Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve seen a couple of reviews in the gun rags and on Youtube, but no hands-on user reports. The magazine reviews are favorable, but I put more faith in comments by non-professional reviewers talking about their everyday experiences.

Anyone buy one of these and want to comment on their experience with it?

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I might be mistaken, but seems like Mule Deer did a review in one some time back. If I recall correctly, he had plenty of good and nothing bad to say about. A search might turn it up.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Believe he has a regular Toric, not the newer one. By now he may have both, who knows?

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Nope, still just the first one, from 4 years ago--which just keeps truckin'.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by shinbone
I’ve seen a couple of reviews in the gun rags and Youtube, but no hands-on user reports.

Anyone buy one of these and want to comment on their experience with it?

I have one and they are absolutely a great value at the price point. You would have to pay about 3times the price to equal the quality in another brand. Optics are excellent and tracking is excellent as well

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Mine as well. Greet scope.

Pappy, I believe you are confusing the Toric scopes with the binos. There is a new UHD Toric bino, but the Toric scope hasn't changed since it first came out IIRC.

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/27/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are several variations of the Toric scope...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Good to hear most users are happy with their Toric scope.

I need a new scope for a Kimber Montana 270WSM, and the Toric 3-15x50 seems to check all my boxes, with some additional nice features such as the interchangeable turrets. I had been focusing on a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x50, but the Toric uses Schott glass (hopefully meaning Tract is serious about optical quality), and has a wider zoom range for about the same price.

Tract is having a Memorial Day sale at 10% off, so I figured now is the time to pull the trigger on one. I went for their T-Plex reticle. It is expected to arrive on Friday.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Of course, but they haven't changed the glass, internals, etc was my point. They do have a new precision scope but that wasn't the gist of the question. I don't believe anything has changed with the Toric "hunting scopes" IIRC.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by shinbone
Good to hear.

I need a new scope for a Kimber Montana 270WSM, and the Toric 3-15x50 seems to check all my boxes, with some additional nice features such as the interchangeable turrets. I had been focussing on a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x50, but the Toric uses Schott glass, as well, and has a wider zoom range for about the same price.

Tract is having a Memorial Day sale at 10% off, so I figured now is the time to pull the trigger on one. I went for their T-Plex reticle. It is expected to arrive on Friday.

I own Nightforce NXS, S&B, Meopta and top of the line Zies and the Toric is right up there with the best.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Mule Deer - could you provide a link to your report. I did a search, but didn't have any luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I should add that since then not only has the Toric been used on several of my rifles, but I sent it to Campfire member prairie goat for more of a workout, including a "drop" test. He didn't care for some of the aspects of the scope, but could not get it it fail in any way.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Mine as well. Greet scope.

Pappy, I believe you are confusing the Toric scopes with the binos. There is a new UHD Toric bino, but the Toric scope hasn't changed since it first came out IIRC.

Actually, I was confused about the Toric UHD and the new 30mm ones, also called UHD it seems. Not surprising, a lot of things confuse me these days.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Thanks for the link.

Using the scope hard in the field - exactly the kind of review I was looking for. Good work by Mr. Barsness!

And, it sounds like the Tract Toric UHD scope did exceptionally well, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Of course, but they haven't changed the glass, internals, etc was my point. They do have a new precision scope but that wasn't the gist of the question. I don't believe anything has changed with the Toric "hunting scopes" IIRC.

My mistake. I was thinking he was asking about the 30mm version, for some reason.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Mule Deer, do you recall what he didn't like about it?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'd hate to quote him exactly, but he posted on it here, I believe less than a year ago. Might be able to find it among his posts.

John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I'd hate to quote him exactly, but he posted on it here, I believe less than a year ago. Might be able to find it among his posts.

Lots of the typical Campfire panty-twisting and big egos to wade through. PG's comments start on about page 4:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...e-will-tract-optics-make-it#Post13447812

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Thank you, this is helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,296
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.