Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Completely wasted’ Florida boat captain arrested after using drugs on trip, terrorizing passengers

[Linked Image]

JUN 05, 2019
A Florida charter boat captain has been arrested after drunkenly terrorizing his passengers for several hours, police said.

Mark Bailey, 36, was arrested Sunday for boating the “Double Marker” while intoxicated and resisting a law enforcement officer, the Sarasota Police Department said.

He took five passengers on the Sarasota Bay around 7 a.m. Saturday for a fishing trip, expected to last 12 hours.

“It would be nothing to pop a bullet in each one of us and dump our bodies overboard,” passenger Chris Giuffre Jr., 23, told Sarasota police of the captain’s threats.

“He also stated he has his buddies at the dock for us when we get back. He then proceeded to say he wanted to help to kill n-----s," Giuffre Jr. said. The passengers were white.

Shortly thereafter, Bailey allegedly shot a handgun several times from the upper deck at which point he was “drinking rum from the bottle" and frightening “the c--p” out of the passengers.

An arrest report provided to The News states Bailey is accused of refusing to return the passengers to shore.

Multiple passengers told the Sarasota Police Department that Bailey had consumed “an unknown number of beers while driving the boat.”

Giuffre Jr.'s father, Chris Giuffre, said Bailey “was more and more inebriated and high” whenever the passengers tried to talk to him. “We had no control and no way to get back. I believe he didn’t want to dock completely wasted, and was buying time.”

The boat arrived at the marina at 1 a.m., six hours behind schedule, according to NBC, and both Sarasota Police and the Coast Guard were already there.

Bailey allegedly used cocaine on the trip as well, and the arrest report confirms he had “watery bloodshot eyes and slurred speech at times ... [and] appeared unsteady on his feet."

The report states Bailey initially “refused” to take a breathalyzer or partake in “field sobriety exercises,” later agreeing to the former. Authorities did not confirm his blood alcohol level.

The Sarasota Police Department is only investigating the charge of boating while intoxicated, and told The News that the Coast Guard is handling the rest of the investigation.

Bailey also faces charges from last month for resisting an officer and charges of trespassing from September, according to records from the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

http://doublenickelcharters.com/index.cfm

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract..._Nickel_Charters-Siesta_Key_Florida.html

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Uh, Yep......and then taken over control of the vessel and returned to Port after calling in a MOB to the CG...... grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It's floriduh fun stuff happens everyday here .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dead as dead can be.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
now I know to bring a big bottle of rum to ply-befriend the skipper with next time I go on a charter boat fishing trip... grin

[and liquid valium to spike the rum if things really start getting out of hand]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
And no on the shooting , a good haymaker to the jaw and some heavy leader line - hogtie him stuff a sock in his mouth and tell the first mate to head to port .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That is just wild

Not sure I would have shot him but would have used his own dock lines to tie his azz up and head back to the dock
After we went fishing

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a hell of a fishing trip.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Only if his hog leg was pointed in my direction or someone else’s..

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like boatboy's solution.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is he a member here?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Is he a member here?

Nah...doesn't sound silly enough.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by viking

Yea,in which case blow him away. Otherwise,as soon as I was close enough to lay hands on him,it would be the beginning the worst hangover of his life.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He then proceeded to say he wanted to help to kill n-----s,"

Hmmmmm, tough call ,now.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt the situation would have ever escalated to anyone getting shot unless this Captain absolutely insisted on it if it would have been myself and a group of my friends on board.

I wouldn't have been held hostage until one o'clock in the morning either.

Any group of five men that in some form or another couldn't convince one drunk as to what was going to take place raises some questions to me.

I don't run with guys that are.....wussies...no thats to strong a term.....pussies..nah..... oh yeah....I don't run with guys that would be that passive in such a situation as to let one drunk rule over them.

I think the guests he had on board were a bunch of whimps and their version of the captains actions (which is all were hearing) might be a little skewed.

For some reason I have only read one version of this that even slightly mentioned the first mate that is always on board on these type of charters. I think the press has ran with what they could sensationalize the drama with the best and called it good.

His online reviews states that he sucks and his boat was often broke down, was the extended 6 hours due to a breakdown that he was to f'ed up to deal with?

Charters in his area are advertising $1250.00 for 8 hours, his being a 12 hour tour is also kinda odd.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's obviously not the owner of that boat. The owner may want to go a round or 2 with that pos. He could get his license pulled.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking

What he did constitutes kidnapping.

His arming himself and making threats to shoot everyone and toss them overboard, and then randomly firing a gun to make his point is more than enough to place anyone on board in fear for their life.

So, yes. I'd kill him without a second thought.

Some of you need to put the bark on before you find yourself in a bad situation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Is he a member here?

No it wasn't Toby! You guys are just mean!!

wink

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
He's obviously not the owner of that boat. The owner may want to go a round or 2 with that pos. He could get his license pulled.

I think he does own the boat, best I could make off what I've read is there is/was two boats charting under the name "Double Nickel" the Double Nickel vessel was captained by two x-Alaskan fishermen named Nick and Will, they got great reviews.
The Double Marker is listed as a new introduction to the company around the same time they also extended their operation to Costa Rica, thats when the companies reviews took a big dive. Not sure if "Nick and Will" took the Double Nickel to Costa Rica with them or left it in Florida...
The only name currently attached to the website is this Mark Bailey dink....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.