Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
P
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Total fastpitch junkie here. Minnesota took out LSU yesterday and can clinch the series by beating them again. It would be their first ever birth to the Nationals. Love to watch the game. The pitchers are really impressive. Our daughter was a pretty darned good pitcher, but she'd not even make the practice squad on these programs. GO GOPHERS!

My granddaughter had a chance to play for LSU (she wasn’t a pitcher), but with her major being Chemical Engineering.....she couldn’t play and keep up her studies! memtb

good for her!

hope she is doing well in her chosen field.

Thanks! But, going into her senior year, with a real good GPA, she decided she’d rather teach HS chemistry and physics. I was a little bummed! But, it’s her life! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I left Tucson 30 + years ago, but still like to watch my Wildcats. BEAR DOWN!!

Greater love has no one than this,that he lay down his life for his friends.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ouchie

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My granddaughter has played high school softball since she made the team as a seventh grader. Unfortunately the team she plays on has had it's share of ups and downs with coaching problems and injuries to key players. She also plays travel ball in the off season. She is a natural athlete, but doesn't push herself hard enough to take it to the next level. She's good enough to play college ball, and although she will just be a junior this year, has had a college scout take a look at her. Yes, there are some manly looking softball players, but there are also some very pretty girls that play the game. I enjoy watching the girls play.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
P
Total fastpitch junkie here. Minnesota took out LSU yesterday and can clinch the series by beating them again. It would be their first ever birth to the Nationals. Love to watch the game. The pitchers are really impressive. Our daughter was a pretty darned good pitcher, but she'd not even make the practice squad on these programs. GO GOPHERS!

My granddaughter had a chance to play for LSU (she wasn’t a pitcher), but with her major being Chemical Engineering.....she couldn’t play and keep up her studies! memtb

good for her!

Thanks! But, going into her senior year, with a real good GPA, she decided she’d rather teach HS chemistry and physics. I was a little bummed! But, it’s her life! memtb

Dang!

Just Dang!

I am having regular conversations with my daughter now as she tries to decide what course of study to follow and we talk regularly about aiming high in her career path.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Glad she made the correct choice. Sadly, once college is over, there's very little chance of these amazing athletes making any money playing fastpitch. She's much better served pursuing her field of study.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still like to watch the game when it's played well. My daughter was definitely not a "finesse" player. She absolutely hated being told to bunt. She played hard, and very physical and made no apologies for it. If a pitcher hit one of her teammates, that pitcher would get one in return the next time she batted. Never met an umpire she liked, even the ones that called good games for her. I coached her through 12 U but after that she was beyond what I could do to help her improve.

Last year of 12U, she's pitching in a tight game and struggling. Our other pitcher is warmed up and ready to go. Ellie had thrown over 200 pitches that weekend, and it was time for the switch. I made the walk to the mound as she glared at me with contempt. I got out to the circle, and she's shooting daggers at me. She says WTF are you doing on MY MOUND! I said to her, "I figured I'd better come get you before you killed the umpire!" She gave me that schidt eating grin and says, "you know, you're not as dumb as Mom says you are!"

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The only time it's acceptable to watch or take interest in soccer, or women's softball is if you have a child or grandchild participating in the respective sport.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’m very proud of her. She just seems to have a desire to teach. She did some tutoring while in college, to help support herself through schooling, and coached girls softball during the summer! Though, I really did want to see her play on ESPN! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by deflave
The only time it's acceptable to watch or take interest in soccer, or women's softball is if you have a child or grandchild participating in the respective sport.

Preach it Brother

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Both of my daughters played softball since the age of 6, their HS team was state 4A champions twice during their HS playing careers the youngest daughter was team captain the year they won for the 2nd time. Both played in college, the oldest daughter's team went to the NCAA World Series of Women's College Softball and the youngest girls team won their conference championship and a birth to NAIA Nationals in her senior year. Softball paid for one college education with the scholarships both had, they both remain active playing for their employer's co-ed teams.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Thankfully that rule does not apply to woman's volleyball

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I clicked onto this thread thinking that there might be some uproar about some dude getting on the college women's softball team because he "identifies" as female. I'm actually glad that wasn't the case because I'm getting sick of that ridiculous B.S..

[bleep].

Most of the varsity and U16 softball players I know would kick
a trannies ass.

These girls are inspiringly tough.
You see tears (they are girls after all), tears of joy, disappoint, or just female emotional crap.
You don't see tears of pain.
They take nasty hits, hurt themselves running, and you see little drama from most players.

I watched a 13 year old catcher take a full force throw square in the mouth, blindsided.
Knocked her down, removed several front teeth by the roots.
She whimpered a bit going out of the gym.

Nope, trannies better tread lightly.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Thankfully that rule does not apply to woman's volleyball

Not in the least.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Both of my daughters played softball since the age of 6, their HS team was state 4A champions twice during their HS playing careers the youngest daughter was team captain the year they won for the 2nd time. Both played in college, the oldest daughter's team went to the NCAA World Series of Women's College Softball and the youngest girls team won their conference championship and a birth to NAIA Nationals in her senior year. Softball paid for one college education with the scholarships both had, they both remain active playing for their employer's co-ed teams.

Congratulations to both, you and your daughters. It’s truly inspiring to watch your kids/grandkids excel at a sport they love. Or, excel in whatever they love .....academics, sports, or whatever! memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P

good for her!

keep telling her, she's only 2 semesters away from that Chem E degree. pay down a lot of student loans with that kind of dough! she can always go back for 9 months of college!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Yes, and this is why many of the pitchers wear a modified catcher's mask to protect their face (though it is primarily designed for protection against bated balls - 40 ft. to home plate - rather than a throw to second from the cacther.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
P

good for her!

keep telling her, she's only 2 semesters away from that Chem E degree. pay down a lot of student loans with that kind of dough! she can always go back for 9 months of college!

I think that for her, it’s more fulfilling to teach.....than be involved in big industry. Much less money, but it’s her decision! I worked jobs I hated for 50 years....chasing security and a few bucks! Actually working a job I would’ve loved.....somehow didn’t enter the equation! memtb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Grand Buffoon has spoken and we should all fall in line now......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I walked into a bar a weekend or two back all the men were sitting there screaming at the TV's watching women's fugking softball. I said "What is this fugking schit? Put the PGA on."

Their heads hung low. They felt shame.

As they should.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

307 members (1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 38 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,500
Posts18,490,477
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.