Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Agreed Bob.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the leupold vxIIc scopes, I think they are bullet proof myself. Had one go bad but it was made in 71-72. Leupold replaced for free.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I dare any company rep to step foot on these boards...........

[Linked Image]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Nothing to gain for Leupold by participating.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by koshkin
Leupold had a bit of a change in personnel in recent years, partly because a good number of people retired (as John mentioned) and partly because quite a few experienced people went to work for Sig, who opened their shop a few miles down the road. Now that Crimson Trace is in the scope making business as well, I would not be surprised if they pilfered some people from Leupols and/or Sig.

From a consumer standpoint, it is a good thing to have three companies like this all next to each other. They feed off of the same pool of employees and, having several companies in the same area encourages people from other parts of the country to move to the area since there is a good job market.

Greater Portland area has quite a lot of optics and electro-optics companies within a 100 miles from each other: Leupold, Sig, Crimson Trace, FLIR, Collins Aerospace plus all the EO shops in Hood River. There are a few smaller outfits as well, like Kruger and some other OEM shops and a medical imaging company or two.

This kind of competition is not great for Leupold in the short term, but is probably healthy in the long term (general disclaimer: I know some of these people because of my dayjob and some because of my hobbies. The two often overlap).

ILya

Because of this known fact, I gave Sig some business recently, buying 3 scopes. A Tango6 and 2 Whiskey5 Hellfires with lighted QuadPlex reticle. The glass is both crystal in day and extremely bright in low light.

The Whiskey5 is a true hunting scope with a nice weight compromise between a SWFA SS 3-15x42 and a NF, but with better glass on par with a Vx6. The Tango6 is a tactical scope, making it a heavy bitch.

A Long time, respected, Fire member, who’s killed a pile of Leupold’s has been trying to torture test one of my Sig’s... I haven’t read it’s obituary, yet...

Trust me, my pard will expose a weekness. So far his only bitch is the duplex reticle on a tactical scope that caused him to mil out his target during sight-in with another scope.

Here’s my Whiskey5 5-25x52. I’m contemplating running it on this 300 Wby. 😎

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by koshkin
Leupold had a bit of a change in personnel in recent years, partly because a good number of people retired (as John mentioned) and partly because quite a few experienced people went to work for Sig, who opened their shop a few miles down the road. Now that Crimson Trace is in the scope making business as well, I would not be surprised if they pilfered some people from Leupols and/or Sig.

From a consumer standpoint, it is a good thing to have three companies like this all next to each other. They feed off of the same pool of employees and, having several companies in the same area encourages people from other parts of the country to move to the area since there is a good job market.

Greater Portland area has quite a lot of optics and electro-optics companies within a 100 miles from each other: Leupold, Sig, Crimson Trace, FLIR, Collins Aerospace plus all the EO shops in Hood River. There are a few smaller outfits as well, like Kruger and some other OEM shops and a medical imaging company or two.

This kind of competition is not great for Leupold in the short term, but is probably healthy in the long term (general disclaimer: I know some of these people because of my dayjob and some because of my hobbies. The two often overlap).

ILya

Because of this known fact, I gave Sig some business recently, buying 3 scopes. A Tango6 and 2 Whiskey5 Hellfires with lighted QuadPlex reticle. The glass is both crystal in day and extremely bright in low light.

The Whiskey5 is a true hunting scope with a nice weight compromise between a SWFA SS 3-15x42 and a NF, but with better glass on par with a Vx6. The Tango6 is a tactical scope, making it a heavy bitch.

A Long time, respected, Fire member, who’s killed a pile of Leupold’s has been trying to torture test one of my Sig’s... I haven’t read it’s obituary, yet...

Trust me, my pard will expose a weekness. So far his only bitch is the duplex reticle on a tactical scope that caused him to mil out his target during sight-in with another scope.

Here’s my Whiskey5 5-25x52. I’m contemplating running it on this 300 Wby. 😎

[Linked Image]

You Like your bubble gum I see.. how you liking that instapot?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J,
The wife loves that thing. She makes some pretty fantastic meals - especially soups, chicken dishes, stews and chili.

Amazon bubble gun ordering is cheap compared to our store prices...”Now and Later” are good too.

Amazon even sells some of our old school candy. It’s pretty cool to find candy still being made that I haven’t seen since I was little tike.
😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I dare any company rep to step foot on these boards...........

Just ask Trystan.....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Tested tweleve Tango 6 military scopes for 16 days this year. 7 of 12 had catastrophic failures before 3,000 rounds of 223. By catastrophic I mean “lenses falling out”. 2 more developed wildly inaccurate tracking.

They are just like Leupold.

Last edited by Formidilosus; 05/24/19.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image]

i would have to agree ! thank you and the good lord for this nice picture !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Tested tweleve Tango 6 military scopes for 16 days this year. 7 of 12 had catastrophic failures before 3,000 rounds of 223. By catastrophic I mean “lenses falling out”. 2 more developed wildly inaccurate tracking.

They are just like Leupold.

If you’d stop using scopes to build your kill houses they might do a little better. Lenses falling out.?!? WTF...😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here Form, better? Frick’n Snipers in the bush. I guy never see’s you coming until it’s too late...Laffin 😎

[Linked Image]

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve still got 12-15 leupolds im waiting to break!!!🤣🤣🖕🏿

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Formidilosus, is there an existing link or a particular thread on this site where you describe your testing procedures?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just straight shooting. No abuse at all.

No one wanted them to be good more than I, but like the others- they suck.

On the bright side, went past 70,000 rounds on a Nightforce during the same period. A couple others broke 30k.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

That’s better.
Here Form, better? Frick’n Snipers in the bush. I guy never see’s you coming until it’s too late...Laffin 😎

[Linked Image]

Better. 😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

On the bright side, went past 70,000 rounds on a Nightforce during the same period. A couple others broke 30k.

70k...Clits be getting swollen with that number brotha.

I appreciate the intel, even if it’s too late. I still have a NXS ready to go if and when the Whiskey5 makes a turd. 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I wouldn't want something that fails at 3000 rounds either. Funny thing is, all I use are Leupold and I have never had one fail except for one that was screwed up when I acquired it in a trade (someone had removed the ocular bell). I shoot up to about 5000 rounds a year (total) on rifles ranging from .22 LR, to .222 Rem up to .35 Whelen. That's just my own personal experience with them.

I DO recognize the possibility that every one of them has some slop causing up to maybe 1/2 MOA POI shifts. The only way to know would to swap a Nightforce or something similar on them and see if I'm leaving some accuracy on the table. Could be that my rifles are more accurate than I think, and that wouldn't hurt my feelings. Just my pocketbook. smile

Another question for you: do you see a direct correlation between a scope's weight and its durability?

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Form, you have a reason the lenses were coming out? They using chewing gun for an adhesive?

Seriously asking 😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.