Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Doug,

You may have gotten about all you need in the way of "constructive criticism" which you ask for. It is getting too crazy now. The nasty kids can't find another thread to be nasty in, so yes, Hopefully Leupold will ignore just the stupid posts on this thread and not the whole thread. I will agree with a few others, shutting it down would be a good idea. RJ

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Trolls are out after dark.

I’d trade this batch for the old days, back when Bricktop was working on that master troll, Larry Root. At least that had some entertainment value.

DF

Right there with ya.

Do not forget about Safariman.

Those were the days.

Back then no one could have projected forward in time where they would actually be missed.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rj308
Doug,

You may have gotten about all you need in the way of "constructive criticism" which you ask for. It is getting too crazy now. The nasty kids can't find another thread to be nasty in, so yes, Hopefully Leupold will ignore just the stupid posts on this thread and not the whole thread. I will agree with a few others, shutting it down would be a good idea. RJ

Yes. I would like to thank everyone (well almost everyone) who participated in this thread. I hope that it will accomplish it's original goal.

If I had the power to close the thread at this time I would, however, only Rick has that ability.

I hope to start another thread shortly stating what the outcome of my discussions with Leupold are. Thanks again

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Doug,

Yes. I would like to thank everyone (well almost everyone) who participated in this thread. I hope that it will accomplish it's original goal.

If I had the power to close the thread at this time I would, however, only Rick has that ability.

I hope to start another thread shortly stating what the outcome of my discussions with Leupold are. Thanks again

Thanks Doug, I'm not holding my breath that Leupold will retain any of the feedback you bring them.
My experiences with Leupold's were great through the earlier years. But all the good ones were from the 70's through the early 90's.
Anything purchased after that has not been as satisfying, nor as precise nor successful in getting to, or returning to zero.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doug,

some people are still thankful for you trying to do something

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Doug,

Absolutely.

We appreciate all that you do, Doug.

I hope when the Leupold people read this thread, they understand that this optics thread, for some reason, seems to be a magnet for trolls and getting into the weeds. BUT, there is good stuff here and one has to resist being distracted by the frivolous from core content.

Someone mentioned they should look at the old Weaver Micro Track system. Their glass wasn't the best, in fact not as good as some entry level Chinese glass, but those scopes tracked very well. I don't see why Leupold can't make a more robust tracking system in an otherwise great scope.

DF

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes Doug, some of us really appreciate what you are doing. The outcome is certainly out of our hands but I support you nevertheless. Also thanks for bringing some good optics buys to the table. Happy Trails, Steve

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WAM
Yes Doug, some of us really appreciate what you are doing. The outcome is certainly out of our hands but I support you nevertheless. Also thanks for bringing some good optics buys to the table. Happy Trails, Steve

Thanks for the kind words Steve, I appreciate it.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug.
Thank you for the effort.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IceCut
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Quick Karl, IceCut, Llama Bob......are these all the same dolts in disguise?

Ole Larry Root was more entertaining...

DF

Hmmm, Mr. Dirtbag....I mean, Dirtfarmer....you sound like a butt-hurt WANNABE SNIPER....allow me to educate you: Here in Alaska we are blessed with many Army/Air Force, etc. military bases. There are thousands of active duty and recently retired troops up here that moved from all over the USA. Quite a few, are....work with me now....REAL SNIPERS fresh from Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. We shoot with them....not dirtbag wannabes......

Now, do a little bit of research and get yourself a REAL SCOPE!

[Linked Image]

Doug,

Leupold would have had to spend some research dollars to get a few of the honest comments posted here - tell them to take it off of your bill. smile
Thanks for taking the time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Doug,

Hell yes. Ive never bought from Doug, but i think i will in the near future.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Best prices and best customer advocate you're likely to find, if there's an issue with the product.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Best prices and best customer advocate you're likely to find, if there's an issue with the product.

Yep.

Sometimes he can get their attention when we can’t.

AND, he’ll go to bat for his customers!

DF

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Doug HAS gone to bat for me as a customer, and that is a clear differentiator when I choose where to buy my optics. Having him start the conversation with a company made things seemingly go much smoother. At the end of the day I was very happy with both CLNY and with the optics company. Leupold would be wise to at least listen.

Last edited by prm; 06/06/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doug, as a way of saying thanks, I'll prune out all of the constructive posts and post them as a stand alone post. If you think Leupold would benefit from it, I will do it.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Doug, as a way of saying thanks, I'll prune out all of the constructive posts and post them as a stand alone post. If you think Leupold would benefit from it, I will do it.

Paul,

You gonna lose the ambience of the Fire, especially the optics forum.

How can someone eat a chicken wing after the bones have been removed... blush

laugh

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I appreciate it, however, I do know they've been reading this thread and I'm sure they've "filtered" the worthwhile from the "extra added attractions" smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MLGA, make leupold great again.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This...Great people to deal with.

Originally Posted by smokepole

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What to do, what to do. I will be taking my 338-06 to NE BC next year for goat, moose and elk and it currently wears a bought new well used 1994 vintage Vari-X III 2.5-8X. I recently acquired a 2-10X VX5-HD that I planned on mounting and taking on the hunt...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,202
Posts18,485,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.