Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It'll probably tow that 300,000 lbs about 1/2 mile before recharging is necessary. I heard all about how badass these Bad Boy Buggies are . Guys brought one out to our mule deer ranch, which is very, very sandy country and it made it about 20 minutes before dying. Not impressed, needless to say. Towed it back to camp with the Polaris Ranger 500, carbed model.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have any of you Tesla naysayers ever looked at one or spoken to an owner?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Invest all of your wife's money in it instead of Exxon, Shell, or Chevron and see how that turns out.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/04/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Invest all of your wife's money in it instead of Exxon, Shell, or Chevron and see how that turns out.

LMAO

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For those that don’t speak Texan, that meant “no.”

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider

laugh

No doubt.

I don't care if others invest, but it's not in my portfolio, nor will it be.

Especially after this stuff.

Elon Musk Charged With Securities Fraud for Misleading Tweets

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-219

Washington D.C., Sept. 27, 2018 —

The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged Elon Musk, CEO and Chairman of Silicon Valley-based Tesla Inc., with securities fraud for a series of false and misleading tweets about a potential transaction to take Tesla private.

^^^^^ Kinda puts that 300,000 pound towing statement in perspective, doesn't it?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what do ya do when your 40 miles away from home have about 50 miles of juice left in the tank and need another 100 or 200 miles right now?
Plug in a charged battery?
These cars are for people that want to look cool, narcissist types that have little alligators on their shirt

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
So what do ya do when your 40 miles away from home have about 50 miles of juice left in the tank and need another 100 or 200 miles right now?
Plug in a charged battery?
These cars are for people that want to look cool, narcissist types that have little alligators on their shirt

In well-traveled areas (i.e., urban areas and many interstate roads) there are fast-charge stations. Tesla calls them superchargers, other providers use different names, but they all basically provide about 100 miles of additional range in about 20 minutes (depending on the tech used in the charger). The problem, of course, is that the fast chargers are nowhere near as prevalent as gas stations are and even with fast charging, it's still slow.

If you have to use an RV park to plug in, figure you'll get about 25 miles of range per hour of charging. If you have nothing better than a standard 110 outlet, figure about 2 days of charging...

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Originally Posted by deflave

Nope
. I saw my very first Tesla on the highway Saturday. I didn't recognize it, so I caught up with it to gawk a little. We were on an Interstate. and I was getting off at the next exit, so I didn't get to converse with the owner. And didn't want to. It was a good-looking car, wider than a normal vehicle, it appeared, but it reminded me of a Jaguar. Nice, but I don't want one. I like my pickup, no range issues until I run out of money to feed it gasoline.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think it's great and will get one when it will go 1500 miles on a charge OR recharge in 10 minutes. Those days will come.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finally! Tesla owners have been clamoring for a vehicle with a payload rating to effectively haul their ego.

And the capacity to haul a grocery cart full of groceries...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Backroads
Finally! Tesla owners have been clamoring for a vehicle with a payload rating to effectively haul their ego.

And the capacity to haul a grocery cart full of groceries...

laugh

Pure Gold!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

When electric cars take over, the batteries will be standardized and you'll be able to exchange a discharged battery pack for a charged one, just like you fill a car up with gas.

You'll drive over the changer, which will remove the discharged battery through the bottom of the car, and replace it with a charged one.

Be different changer lanes for different makes/models.

Function check, and off you go.

Won't even hafta get outta the ride.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sooner or later someone is probably going to come up with a better propulsion system than the now petroleum powered internal combustion engine but a rechargeable battery isn't it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Nope
. I saw my very first Tesla on the highway Saturday. I didn't recognize it, so I caught up with it to gawk a little. We were on an Interstate. and I was getting off at the next exit, so I didn't get to converse with the owner. And didn't want to. It was a good-looking car, wider than a normal vehicle, it appeared, but it reminded me of a Jaguar. Nice, but I don't want one. I like my pickup, no range issues until I run out of money to feed it gasoline.

Ok.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Backroads

And the capacity to haul a grocery cart store full of groceries...

fixed it for ya ! grin

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sooner or later someone is probably going to come up with a better propulsion system than the now petroleum powered internal combustion engine but a rechargeable battery isn't it.

The future will probably bring about a better idea for all those rechargeable batteries you see running the electric motors on those power tools lining the walls at Home Depot and Lowes too.

But currently..

Ya can't stop what's comin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I ran into a peer today and he pulled up in a Model 3. 2018.

I asked his thoughts and he explained that he got the two motor (AWD) version with extended battery. He commutes 100 miles every day round trip. Said it is impossible to find a car at a red light that he can't destroy.

Charges at home and has never considered any aspect of range since he has owned it.

Isn't that just wild?

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a legitimate bite on this yet.

There are so many here that appear to be much smarter than the developers of these electric cars you'd think one of them would speak up that had an actually argument with substance.

My grandfather wouldn't fly, he traveled much but always by train, he wouldn't have natural gas in his home either and he didn't get in a automobile unless it was absolutely necessary. He couldn't explain his concerns that contributed to his fears. I loved the guy, he was great. Reminds me of some here......

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of haters on here or just angry because you need a big truck to compensate?
Unfortunately, It’s the future and he’s making the other car companies watch and compete to try harder and make a better product.
He (musk) doesn’t have patents on his stuff so others can try and improve on his.

I do agree that the charging thing sucks and why I haven’t got a Tesla. Just Not there yet.
When I go to elk camp I’ll put on 1000 miles in 18 hours. And there are no charging station in the sticks.

Until they get the batterie charge figured or make it a hybrid.
Strictly city truck.... and I see plenty of them street queens.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 11 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.