-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have two nurse practitioners and both are hot as a firecracker.

I let one of em check my prostate twice in a month. (She insisted) talk about Touched by an Angel
Oh well, better than kareem abdul jabar eek

The other one gives me 60 xanax a month.

👍👍

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
It would appear that there is a bit of animosity out there about the state of medicine in the US. As in most things it would seem that most of the negativity stems from persons that embrace negative thinking. Our country sets the standard for quality medical care and people, to include the mega-rich and world leaders,travel to the US for their medical needs.

The system that we have is under assault by the problems endemic to a society that has chosen to embrace mediocrity and inclusion and fears elitism outside of the sports and entertainment worlds. A huge spike in the numbers of persons seeking health care that have no means of paying has diluted the ability of the productive to access quality care. Congress has caused the costs of medicine to spiral upwards by refusing to address tort reform and allowing insurance companies to compete on a national level and has imposed a massive bureaucracy which has crippled the ability of practitioners to actually treat patients.

My wife has, since December, twice undergone hospitalization for total knee replacements. The entire spectrum of care, from advanced imaging to surgery, in hospital care and post op rehab was excellent and the results exceeded all expectations. In most countries in the world she would have been told to limit her activities and given pain meds due to her age. Last week she completed a 5 mile hike in the Absarokas, only in America
do average people have access to this level of care.

I earned a good living working as a medic, EMT, Paramedic and PA from 1966 through 1994 and saw the present system being created from the inside. In that time the population has doubled and the system is stressed to the breaking point and will continue to deteriorate until the number of non-paying users is drastically reduced.

Overpopulation improves nothing and is aggravated by the attitude that all deserve the same level of privilege.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Animosity? Hell yeah!
UPMC has created an insurance/hospital monopoly here.
First the hospitals, than insurance.
The Blue Cross company bought a Pittsburgh hospital, UPMC then
refused to honor work with Blue Cross. Even they were the first to work both businesses.

So now here in the sticks, Upmc owns the hospital, and Blue cross is soon not going to be accepted.
They have also strong armed the Docs. Sell your practice and join UPMC, or you lose hospital privileges.

y

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are right.

Enough.

It's Texas' fault you can't get a job that pays you what you think you are worth.

It's Texas' fault that they don't have medicaid programs that fit your profile.

Got it. You can't be more clear than that.

Texas is the cause for your health issues, ruination, and nastiness.

Enough Already. PLEASE.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
we all know about doctors, md types. they've gone to medical school and done internships, etc.

but the world is changing. not talking about barefoot doctors in china.

here in America there's nurses, RN's, etc.

what about physicians assistants?

what about nurse practitioners?

what are the dividing lines?

what about salaries?

required trng?

In general:

An new RN now generally has a BSN (bach of sci nrsg), maybe a Masters, can even have a PhD. There are well-paying jobs.
Guessing here $40-80k+/yr depending. Acts on phys orders unless in capacity of admin.

A nurse practitioner is an RN who goes on advanced training in “general practice” might have a Master degree. Could have a PhD. They are often called ARNP and are in many specialties. Many have at least an MS and more and more, a PhD or other terminal degree. Some of these like nurse anesthesia are at about the top of the anticipated income pyramid; ie, $150k -300/annum depending. Many states give them prescriptive authority and they can practice autonomously. Can also work under a physic.

A Phys Assist does roughly the same, or can, as the above but is more limited in the spheres they can work (ie, cannot do anesthesia for one thing); becomes a PA-C — physician assistant - certified. Surgeons, particularly orthopods, use these in the OR and in the clinic. Can work under a physic or autonomously with physic as back-up.

MD’s and DO’s are physicians and depending upon specialty and post-grad training earn varying incomes from $150k to much higher.

Health care is becoming more and more dependent on “extenders” or nurse practitioners or phys assist’s as a matter of logistics and economy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
QK,
With all you post about Texas sucking,
And you can't find a job,
And you can't get medical treatment,
And Colorado is begging for your skills?

F---king move!

That's 4 birds with one move.
Unless you are stoned.

Wait,
You can get legally stoned in Colorado!

5 birds!, with one stoner!

