Hop To
Page 20 of 31 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 30 31
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
"Let's work together with and on Leupold "

If Doug can get Leupold to listen, I'd like to know what he eats for breakfast! Thanks for trying just the same.

Please excuse my skepticism and negativity. It's more directed at Leupold. I'm sure if you ask them, they are all that. You'd hear all about numbers and market share, new lines, profit margins, features.

But if you ask people that use their products, they fail. I'm one of those guys. What matters most to me, Leupolds opinion of themselves, or my experience with their products? Too big for their britches IMO.

If they know and do nothing, that’s arrogance.

If they don’t know, and don’t know that they don’t know, they’re deceived.

Both bad.

Not too unlike a “12 step” program. #1 is admitting you have a problem.

Gotta pass by #1 before moving on to a solution.

No #1, no solution.

We’ll see.

DF

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just out of curiosity, who has run the VX-Freedom through it's paces? Is it an improvement?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Just out of curiosity, who has run the VX-Freedom through it's paces? Is it an improvement?

Don't think any here were brave enough to buy one.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

Cowboy Tim,

Asking the anti-Leupold clique here about a VX-Freedom scope is like asking AOC what she thinks of Trump. Group think and "butt hurt" feelings run deep in this crowd. Objectivity is not happening. I wonder if some of these guys are shills for competing optics companies....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IceCut

Cowboy Tim,

Asking the anti-Leupold clique here about a VX-Freedom scope is like asking AOC what she thinks of Trump. Group think and "butt hurt" feelings run deep in this crowd. Objectivity is not happening. I wonder if some of these guys are shills for competing optics companies....

They are right, you are a friggin idiot..... I love and hate Leupolds for all the reasons mentioned..... group think ... you fuggin moron

IC B2

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Quick Karl, IceCut, Llama Bob......are these all the same dolts in disguise?

Ole Larry Root was more entertaining...

DF

Hmmm, Mr. Dirtbag....I mean, Dirtfarmer....you sound like a butt-hurt WANNABE SNIPER....allow me to educate you: Here in Alaska we are blessed with many Army/Air Force, etc. military bases. There are thousands of active duty and recently retired troops up here that moved from all over the USA. Quite a few, are....work with me now....REAL SNIPERS fresh from Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. We shoot with them....not dirtbag wannabes......

Now, do a little bit of research and get yourself a REAL SCOPE!

You have made a comment twice that I have seen, or at least that I have heard before... I am trying to figure out whether you were the lying POS blowhard that I heard say it or the schlong-sucking sycophant holding onto her every word.

Are you the 5'6" one or the tallish, fat one that could not get out of her own way?

You are FOS on the numbers of real snipers, here or anywhere. And in point of fact, they have enough discipline to run from nothing, except losers like you and the "other one."

Funniest thing was seeing them pulling the same Mutt and Jeff routine in two different establishments.

Hmm...just because you bought a Sitka beanie in Amazon does not make you an Alaskan. Of course, you don't know any snipers up here. They only open up to people WHO CAN SHOOT........I wonder if they let you through the gate at Ft. Rich or Elmendorf....you probably don't even know where that is.....

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by irfubar

Cowboy Tim,

They are right, you are a friggin idiot..... I love and hate Leupolds for all the reasons mentioned..... group think ... you fuggin moron

Tell us what you love about them....(but, if you are going to keep membership in the "wannabe butt hurt sniper clique" you must not forget the negatives)......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Quick Karl, IceCut, Llama Bob......are these all the same dolts in disguise?

Ole Larry Root was more entertaining...

DF

Hmmm, Mr. Dirtbag....I mean, Dirtfarmer....you sound like a butt-hurt WANNABE SNIPER....allow me to educate you: Here in Alaska we are blessed with many Army/Air Force, etc. military bases. There are thousands of active duty and recently retired troops up here that moved from all over the USA. Quite a few, are....work with me now....REAL SNIPERS fresh from Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. We shoot with them....not dirtbag wannabes......

