Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Terryk
They are expensive, but they hit hard, and don’t wear out. I had others and after a while they would wear through the hardening.
Maybe there are cheaper options, but they are still first class.

Expensive? Price a jewel for a bolt gun? IIRC, and this is no flame on you, just comments, a milazzo( probably a POS in Twigs mind too) was about 180 in the late 80s or early 90s IIRC.... means prices have not changed much in one way.

I"m all about a cheap RRA or maybe even a La Rue these days too, for most things, but I go into that knowing I will have to shoot them some, and then pull em apart and tweak em a bit. I'm ok with that for the most part for the savings as I generally have more time than money.

rost, have you tried the G2S trigger? I tried one of those yesterday and really liked it. It was between the worked over RRA that we love and my SSA-E... I was pretty impressed with it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G2S is same trigger as SAA w/o the certs.

Put a lighter trigger spring on & it will be an SSA-E..................................

But lately, I have more single stage triggers than 2 stage trigger, just depends.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I do not have a single geiselle because I'm not building new guns and have not for years. I have shot them though in friends newer guns.

I am not sure on the G2S at all.

I don't like single stage in an AR period, but thats probably due to years of 2 stage I'm so used to them, and the fact that used to be single stage of any decency were dangerous eventually. Or too heavy for my tastes.

One of these years... I have 2 stripped lowers in AK here now, and will eventually build them. For some use. Only brought a Wilson tubed 223 up with me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 2 Stage is generally better for an AR for at least 3 reasons:

1) It has a lighter safe final pull weight.
2) It is safer with a lighter final pull because it does a better job of preventing bump fire type inadvertent shots and slam fires (This gets more important the heavier the BCG is, for example in AR10s, SCAR-Hs, etc).
3) It gives better ignition because you can have a heavier hammer spring and still have a good pull weight.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That may have been the case in the past, not so much any more, IMO.

Elftmann's are superb & have a half-cock notch similar to a 1911 for safety; lots of other, new single stage triggers today that were not there even 5 years ago today....................time move on.

For me, also depends on use................for 3-gun, never a 2 stage, on a precision LR rifle, I do prefer it. Just depends.....................

YMMV

MM

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I do not have a single geiselle because I'm not building new guns and have not for years. I have shot them though in friends newer guns.

I am not sure on the G2S at all.

I don't like single stage in an AR period, but thats probably due to years of 2 stage I'm so used to them, and the fact that used to be single stage of any decency were dangerous eventually. Or too heavy for my tastes.

One of these years... I have 2 stripped lowers in AK here now, and will eventually build them. For some use. Only brought a Wilson tubed 223 up with me.

rost, you should try a G2S and compare it to the RRA varmint match. Even compare it to one that has been polished out and made right. I think you'd like the G2S. I know I was quite surprised. I'm used to my SSA-E and re-worked RRA varmint match triggers. To me, sometimes the SSA-E is a little light, but a damn good trigger. The G2s almost splits the RRA and SSA-E right down the middle. It's also less money than the SSA-E and just a bit more than the RRA. When on sale, I think they run right around $110.00-$140.00

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Terryk
They are expensive, but they hit hard, and don’t wear out. I had others and after a while they would wear through the hardening.
Maybe there are cheaper options, but they are still first class.

Expensive? Price a jewel for a bolt gun? IIRC, and this is no flame on you, just comments, a milazzo( probably a POS in Twigs mind too) was about 180 in the late 80s or early 90s IIRC.... means prices have not changed much in one way.

I"m all about a cheap RRA or maybe even a La Rue these days too, for most things, but I go into that knowing I will have to shoot them some, and then pull em apart and tweak em a bit. I'm ok with that for the most part for the savings as I generally have more time than money.

rost, have you tried the G2S trigger? I tried one of those yesterday and really liked it. It was between the worked over RRA that we love and my SSA-E... I was pretty impressed with it...

The G2S-E from Brownells has the same pull specs as the SSA-E for less scratch. The G2S has the same pull specs as the standard SSA. G2S's save $ due to different trigger retention spring, no laser etching, batch testing.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Elftmann's are superb & have a half-cock notch similar to a 1911 for safety; lots of other, new single stage triggers today that were not there even 5 years ago today....................time move on.

