-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
L
My typing leaves a lot to be desired. I had a year class in High School then joined the USAF and had three hours a day for 6 weeks. I became a pretty good typist, I was a radio Intercept Operator in the USAFSS copying a CW station sending 35 groups a minute. I would drink a cup of coffee or smoke a cigarette with one hand, type with the other, soon my typing went to pot. Just so Jim doesn't jump all over me for being a smoker, I quit that habit in 1964, quit coffee in 1973. So no more smoking and no more drugs. I'm so clean I whistle while I walk. (Now thats a joke. ok?) Thank you for the A+.
Take care and C U around the campfire.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Jim,
I'm not real sure of what you have said in this post as some of it seems to contradict the rest of the post so guess I just don't quite follow. My lack of comprehension, I reckon.

But the part that troubles me the most is that you seem to be crediting Satan with what God has revealed to us several places in the scripture; that being that once we are saved, not to worry. ???? We certainly do not have any reason to worry about our salvation as that, according to 1st John 5:11-13 that nothing can take us from the Body of Christ. Absolutley nothing. I don't think any Christian worrys about commiting sin but most Christians are aware of the fact that to go thru life without sinning is not possible. That's why Christ came and gave his life for us.

So how can this be "lies twisting the truth of God and His Word which can lead to destruction and AGAIN serving Satan."

Please clear that up for me. I think I'm missing something but not sure what it is.

Bigbuck, One needs to go back to the origins of sin for man and this planet.
Satan continually twists and contradicts the Word of God.
Then and today.He tried it with Christ in the wilderness and failed.By His grace and power I will not be so deceived..ever again.Jim

PS , I am sorry that my attempts at communications with avowed brothers in Christ on this small forum have not been understood.

My prayer is that IN Christ, AND by His Holy Spirit and Word, He will enable me to do better.

Gen 1:34
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Well, that instant in time when they disobeyed God's commandment and prohibition, THEY DIED IN SIN.

Still happens today, for all the unlimited and unconditional grace talking among the churches.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you trying to tell us that Satan has decieved us concerning eternal salvation or what?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lady and gentlemen,

Forgive me if I missed it, but after reading all four pages of this thread and then not seeing it, this scripture came to mind as a compliment to Eph.2: 8 and 9, which I did see quoted. In Ephesians, the warning should be heeded. It is important to note that "Faith" is the "gift of God," and that "Grace" is the undeserved love that He showers on us (truly a gift in it's own right)for reasons He only can comprehend.

"Sola Fida" (as you know "by faith alone") "Sola Gratia" (Grace alone) and "Sola Scriptura" (by scripture alone) IS the accepted origin of faith to the Christian Church today...as it was to Christians during Jesus' day. These statements are derived from the Eph. 2: 8-9 passage and the one I alluded to and will now offer. Where faith comes from should be taught in a simple and easy to understand manner to all. This passage does it:

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17

Now we know that the Gospel of Christ offers faith!

It's very late and I must get up early. I hope this might have helped some...

Peace to all,

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh yea,

On the notion of "once saved, always saved"...if someone commits a sin, is convicted of it by the law...repents because of the Gospel...then they will be made righteous. However, if they commit another sin the next day and are not covinced by the law that they sinned, and did not repent of that sin then died...they would be lost. The notion that a sin might not be repented of (and then rewarded for it?) is foreign to me. Did I miss something?

Now I really must go to bed sleep

Peace to all...

best,
bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Are you trying to tell us that Satan has decieved us concerning eternal salvation or what?

2 Cor 13:3
Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

2Cr 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Cr 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

2Cr 13:7 � Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

2Cr 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

L
L
PS , I am sorry that my attempts at communications with avowed brothers in Christ on this small forum have not been understood.

Jim,
The reason it has not been understood is because your attempts at communications make no sense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

2 Cor 13:3
Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

2Cr 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Cr 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

2Cr 13:7 � Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

2Cr 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

HEY, JIM
Listen up, please.

Quoting the bible as you do does not answer a simple question.
Can't you just say YES or NO????

Most anybody can set down and copy the Word of God on a computer but WHAT DO YOU MEAN in your own words??

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Oh yea,

On the notion of "once saved, always saved"...if someone commits a sin, is convicted of it by the law...repents because of the Gospel...then they will be made righteous. However, if they commit another sin the next day and are not covinced by the law that they sinned, and did not repent of that sin then died...they would be lost. The notion that a sin might not be repented of (and then rewarded for it?) is foreign to me. Did I miss something?

Now I really must go to bed sleep

Peace to all...

best,
bhtr

Well, well,
Something new. I wasn't aware of the fact that we are convicted or convinced by the law. ??????????????????

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Certainly sin is NEVER rewarded, or at least not in a positive way. Sin is covered, blotted out, done away, forgiven, forgotten in the personal acceptance of Jesus Christ. It is not a temporary thing.

The mistake comes from failing to recognize what happens when a person is born again -- they become a son of the Father. It is a family relationship. You cannot be disowned -- you are a blood relative of God Almighty. When my children do wrong, I don't kill them and burn their bodies -- I discipline them, and try to teach them the right way to do things. God is no different. He disciplines his children.

As far as the law convicting a person, well I guess the law is our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, and the law defines sin, but it is the person and work of the Holy Ghost to reprove the world of sin. (John 16:8)

Anyway, this is one of the contensious issues that always gets the brethren riled up.

Bye!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

L
L
That was very well said and I agree with you all the way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am very red in the face for the dumb reply to Bear. I did not go far enough. The law has made us aware of what sin is but the convicting is done by the Holy Spirit.

Also that dying with an unconfessed sin does not send us to hell. There is no scripture to back what Bear said. Not in any of my bibles, anyway.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I believe we will not be sent to hell for an unconfessed sin. It is impossible for us as men to recgonize all that we fail to do in righteousness. However, we should be mindful, and repent when we recgonize sin. If we are aware of our transgressions, and have not repented then we fall under judgement. We must have faith that Grace will be sufficient to cover where we have fallen short.

My answer to the question a few pages ago is yes. (I know it wasn't directed at me, but I thought it was interesting)

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thanks, mrtc. If grace won't cover one sin, how will it ever cover the millions? Good point.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
have a great day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You tell 'em, Jim! tired

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,892
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.