Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hey, I got this, take him out behind the wood shed & cut his nuts off!!!!!!!!!!! He'll be president of General Motors in no time!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ seriously. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I'd start here
[Linked Image]

What I know now that would be lost on the list.
Good grief, probably have a 95% chance of getting a divorce then here having 50% of everything you ever make the rest of your life.
That don’t sound fun.....oh maybe for the first few years but after that’s over.....nah.

Who said anything about marriage and divorce? crazy

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tell him not to get greedy and hung up sideways with the compassionate irs.

that misdirection can wreck a career, family, or business in no time.

so, whatever he does, please advise him to pay his taxes.

he can spend the remainder anyway he so chooses.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Nebraska
My son just graduated high school and is going to start his apprenticeship as an electrician this summer. That being said, he's a smart kid, hard worker and great with people and would like to also have a side-business so I thought I'd put this out for some ideas from those with good experience on what to do (or not to do). He's been mowing lawns since he was in 7th grade so a lawn business would be a gimme-put but he's open to anything that would make him good $$. He can replace toilets, faucets, light fixtures, etc. already and has all of his own power tools, a paid off 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with only 63k miles on it, a small utility trailer (5x8) and some seed money for startup/equipment ($5K-$7K) so if there's a side-business that makes good $$, I'm sure he'd be all ears. So, if you were in his shoes and doing it all over, what would you recommend??

I would study Statistics and Calculus and become the smartest guy there was at it, then I would go to work on Wall Street, and rip their balls off (not "rob them") and destroy them.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Good grief, probably have a 95% chance of getting a divorce then here having 50% of everything you ever make the rest of your life.
That don’t sound fun.....oh maybe for the first few years but after that’s over.....nah.

Geno

What about getting her pregnant???

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Geno

Don't be silly,

Wrap your Willie!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A young man has to have pussy. Hand jiving gets old. Wrap it and stab it!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't have married the big nosed commie bitch!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I still had four years of US Navy ahead of me.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I bought a hay processor when I was 18.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer.
I don't know what he laced them with -
but I've been tripping all day.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Heheheh...

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

Originally Posted by P_Weed
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer.
I don't know what he laced them with -
but I've been tripping all day.

That’s funny

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Though I dearly love my Number 3, and the kids I planted in Number 2, I would stay single, at all costs.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Start wiring residential, at some point he'll get a taste of commercial and never go back. Take the classes, get the licences. Options will come along like low voltage or hvac, he can make that call later. Most contractors figure a good apprentice will strike out on their own at some point, they did themselves. If he wants his own operation he better take some business classes or marry an accountant. He'll also need to build a relationship with a bank so he's not working out of his pocket, a good insurance agent and a lawyer that optimally know a little something about contracting.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Geno

I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Geno

JFC. I bet you jerk off into a rubber.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by hanco
He sounds like a we’ll grounded young man!!

Always a good idea for an electrician to be well grounded.

Only working low amperage

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some good ideas but I'll add to the list a little giving an example and telling what he has done.

I think the field he specializes in is moot other than one he likes but get training for sure

Neighbor kid, 24, went to school for automobile mechanics and I forget what but he went to another for larger machinery too.

His dad passed away when he was young. Has brothers and sisters but he stayed at home and still does.
He plays, plays hard, but no tobacco, no alcohol.........and out and about, mud bogging etc.
Single
Worked for a semi truck shop for about a year but kept his eyes open. Soon a company was looking for a mechanic to be on call. Whatever they run they have small buildings of running machinery that he checks on but, if one has some kind of error it messages him on his iphone. He has regular hours but its not a full time, 40 hours a week other than when something big is going on.

On the side, "for fun" he repairs...........everything. Mowers, tractors, cars, four wheelers etc.
He has a four wheel drive F150 but fixed up a diesel foreign car that gets over 50 mpg for his "work vehicle".

Kid could buy my 4 bedroom ranch, 3.6 acres .....cash.

Works, saves his money, single............key factors.
Marriage is ONLY if he knows she will stick. So many see greener pastures and ZIP..........there goes half ( at least) what you busted your hump for...........how well I know.

Have a family........after age 30. Seriously. Work up to then and get ahead FIRST.

Being HANDY.......oh man. Get his papers to work in his field, stick with it and start buying homes to fix up. Keep some of them.
Another guy I know, no schooling, just worked alot and didnt go out partying and stayed single. Bought rental property. Started small.
Financed the first couple, put the money from them into others till he could keep one or two.
He now has 18, hasnt worked for 20 years.

Just some insight on other's who have done ok.

God Bless

Last edited by Steve692; 05/26/19.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by tzone
I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Geno

I'd start here
[Linked Image]

Geno

JFC. I bet you jerk off into a rubber.

Good grief.
The guy asks for advice on his sons future and I give him what I think is pretty solid advice to get a career started without going into debt and I get this?
I’ve seen way to many young guys that have a promising future blow it on a pretty woman.
Not saying that all pretty women will get you in trouble but it can happen even with ugly ones.
I’d get my head screwed on tight with my career/business first then look for a relationship that’s all I’m saying.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Good grief.
The guy asks for advice on his sons future and I give him what I think is pretty solid advice to get a career started without going into debt and I get this?
I’ve seen way to many young guys that have a promising future blow it on a pretty woman.
Not saying that all pretty women will get you in trouble but it can happen even with ugly ones.
I’d get my head screwed on tight with my career/business first then look for a relationship that’s all I’m saying.

Thanks, grandma.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.