I'm on a roll! grin

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

I am sorry to hear all this KW, it is hard to believe that America is behind every other advanced country in the world on healthcare, and every time I hear that Texas is the 10th largest economy on the planet, and then look around me, I'm wondering where all the high-paying jobs are. I guess at 61 and a target on my back, I should go back to school and learn to code or become an RN...

NO, I'm not a liberal.

You just like to act like one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
A lot of pollyanna nursing students aspire to work in neonatal. Yeah....whatever.

Then they find themselves wiping asses on New Year's Eve as a cna.

LMFAO.

So true.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

When I go to bed tonight I am going to pray to God that you wind up in my shoes.

Oooh, so now cancer boy sob story gets to wish cancer on people.

Oh boy wittle cancer boy. He need help. He need friends. He need to live with his wittle aunty until he get back on his wittle feet.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Everyone says that when they are losing an argument, or they resort to adolescent name-calling...

I don't give two fugks what you're arguing about.

You're a cry-baby kghunt.

End of discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you see an NP or a PA, is 'doctor' the correct title to give them? They're not full fledged doctors but what else would you call them?

Yes, they are a full-fledged doctor, just not “one of medicine”. If a PhD, it is an academic degree as opposed to the MD’s, JD’s, DO’s which are all professional degrees. a PhD can be every bit and more demanding that any of the prof degrees.

Depends on you degree of familiarity and comfort you decide, but if their name tag says “Dave Toering, CRNA MS PhD you are speaking to your nurse anesthetist who is an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner and a Certified Registered NurseAnesthetist (CRNA) who holds a Masters and a Doctorate of Philosophy.

It would be appropriate in medicine with anyone who becomes your care-giver, to ask him the focus of his doctorate if he has one.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
https://www.mdanderson.org/about-md...h-policy/uncompensated-care-program.html

Uncompensated Care

A financial assistance program provides coverage for MD Anderson care to cancer patients who meet residency and financial eligibility requirements.

Additionally, the institution participates in the Texas Medicaid Program that provides state and federal support for certain low-income people. <--- That means single women with children.

The care MD Anderson provides to these patients is referred to as uncompensated care.

Care Culture

MD Anderson has a long tradition of providing care for low-income residents of Texas.

For 'indigant' folks that are living on the street and earn less than $400 a month and, I do not live in Houston. I haven't been sitting here hittin the bong for 5-years watching cartoons.

I want WORK that will pay a man a dignified wage so he can pay for his own radiation, or actually SAVE enough to move. Paradoxically, Colorado, a liberal State, has TONS of work in my field, AND Medicaid Expansion.

Enough already - PLEASE.

So move very simple . Especially as you're all independently wealthy and all as you stated in the past .

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can't afford to move. Waaaah, wahhhh.

Roger, they're all being mean to me. I have cancer.

Waaaah, waaaaah.

LMAO.

What a broke dick fugkin' loser.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I do not know of any other State in the Country that would actually tell a person to move to a neighbor State and let them help you (Doctors actually say this because they know you hit a brick wall here) - and in fact, the neighbor States WILL help you if you can get there! Or, actually advise you obliquely, to LIE about your residence and financial status so that some Corporation will help - but you do NOT want to get caught defrauding any system of charity in Texas because you will wind up in Huntsville, and I do not LIKE the people there - aside from the fact that it is wrong to do.

If you do not like my opinion, sorry. If my opinion changes some minds - fantastic!

Cain to God: Am I my brother's keeper?
God to Cain: You're God damned right you are, and if you don't do it, LIBERALS will use it to beat you.

No disrespect to God, just making a point.

Stop hating me and just stop reading my posts. Probably best if you just put me on ignore to maintain healthy blood pressure? You are not going to change my opinions and you are not going to shut me up.

And I really am trying to be polite - sincerely. Unless maybe next time a user asks for my thoughts, I check with you first and say what you want me to say? That isn't going to happen...

Fight me with ideas, not hate.

Here's a crazy notion that obviously bypassed your head for sixty-one-fugking-years...

Affluent area? Good schools. Good medical care.

Schit hole? Bad schools. Bad medical care.

You're welcome,
'Flave the Magnificent

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.