Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's been 38 years now.

Quit when the wife was pregnant with the first kid.

Never missed it,i did like me some Beefeaters Gin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good for you boomer . new house nice family you have a lot to be proud of .

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good on ya. I’ve got a buddy who’s 20 years sober, AA and NA.

My old man was an alcoholic, as was his and several of my brothers. Thankfully it skipped me, but my son got the monkey on his back and got better.

Best to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations. It truly is a better way to live for many.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congrats! I too live dry. Best thing I ever did. I lost my family twice and finally figured out the root cause....me. I'm thankful for every day I get now. Couldn't imagine going back to all the misery and madness.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Never had a problem managing my personal life and work life and still being able to enjoy a few drinks. If I did Id quit too. If you're life is better for it, then congrats.

After a hot day of hard work, a cold beer or four is hard to beat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1
Congrats! I too live dry. Best thing I ever did. I lost my family twice and finally figured out the root cause....me. I'm thankful for every day I get now. Couldn't imagine going back to all the misery and madness.

It seems like if alcohol is a problem for any guy like this ^^^, you should give it up. I can understand the keeping track if alcohol is ruling your life, but the average Joe that has a few now and then I don't understand the "24 years, 7 months 15 days 7 hours and 13, no 14 minutes clean and sober". It's like saying I quit wearing polyester suits on such and such a date. Ya know? Who keeps track of those things anyway.

Interesting concept in the Bible about being a new creation when saved. not "clean and sober", but brand new. Given a new heart, a new identity. It always bothers me to hear someone say "X years clean and sober". Seems like they're still in bondage to it, even when free of it. Maybe I'm readin it wrong tho.

I quit running around at some point in my life, don't know the date. Just wanted to live a different life because that wasn't me anymore. I don't keep track, it's not who I am anymore and I don't want to celebrate the old me.

This probly ain't making sense. Anyway, good on you Boomer, it sounds like a good choice and good discipline, well done. .

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I only drink on days that end in y ......and im at a bar now typeing this ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I only drink on days that end in y ......and im at a bar now typeing this ...

You’re in Alaska where it’s mandatory to drink. I couldn’t imagine what misery you’d face if you didn’t drink considering where you live. 😁

I’ll have a few beers and a bottle of Crown when I’m up north but as I put more distance between my wilder days and the current me I don’t think even Alaska could get me drinking like I used to, my 48 year old body just doesn’t process it like my 30 year old body could. I’m tired of headaches and nausea the next morning and the “hair of the dog” trick quit working.

To all of you that struggled with alcohol or drugs and quit.....you have my deepest respect. I know that not everyone can just walk away from it like I did and that you guys really had to work at not drinking have truly bettered your life.

I wish you all success in staying sober. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have been dry for 2 weeks.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Going on 22 hours and I just heard the ice machine drop a load so off I go.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
God bless you!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Going on 22 hours and I just heard the ice machine drop a load so off I go.

Yeah buddy, responding to that higher power!

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, we have had 5 year dry spells out here in West Texas on several occasions.

wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Just killed my three fingers of scotch to, """""robbing people with a . . . . . . six gun"""""..........Bobby Fuller, I fought the law! smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2

This probly ain't making sense.

True dat. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Congratulations on this great news!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It seems like if alcohol is a problem for any guy like this ^^^, you should give it up. I can understand the keeping track if alcohol is ruling your life, but the average Joe that has a few now and then I don't understand the "24 years, 7 months 15 days 7 hours and 13, no 14 minutes clean and sober". It's like saying I quit wearing polyester suits on such and such a date. Ya know? Who keeps track of those things anyway.

Interesting concept in the Bible about being a new creation when saved. not "clean and sober", but brand new. Given a new heart, a new identity. It always bothers me to hear someone say "X years clean and sober". Seems like they're still in bondage to it, even when free of it. Maybe I'm readin it wrong tho.

I quit running around at some point in my life, don't know the date. Just wanted to live a different life because that wasn't me anymore. I don't keep track, it's not who I am anymore and I don't want to celebrate the old me.

This probly ain't making sense. Anyway, good on you Boomer, it sounds like a good choice and good discipline, well done. .

Sounds to me like you struggle with alcohol.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Some people don’t need to drink, they go crazy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Sounds to me like you struggle with alcohol.

I do. I wish I could drink more. Thanks for being such a caring person Dave.

LOL
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,186
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.