Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Just heard on the radio that the very least expensive house currently for sale in Bozeman MT is $329,000. It is a single family home that is just over 670 sq ft.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do those that live there permanently (not vacation homes and seasonal livers) make enough in wages to afford to live there? The average chick making $10/hour at Wendy's obviously isn't going to be buying that cheap house.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Cheesy
How do those that live there permanently (not vacation homes and seasonal livers) make enough in wages to afford to live there? The average chick making $10/hour at Wendy's obviously isn't going to be buying that cheap house.

I am guessing that many bought years ago, like a lot of places.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Calling bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Must be a penthouse atop the tallest building in town. That or overlooking 18th green in a high roller development.

Must admit to being amazed when the news discusses low cost housing projects in relative large cities. Like $250 K.

Maybe it's sandwiched between the local Waldorf and Hilton Hotels.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/30/19.

1Minute
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Cheesy

My guess is the price is related to Californians. They spread like a virus. We're infected here in Nevada.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Calling bullschit.

On Zillow that appears to be the case. I'm sure there are other homes cheaper.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What nonsense. Just a quick look, this one is $89,000 and has been on the market for 26 days.

Does nobody do any critical thinking anymore?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/27901-Norris-Rd-TRAILER-89-Bozeman-MT-59718/119774079_zpid/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are plenty of places for sale at lower prices if you include condos and townhouses. It may be the case that for single family residences this is true.

After buying our house in Bozeman last year I watched house prices frequently and have been shocked. When we were first looking at houses we found one we liked (we wanted a 100+ year old house in the historic district of town) that needed a LOT of work. We made a full price offer only to find out that someone had done the same a few hours earlier. We then tried to give the buyer whose offer was accepted a bunch of money to let us take over the contract and he refused.

I guess there are a lot of people like me going into the Bozeman market. I had a vacation house on the northern California coast that we sold to buy the Bozeman house...the CA house we sold was the same price as the Bozeman house we bought, but the CA house was 1600 sq ft and nothing special, while the Bozeman house is a fricking 5,500 sq ft mansion on a huge lot a few blocks from Main St.

I suspect that this is a common story in Bozeman and it explains how people are paying big $$$ even though there aren't a lot of big money jobs in the area.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remsen
There are plenty of places for sale at lower prices if you include condos and townhouses. It may be the case that for single family residences this is true.

After buying our house in Bozeman last year I watched house prices frequently and have been shocked. When we were first looking at houses we found one we liked (we wanted a 100+ year old house in the historic district of town) that needed a LOT of work. We made a full price offer only to find out that someone had done the same a few hours earlier. We then tried to give the buyer whose offer was accepted a bunch of money to let us take over the contract and he refused.

I guess there are a lot of people like me going into the Bozeman market. I had a vacation house on the northern California coast that we sold to buy the Bozeman house...the CA house we sold was the same price as the Bozeman house we bought, but the CA house was 1600 sq ft and nothing special, while the Bozeman house is a fricking 5,500 sq ft mansion on a huge lot a few blocks from Main St.

I suspect that this is a common story in Bozeman and it explains how people are paying big $$$ even though there aren't a lot of big money jobs in the area.

Great.

Now we get 36 pages about the Jews buying everything up.

Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Great.

Now we get 36 pages about the Jews buying everything up.

Thanks.

As bad as Jews are, it could be worse. The Chinese and Indians from the Bay Area could be moving in next...

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m gonna run up there and buy a couple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did my undergrad in Bozeman back in the early-mid nineties. I really liked it. However, it sounds like it's grown tremendously. Pity...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

As bad as Jews are, it could be worse. The Chinese and Indians from the Bay Area could be moving in next...

I've had a Chinese landlord for a year now and they're 1,000 nicer than any big nosed shape shifter I ever met.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That 89k double wide is 38 yrs old and been extensively remodeled. the real ass kicker in my book is the $350 month lot rent. Nothing wrong with mobiles but they need to be on land YOU own and a permanent foundation.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I've had a Chinese landlord for a year now and they're 1,000 nicer than any big nosed shape shifter I ever met.

Wait till you try to get your security deposit back from the Chinaman. You'll miss the days of throwing dollars at cockroaches.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LMAO.

They have been great people.

But then again, I'm a good tenant and I think that can be a rare thing for them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco

Jews?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by hanco

Jews?

No! Cockroaches, silly!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1minute, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,058
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.