For me, also depends on use................for 3-gun, never a 2 stage, on a precision LR rifle, I do prefer it. Just depends.....................

YMMV

MM

I've been trying the Geissele single stage and for someone who's been on the 2 stage wagon for 20 years now, I'm about to jump off especially when it comes to shooting offhand. I think I still like the 2 stage for long range precision but there's no comparison for shooting offhand quickly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you got it.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
When I'm ready I'll call Bill. I have not spoken with him in years. Like calling John at White Oak, they know their product and I'm sure the suggestions will fill the need.

As to 2 stage vs single, I've shot a lot of 3 gun with 2 stage. A lot of offhand too. I'm not saying my scores wouldn't go up with a single stage. But I never really had complaints as it was.

For service rifle I just don't see the advantage of single stage for offhand. I want the preload. Plus we have a weight minimum to hold to at 4.5 pounds so it works better that way.

I need to get my head into fishing though asap. I have first clients Wednesday.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff, the key word in TWR's comment about shooting Standing with a single stage was "quickly".

The precision required in HP is a whole 'nuther animal.

I've had students who were very good 3 Gunners try to shoot like that at CMP clinics. It does not work out for them.

Last edited by Tyrone; 06/11/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting quickly off hand is why I went away from 2 stage triggers on match guns.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta have the right tool for your game.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Jeff, the key word in TWR's comment about shooting Standing with a single stage was "quickly".

The precision required in HP is a whole 'nuther animal.

I've had students who were very good 3 Gunners try to shoot like that at CMP clinics. It does not work out for them.

Totally understood but trophy trigger rolling a 2 stage is pretty dang fast IMHO. Fast enough for me to place in local matches years ago...

And note I've not had time or money or effort to buy something supposedly perfect like an Elftman or such yet.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Kinda hard to roll that trophy finger when shooting multiple targets, especially when you might be required to move and keep your finger out of the trigger guard.

Different uses require different tools at times.

For me, the difference is by the time I touch the trigger, the shot is made before I can screw it up by staging the trigger. I'm not a convert yet but that's due to me shooting pistol every weekend. When I start playing with AR's again, I'm going to try it on our steel range as well. It might work better for me cause I can easily overthink the shot.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't mistake my take. I'm saying I can do well enough just playing.

In service rifle I took every advantage and practiced how to get advantages.

I totally understand the single stage 3 gun. I also know that at the closer ranges I can roll right through the 1st stage as needed which is good enough for not playing to win,. OTOH I I know that involves time.

Once we got use to Glock type triggers, that remind me of SKS triggers, then you can deal with them.

That said even having mags on your belt at different angles to increase speed I get all those types of things including single stage.,.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
A 2 Stage is generally better for an AR for at least 3 reasons:

1) It has a lighter safe final pull weight.
2) It is safer with a lighter final pull because it does a better job of preventing bump fire type inadvertent shots and slam fires (This gets more important the heavier the BCG is, for example in AR10s, SCAR-Hs, etc).
3) It gives better ignition because you can have a heavier hammer spring and still have a good pull weight.

Sweetie,

Less is more and folks who "know" as "much" as you,are ALWAYS better served by asking questions,than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your STUPIDITY is just plum fhuqking AMAZING.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

YMMV

MM

I've been trying the Geissele single stage and for someone who's been on the 2 stage wagon for 20 years now, I'm about to jump off especially when it comes to shooting offhand. I think I still like the 2 stage for long range precision but there's no comparison for shooting offhand quickly.

Prezactly.

I hate Double Squeezers on all things Krunchenticker,no matter the frame size or application. A good single simply CRUSHES them.

Now start talking an Anschutz Double Squeeze,with some REAL fhuqking virtues and I prolly roll a few that way.(grin)

Nice to have uniformity in a fire control system for a Krunchenticker,so one can rule schit out...rather than add variables to the fray.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please MFer, as I said before, people who listen to you are left more ignorant.

What have you won? Nothing. Stick to fishing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

There's no slighting,how your very WELL founded Insecurities consume you. Congratulations?!?

What do you do for a "living"? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart...you poor poor(literally) brokedick fhuqk.

Hint...................

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,779
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.