Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
All that though independently wealthy deal, been sick then ,broke then can't move ,can't help myself what's the next needing donations just like Safari man

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

Stop hating me and just stop reading my posts. Probably best if you just put me on ignore to maintain healthy blood pressure? You are not going to change my opinions and you are not going to shut me up.

And I really am trying to be polite - sincerely. Unless maybe next time a user asks for my thoughts, I check with you first and say what you want me to say? That isn't going to happen...

Fight me with ideas, not hate.

You are the one that ran in here a couple weeks ago, filled with hate, name calling, and flung poo all over the walls.

I simply posted a link I thought may help. But, as usual, your nastiness prevails. Please excuse me for posting that. I'm sorry you found it so worthless and insulting.

I agree. Perhaps we should just ignore one another. But you can damned sure expect to hear back if you start trashing everyone living in Texas as White Supremacists, wetback employers, dirt bags,and any number of the nasty things you seem bent on disparaging our state with.

Any of you Texass White Supremacist dirt-bags watching the program about Sam Houston - "The Cherokee lover" - on PBS tonight?

You are simple enough to ignore. But you start kicking, you'll damned sure get kicked back.

I'm sorry for your situation, but neither I, nor Texas caused it. You are just a small, petty, pathetic little shell of a man that is bent on being condescending and bitter in a vain attempt to make yourself feel better.

Perhaps you ought to read what Roger posted in Read This thread... Especially this part:

2. You Must Take Responsibility For Your Problems

Blaming the world for our problems is the easy way out. It’s tempting and it can even be satisfying. We’re the victims and we get to be all emo and indignant at all of the terrible injustices that have been inflicted upon us. We wallow in our imagined victimhood so as to make ourselves feel unique and special in ways in which we never got to feel unique and special anywhere else.

But our problems are not unique. And we are not special.

The beauty of accepting the imperfection of your own knowledge is that you can no longer be certain that you’re not to blame for your own problems. Are you really late because of traffic? Or could you have left earlier? Is your ex really a selfish [bleep]? Or were you manipulative and overly demanding towards him? Is it really the incompetence of your manager that lost you your promotion? Or was there something more you could have done?

The truth is usually somewhere around “both,” — although it varies from situation to situation. But the point is that you can only fix your own imperfections and not the imperfections of others. So you may as well get to work on them.

Sure, [bleep] happens. It’s not your fault a drunk driver hit you and you lost your leg to a botched surgery. But it’s your responsibility to recover from that loss, both physically and emotionally. So get recovering.

Blaming others for the problems in your life may give you a smidgen of short-term relief, but ultimately it implies something entirely insidious: that you are incapable of controlling your own fate. And that’s the most depressing assumption of all to live with.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I read something about Sam Houston that I did not know previously - he changed political parties whenever it suited his needs.

You just convinced me to do the same thing.

Sounds like you'll be dead soon anyway.

They always vote democrat.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I read something about Sam Houston that I did not know previously - he changed political parties whenever it suited his needs.

As opposed to how your said you were gonna vote over 3 weeks ago?

Progressives: Donald Trump Will Lose in 2020 Because of Slow Wage Growth

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2...ose-in-2020-because-of-slow-wage-growth/

Read it and weep - I voted for Trump, I will vote for him again, but this is where the democrats will get him - and I will vote straight democrat on any Texass ballot - just because I can.

Again... I'm the person making you vote that way.

Got it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
3-weeks ago I was saying that just to enrage you.

The very definition of a troll.

Congrats.

Do what it takes to survive though. I wish you the best. Hope you beat the cancer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I see my PA every six months for a consult and papers for blood work. She is excellent, caring and truly wants me healthy and does not shy away from what I need to do to remain so. I could not ask for a better person. I have not seen my doctor in six years.

That's how we roll, now. We decided to go "undoctored", as most modern medicine seems to be focused on treating symptoms as opposed to promoting good health.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Whatever makes you happy, fellow American...

PS. I put your very Christian adult friend, deflake, on ignore. See how easy that works?

If you wonder why I tried to keep my personal problems to myself before you decided to distribute them, now you know.

BWWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Took a page straight out of JeffO's book.

TFF.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I hope that Trump wins, but I'm not sure it will be as easy as folks might hope - and if the democrats win, say bye bye... Eventually, they are GOING to win anyway, because the POOR will vote for them.

But the truth is, since the first heath care debate, and the incessant betrayals of republicans in and out of congress - democrats might as well have it, as long as they keep me ALIVE.
[/color]
Lastly, YES - attitudes like YOURS, ARE making me consider my options. 100% so!

And as I've said a thousand times, if I COULD move to Colorado, I would NOT just sit here to argue with you. Whatever the reasons holding me here are none of your business.

