Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I must be seriously out of the loop. I would have thought ANY old White guy walking around rural Southern Arizona is gonna be armed to the teeth.

that's pretty good assumption in my book.
also true 100miles north of the border in the desert too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB4

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One of the big issues in my mind, even more so today, is the number of blood carried deseases alot of people carry with them.
i don't want to be close enough to share.
fisticuffs went out a long time ago.
As to birdwatchers comments, your mind set might change if you are sitting on a hill watching black clad mexicano's sneaking BACK across the border with fn/fal's slung on their backs.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I gots a 32 auto!!

I jes shoots til its empty!!!

Then I goes to cuttin’.

Savage 1907?

Mauser 1914

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hope they caught the illegals but even if they did probably had to let them loose. I carry an old Smith m36 but I've been looking around for a better choice for my full figured self to carry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
As to birdwatchers comments, your mind set might change if you are sitting on a hill watching black clad mexicano's sneaking BACK across the border with fn/fal's slung on their backs.

??

I said I would assume any old White guy walking around rural Southern Arizona is gonna be armed to the teeth. Not sure how my mindset needs to change.

Edited in: never mind, got it now.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 05/25/19.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
Hope they caught the illegals but even if they did probably had to let them loose. I carry an old Smith m36 but I've been looking around for a better choice for my full figured self to carry.

Judging by the effort that was directed at catching them, I suspect that criminal charges were pending. However, most of those guys do get turned loose after being arraigned, and most don't bother to show up for their trial.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a small town outside Houston. All you have to do is watch the nightly news. A couple shot each night. Not counting the robberies. I’ve warned my wife there is nothing left to steal were the ferals live . So they have to expand their territory. Always have a handgun with me. Usually another in my truck. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too old to fist fight or grapple. Still able to shoot. I won’t be someone’s vic.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Never leave home without it.

Have 2 potential problem tenants right now. One has already threatened me. He gone.

Have a meeting with the other one today.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

??

I said I would assume any old White guy walking around rural Southern Arizona is gonna be armed to the teeth. Not sure how my mindset needs to change.

Edited in: never mind, got it now.

good enough, just to be clear, i wasn't talking about your mindset.
there within eyesight of crossfireops place, was the side of the huachuca mountains. Some nice homes up in the canyons. School bus stops on the main road to pick up kids. Mam's dropping off kids are all packing, and wait for the school bus to get on its way. there is a historic trail south/north used by the indians, now in use by the new arrivals. I have sat at gregs place after dark and watched the string of lights up on the mt. Greg lived only a few miles from the north/south river going through there. He would tell me of hearing automatic weapons fire after dark.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If in doubt......SHOOT!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,944
Posts18,480,168
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.