Now, do a little bit of research and get yourself a REAL SCOPE!

You have made a comment twice that I have seen, or at least that I have heard before... I am trying to figure out whether you were the lying POS blowhard that I heard say it or the schlong-sucking sycophant holding onto her every word.

Are you the 5'6" one or the tallish, fat one that could not get out of her own way?

You are FOS on the numbers of real snipers, here or anywhere. And in point of fact, they have enough discipline to run from nothing, except losers like you and the "other one."

Funniest thing was seeing them pulling the same Mutt and Jeff routine in two different establishments.

Hmm...just because you bought a Sitka beanie in Amazon does not make you an Alaskan. Of course, you don't know any snipers up here. They only open up to people WHO CAN SHOOT........I wonder if they let you through the gate at Ft. Rich or Elmendorf....you probably don't even know where that is.....

Fuggin moron, you can call Sitka a lot of things but he is Alaskan through & through..... good or bad... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cowboy Tim,

Tell us what you love about them....(but, if you are going to keep membership in the "wannabe butt hurt sniper clique" you must not forget the negatives)......

This you fuggin moron....
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok IceCut, put up or shut up.... post pic's

Or are you all mouth?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The things I HATE about Leupold have been expressed here over & over and my experience concurs.......

It takes me many Leupolds to find one I trust

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one I trust... it is probably 30 yrs old and is almost yellow when you look through it. 7.5 lb 338 mag.

Set and forget is all they are good for.... and even then it takes several to find a good one...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cricket's.....

IceCut is just another internet wanna be hard azz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Tracking, return to zero, failure to hold zero, inconsistent turret value, loose internal parts etc...

These are my personal experiences .

Same goes for me.

This about sums it up

Other scope manufacturers left Leupold behind in these aspects

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Tracking, return to zero, failure to hold zero, inconsistent turret value, loose internal parts etc...

These are my personal experiences .

Same goes for me.

This about sums it up

Other scope manufacturers left Leupold behind in these aspects

Including Tasco... hahaha I have a Vortex cossfire I got on sale for about $99 that out performs most Leupolds in the tracking dept.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Don't think any here were brave enough to buy one.....

Then how do we know they haven't already taken steps to address the tracking problems?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't. For my part, with little need for another scope just now, and other choices, what's my motivation for taking an expensive chance on one? Certainly I'm not going to do it for their benefit. When I took a chance on a Tract early on, Jon promised to take it back if I wasn't happy with it. He had something to prove, as does Leupold at this point, IMO. Honestly, I'm just gonna ride out the ones I have, and look elsewhere when I need new ones because I don't want the aggravation of dealing with CS.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This one I trust... it is probably 30 yrs old and is almost yellow when you look through it. 7.5 lb 338 mag.

Set and forget is all they are good for.... and even then it takes several to find a good one...

[Linked Image]

Very nice rifle buddy. I don't know which one you got there. But, you don't know how many M8 4x's I've given away. A lot of the pre 64's and a CZ 550 9.3x62mm that I bought, came with that particular scope. Those old timers knew they were good, I guess...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hmmm....do you shoot sticks? Bipod? Ranging devices? Can you read wind? Or, better yet, when was the last time you shot standing using a sling and no stick? When was the last time you shot sitting with no crutch? When was the last time you shot prone without bags or bipod?

I see it at my range all the time. The young guys are pretty [bleep] marksmen without their crutches.....

Maybe, you forgot the primary building blocks of marksmanship.....no offense.....

You go to a range?

Why not just stand up next to an oak tree? Or lean over the hood of your 1973 F100?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Leupold has nothing to prove imo. Their “market” is clear. Just like NF and SWFA clearly hit their market and have nothing to prove to “set and forget” folks that complain about the weight or exposed turrets.

I hope swfa takes another swing at their lightweight variable.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 20 of 31 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.