Truly sorry to hear of your health issues, but, as I'm sure most others here have as well, over the years I've known many who suffered and dealt with cancers of one kind or another and many that died from cancers, including my own mother, some were in good shape financially and insurance wise and some weren't, but of them all, I honestly can't recall even a single one of them that ever came anywhere close to as self pitying, bitter and blaming as you come off in your posts.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
QK, Everyone is interested in you. How you vote and the state of your health are a paramount concern of all. Please continue to keep all informed w/ your inimitable command of the language and lucid opinions on all things Texan.

Thank you

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
-

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

Sounds like you'll be dead soon anyway.

They always vote democrat.

Carl,

G F Y Haha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I hope that Trump wins, but I'm not sure it will be as easy as folks might hope - and if the democrats win, say bye bye... Eventually, they are GOING to win anyway, because the POOR will vote for them.

But the truth is, since the first heath care debate, and the incessant betrayals of republicans in and out of congress - democrats might as well have it, as long as they keep me ALIVE.

Lastly, YES - attitudes like YOURS, ARE making me consider my options. 100% so!

And as I've said a thousand times, if I COULD move to Colorado, I would NOT just sit here to argue with you. Whatever the reasons holding me here are none of your business.

You sound like an adolescent female.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
QK, Everyone is interested in you. How you vote and the state of your health are a paramount concern of all. Please continue to keep all informed w/ your inimitable command of the language and lucid opinions on all things Texan.

Thank you

mike r

This from a guy endorsing Rule by The Elite and to hell with anyone that disagrees dogma of Ayn Rand - the very same dogma the Democrats embrace! I will try to use simpler words in the future!

There is no way that you could appear more simple, please don't take that as a challenge.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

In general:

An new RN now generally has a BSN (bach of sci nrsg), maybe a Masters, can even have a PhD. There are well-paying jobs.
Guessing here $40-80k+/yr depending. Acts on phys orders unless in capacity of admin.

A nurse practitioner is an RN who goes on advanced training in “general practice” might have a Master degree. Could have a PhD. They are often called ARNP and are in many specialties. Many have at least an MS and more and more, a PhD or other terminal degree. Some of these like nurse anesthesia are at about the top of the anticipated income pyramid; ie, $150k -300/annum depending. Many states give them prescriptive authority and they can practice autonomously. Can also work under a physic.

A Phys Assist does roughly the same, or can, as the above but is more limited in the spheres they can work (ie, cannot do anesthesia for one thing); becomes a PA-C — physician assistant - certified. Surgeons, particularly orthopods, use these in the OR and in the clinic. Can work under a physic or autonomously with physic as back-up.

MD’s and DO’s are physicians and depending upon specialty and post-grad training earn varying incomes from $150k to much higher.

Health care is becoming more and more dependent on “extenders” or nurse practitioners or phys assist’s as a matter of logistics and economy.

Pretty much what I've seen. We use ANP's and PA's (grouped together as APP's, Advanced Practice Providers) in every ER I work in these days, and we couldn't get by without 'em. Their scope of practice is limited, and rightly so, but as Kevin pointed out previously, a specialty APP will know more about that specialty field than most MD's who aren't in that field, so their value to you as a patient can be really high.

I have steered a couple of young people away from medical school in recent years, advising them to get their bachelor's degree in nursing, then get an advanced degree as a nurse-anesthetist or ANP as a more cost-effective alternative. Most young docs I talk to these days graduate with more than $300K in student loan debt, which will take decades to pay off at current pay rates. Doctor salaries aren't what they used to be (compared to other professions) as corporate medicine becomes the norm and MBA's make most of the decisions.

I have a graph that I show to people who complain about "the high cost of doctors" which shows the growth in total health care costs compared to the costs of doctors' fees and to the costs of administrators salaries. Administrators have skyrocketed in numbers and in salaries in the past 20 years, doctors have been almost stagnant in both areas. The reason health care costs so much today is that people who do nothing to deliver healthcare are taking over the system.

This is why 60 cents or more out of every health care dollar spent goes to administrative and regulatory costs. Bureaucracy.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket

This is why 60 cents or more out of every health care dollar spent goes to administrative and regulatory costs. Bureaucracy.

A lot of truth there - much of the regulatory costs and bureaucracy was driven by the Affordable Care Act. My wife had a BSN and worked as a RN before going back to get her MSN, Informatics. Basically they interpret government regulations and keep the hospital in compliance with the ACA and Medicare. It's a very fast growing and in-demand medical field.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by DocRocket

A lot of truth there - much of the regulatory costs and bureaucracy was driven by the Affordable Care Act. My wife had a BSN and worked as a RN before going back to get her MSN, Informatics. Basically they interpret government regulations and keep the hospital in compliance with the ACA and Medicare. It's a very fast growing and in-demand medical field.

i know of state run universities in the "poor, rural South" that charge 70 percent overhead costs for their contract work.

keeping up with federal regulations to make sure one doesn't go astray ain't cheap.

usually there's more lawyers involved than mba's.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.