many of our friends and the ones that took us up on them have all relayed how they enjoyed them.
In addition to our Alaska Cruise I have taken the "Alaskan Ferry" from Seattle to Alaska and enjoyed that immensely as well.
My suggestion to you is go on an Alaskan Cruise and I'll bet you enjoy it immensely (unless your just a pfukincontrary to begin with!).
Cruise Alaska - and enjoy life!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My wife and I really enjoyed our Alaskan cruise as well. With the Alaskan cruises the ship is more of a floating hotel that you come back to at night after you spend the day touring -- with the added bonus that when you wake up in the morning your "hotel" is in a new location.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what I really enjoyed about the Rhine River cruise we took. Unpack once, pack once two weeks later when you're done. Wake up each morning to a different port/city.

Don't know that I'd ever want to take a large boat cruise of any kind just because I'm very averse to large groups of people. I'm sure the better ones have a high level of service but the medium sized boat I was on (180 passengers aboard) impressed the hell out of me for very personal service and the gourmet food. If'n I was going to take another cruise I'd look seriously at the small boat tours that only have 25-30 people on them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
with the added bonus that when you wake up in the morning your "hotel" is in a new location.

[Linked Image]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
So you are saying anyone who doesn’t love being jammed into a boat with several thousand other folks and driven to a third world country has obviously never been on a cruise?

Let's see, in 4 cruises I've been to Alaska, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Australia and New Zealand. Next month I'll add Netherlands, England, Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Monaco. Not a 3rd world country among them. There are other cruises than those to the Caribbean for 3 days of partying, sunburn and puking.

Now I might enjoy something like that. We went on one to the Bahamas, and another to Mexico. I was unimpressed.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image]

Pffft. Some of the seas I've been on make THAT look like the wake from a bass boat...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

LOL

they'll fill up a Carnival cruise

wife and I booked an Alaskan cruise tonight for next year. Got a little higher end one to avoid the bargain hunters.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[Linked Image]
laugh laugh Some truth there - way too many passengers on Carnivals get so wasted that they try to do the perfect 10 'Louganis" off a side rail... It rarely ends well.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like a fine time to me!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Hoe does this one look to ya?

[Linked Image]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,585
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.