Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJY66
Man that is fantastic!

Keep up the good work with one word of caution......be careful with the dips and pushups. I got on a bigly exercise kick when I was in my 40's and developed "tennis elbow" which is tendonitis in the elbow. Got to where I could not pick up a glass of water if my arm was extended out. Mine came from overdoing pull ups but your elbow joints take a beating with those, dips, pushups etc. With age, the tendons lose flexibility and are easier to aggravate than when young.

It really puts a damper on your upper body exercise program when your arms don't work and the only way to get over it is to rest, and it takes a long time....mine took a couple of years. I tried to "fight through"......WRONG! Just kept re-injuring myself.

Don't want you to lose your momentum! Warm up good and give your body plenty of time to recover between sessions.

Good advice, had both elbows and a shoulder screwy for almost 2 years from shooting bows too much. Quit the 3D shoots and slowed way down on the practice and have healed up. Oh string and cables last awhile now too.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good job man!

I got tennis elbow 3 years ago. Couldn't even pick up an empty milk jug without almost dropping to my knees. Really screwed up my bow shooting/hunting.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Good job man!

I got tennis elbow 3 years ago. Couldn't even pick up an empty milk jug without almost dropping to my knees. Really screwed up my bow shooting/hunting.

Mine is actually better now than it was 2 years ago. I know I could aggravate it doing too much but I think I am strengthening it and giving it the rest and nutrition it needs to heal it'self.

Any of you guys can do the same that need to. Now I can wear any of my old pants with both my legs in one leg of those. I was a 48/32 and now wear a 32/32 and will likely be a 30/32. I wear a medium shirt and was wearing a 4XL. I don't feel the same at all. My wife says she feels like she's cheating on me with a stranger now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Good job ! Ill buy u all the beers u want and bottomless frys ! ...lol I'm one size down ..still having to much fun...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Your story is inspirational but I got to wonder what you look like at 6'2" in a medium shirt. Where do you find medium extra talls?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smarquez
Your story is inspirational but I got to wonder what you look like at 6'2" in a medium shirt. Where do you find medium extra talls?

I actually found some Hanes or some cheap T shirts for now that are a little longer than most mediums. I haven't bought any expensive clothes yet because I lose about 10 lbs every month and just 2 months I am about a pants size down. I kept my 48's until I was a 38. I'm now getting rid of my 36's and 34's I had bought,

I'm not sure medium isn't bigger than it use to be. I don't look small built. I do have muscles on my arms with veins you can see now. I thought I was a big strong man for years,I may just be a medium strong man.LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smarquez

Eddie Bauer has a great selection of tall shirts. Plus usually a great Memorial Day online sale......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
R H Clark ,

Great job !

I had forgot about your weightloss and get in shape thread you're really taking it serious - great .

I.m 6-2'' also and wear medium shirts , just over 200lbs. , large size drapes down over my waist too far .
Back five years ago I was in great shape had been hitting the gym for 10-12 years and got burned out . Was injured in a fall a while back and have to get moving again at 59 1/2 years old it gets harder all the time but we have to fight that off .
My younger brother passed away March 17 , he had a back surgury from a life of doing concrete work - surgury ruined his life . He couldn't do anything after , that led to depression and very little activity and bad eating habits . He had the Flu really bad and died in his sleep at 57 years old , I sure miss him .
There are a lot of people who are very unhealthy and don't think they are when you have your 50th birthday you better start paying attention to your life if you care about your life .

I've got to change my ways and get back active and working out N O W , laying in bed with a bunch of broken ribs,arm,collar bone , back injury got me down. Using this thread for motivation . Thanks and keep up the good work I know you'll make your 180lb. goal .

On the teeth hygiene topic , get a Waterpik water flosser [$40ish] , G U M - PROXABRUSH little brushes that clean between your teeth [you'll love the ease of use][still use floss though] , Phillips Sonicare toothbrush y'all will love all three and they all last a long time . OK I'll leave the rest to Hatari [Dentist] . smile

Take care of your health folks - you can't hunt fish shoot and aggravate people here on the Fire if you're dead .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Congrats.

Happy for you. Life changing choices you have made and I applaud you for it..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Just taking a moment to update you guys on my weight loss.

Anyway guys,I don't need any congrats though I appreciate them and all the encouragement you guys have given me so far. I just wanted to stay on ya'll that might be close to where I was, and keep telling ya'll that it isn't too late,especially if a cornbread fed fat ass 50 year old redneck from Alabama can do it.

You did good RH. What do we call you now? looks like Chubby is out..........

You're right anyone can do it they just have to want to.

I was dying from the same stuff as you, it damn near got me but I beat it and since eating properly I have lost 30 lbs since the end of January. I have done nothing but eat right, no exercise or anything just eating right.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Just taking a moment to update you guys on my weight loss.

Anyway guys,I don't need any congrats though I appreciate them and all the encouragement you guys have given me so far. I just wanted to stay on ya'll that might be close to where I was, and keep telling ya'll that it isn't too late,especially if a cornbread fed fat ass 50 year old redneck from Alabama can do it.

You did good RH. What do we call you now? looks like Chubby is out..........

You're right anyone can do it they just have to want to.

I was dying from the same stuff as you, it damn near got me but I beat it and since eating properly I have lost 30 lbs since the end of January. I have done nothing but eat right, no exercise or anything just eating right.

I didn't feel like exercising until I lost about 60 lbs. Starting I couldn't hardly do anything. All you have to do though is eat right, do a little more than normal.It has to be enough of something that you can tell you did it. It might be one push up or one walk around the track or it might be 50 push ups and a 3 mile run depending on your fitness level. It just has to be enough that you can tell you did it the next day. then give yourself at least 24 hours of rest with a good 8 hours sleep and do a little more the next time. You repeat that simple thing for 100 days and see if you don't feel a lot better.

Our bodies don't wear out as much as rust out and break down from bad gas and barely running them. I thought mine was worn out but I had just been giving it bad gas for a long time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s incredible! Standing ovation deserved. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by victoro
"No fruit juice though, it and milk you might as well drink a glass of sugar water"

If you like milk you can drink lactose free milk.

I'm trying be as sugar free as much as possible so I followed my own advice and bought a gallon of lactose free milk yesterday. This stuff has a sickeningly sweet taste like an artificial sweetener. The label shows no lactose but it has lactase enzyme (for digesting lactose). It also shows that it has exactly as much sugar (12g per cup) as regular whole milk! I don't know where the sweet case comes from since there is no sugar listed on the label. I'm usually good at reading labels but I was in a hurry when I bought it. It's going back to the store tomorrow.

Last edited by victoro; 05/26/19.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good job!

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrads on the weight Loss! One plus on the Flossing! Iv realy seen a difference in my teeth & gums! I hadnt been to a denist in 8-9 years! had to have the Deep Cleaning done, not fun and took several visits! going to get serious with my Carbs Now! Thanks for the Update!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by saddlering
Congrads on the weight Loss! One plus on the Flossing! Iv realy seen a difference in my teeth & gums! I hadnt been to a denist in 8-9 years! had to have the Deep Cleaning done, not fun and took several visits! going to get serious with my Carbs Now! Thanks for the Update!

Yea,I've always been fanatical about my teeth. I use one of those dental cleaning picks and a water pic at home. They ain't perfect, but I've still got more of them, and they look better than most my age.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (17Fan, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,317
Posts18,487,330
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.