Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All I can say is that I probably haven't taken my last dump in one their campers on their sales lot.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've seen the large flags flying at many of their locations and liked it plenty.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Here's another shot of the pole. It's nowhere near being within 100' of the street. However, when the flag is fully extended by the wind, it could be within 100' of the street. Also, they could be counting that sidewalk as part of the street right of way. Either way, the suit appears to be just BS.

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure that's not the Statesville location. The Statesville Gander RV location is just up I-77 from me and I pass it fairly regularly. I doubt the flag pole is within 100 ft of the Interstate but it well may be within that distance from the right of way. Have to take a closer look next trip by. Gander Outdoors here in town flys one that looks to be about the same size but I doubt Mooresville would sue to take it down anyway. Nice bit of color in a good breeze. Good reminder of what we have others want to take. But the CEO is begging publicity. Just back the pole up to minimum distance and carry on. With a flag that size even another 100 ft won't matter. Or line up 5 or 6 in the same spot but in spec. Dumb fight to pick.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In this case, I am on the side of the POS owner of Camping World. Won’t be buying anything there, but I support flying BIG American flags.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's another shot of the pole. It's nowhere near being within 100' of the street. However, when the flag is fully extended by the wind, it could be within 100' of the street. Also, they could be counting that sidewalk as part of the street right of way. Either way, the suit appears to be just BS.

[Linked Image]

That's a garrison flag. The dimensions are 20'x38'.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some elected officials might want to rethink their positions on this issue.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootem

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure that's not the Statesville location. The Statesville Gander RV location is just up I-77 from me and I pass it fairly regularly. I doubt the flag pole is within 100 ft of the Interstate but it well may be within that distance from the right of way. Have to take a closer look next trip by. Gander Outdoors here in town flys one that looks to be about the same size but I doubt Mooresville would sue to take it down anyway. Nice bit of color in a good breeze. Good reminder of what we have others want to take. But the CEO is begging publicity. Just back the pole up to minimum distance and carry on. With a flag that size even another 100 ft won't matter. Or line up 5 or 6 in the same spot but in spec. Dumb fight to pick.
That showed up on A Google search as the one. However, here's another one that's captioned as the Gander RV. Because of the camera angle, it's hard to judge how large the flag is.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are on my permanent Sh** list along with Dick's.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shootem

[Linked Image]

That showed up on A Google search as the one. However, here's another one that's captioned as the Gander RV. Because of the camera angle, it's hard to judge how large the flag is.

[Linked Image]

Yeah that looks more like it. Don't know the dimensions of the flag but it's BIG. And looking at that pic the flag pole has to be way over 100 ft from pavement but I'm not sure about right-of-way. Could be the chain link fence. In that case if ROW is the standard they need to back it up a little. Just don't see a big issue. They're not banning the flag, just keeping big stuff back off the road.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they measure from the pole, I don't see a problem. However, if they measure from the full extent of the flag, which is 80' long, it could be a problem. That would be 180' from the pole. From looking at this photo, I'd call the whole thing BS. That flag isn't endangering anyone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
Some elected officials might want to rethink their positions on this issue.

They are probably getting paid to raise a stink by the Commie owner.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Walmart of campers.

That said...the one by my house does fly a GIANT flag.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1minute, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 280Jeff, 29aholic, 58 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,120
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.