Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JamesJr
In any war, the winners get to write the history and the losers are always the ones that come out on the short end of the stick. WW2 was no different. There is not doubt whatsoever that the Germans committed numerous atrocities.....but so did the Soviets, probably more than the Germans. The Japanese were no slouches in the atrocity department either. Also, the Allied bombing campaigns killed untold numbers of innocent civilians, most as a result of bombing that had no strategic value, so I don't see how they can get off scott free either.

It's simple, in a war, people die, many of them unnecessarily. It's always been that way, always will.

You might want to google the word strategic.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rem141r
and don't forget about klink, schultz, burkholter and hochstetter

That's where you got your WWII education, eh? LOL. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rem141r
and don't forget about klink, schultz, burkholter and hochstetter

That's where you got your WWII education, eh? LOL. grin

All four of those guys were Jewish.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Having been to Dachau and seeing the place up close I have little patience for the bullshit spewed by the revisionist retards. I also watched an interesting documentary on Ben Ferencz one of the prosecutors during the Nuremberg trials last night.

I don't know.........I heard that the whole Jew thing never happened......It was a story told just so the Jews could get a little sympathy........ wink

I worked with a guy that actually believed this.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn’t say that FDR or Churchill thought of the Soviets as our “beloved” allies, more like necessary allies. 😉

A necessary Evil.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
In any war, the winners get to write the history and the losers are always the ones that come out on the short end of the stick. WW2 was no different. There is not doubt whatsoever that the Germans committed numerous atrocities.....but so did the Soviets, probably more than the Germans. The Japanese were no slouches in the atrocity department either. Also, the Allied bombing campaigns killed untold numbers of innocent civilians, most as a result of bombing that had no strategic value, so I don't see how they can get off scott free either.

It's simple, in a war, people die, many of them unnecessarily. It's always been that way, always will.

You might want to google the word strategic.

The fact still remains that many of the German and Japanese cities that were bombed had no strategic value. They were bombed to send a message to the citizens of those countries. Now, while most Japanese did whatever the Emperor said to do, most Germans did not belong to the Nazi party, yet were considered as "fair game" in the Allied bombing campaigns.

It all boils down to one thing.....you do whatever you have to do in order to win a war. That's what we did in WW2, and we won. We did not do that in Korea and Vietnam, and we did not win. We settled for a draw in Korea, and for a pullout of South Vietnam. We also have not won in Afghanistan or Iraq, as we're still there.

My point is that if you want to win a war, you eliminate whoever gets in your way, as both the Axis and the Allies did in WW2. We justified our actions in bombing civilians who had no part in the fighting process, and we hanged the Nazis for doing the same. Meanwhile, the damned Soviets got off scott free, and they were worse than the Germans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Having been to Dachau and seeing the place up close I have little patience for the bullshit spewed by the revisionist retards. I also watched an interesting documentary on Ben Ferencz one of the prosecutors during the Nuremberg trials last night.

I don't know.........I heard that the whole Jew thing never happened......It was a story told just so the Jews could get a little sympathy........ wink

I worked with a guy that actually believed this.

Isn't it amazing how Eisenhower foresaw this.
It's why he commanded that every possible American serviceman who could,
be sent to the camps to witness what was there.

The number of witnesses and the huge number or photographers is what gives the
story credibility. If only a few hundred saw it, and the photo's were all taken by
Official photographers, the Kookspiricy's would have an easier time convincing people.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As an aside, YouTube's new algorithms are having an unforeseen consequence (i.e., the new algorithms broke YouTube). History teachers in high schools across the country are now unable to find the materials on Nazi German history that they had been accustomed to showing their classes, since the new AI algorithms have inadvertently caused them to be deleted from the service.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The fact still remains that many of the German and Japanese cities that were bombed had no strategic value. They were bombed to send a message to the citizens of those countries. Now, while most Japanese did whatever the Emperor said to do, most Germans did not belong to the Nazi party, yet were considered as "fair game" in the Allied bombing campaigns.

It all boils down to one thing.....you do whatever you have to do in order to win a war. That's what we did in WW2, and we won. We did not do that in Korea and Vietnam, and we did not win. We settled for a draw in Korea, and for a pullout of South Vietnam. We also have not won in Afghanistan or Iraq, as we're still there.

My point is that if you want to win a war, you eliminate whoever gets in your way, as both the Axis and the Allies did in WW2. We justified our actions in bombing civilians who had no part in the fighting process, and we hanged the Nazis for doing the same. Meanwhile, the damned Soviets got off scott free, and they were worse than the Germans.

Ok. But you might want to google the word strategic before you use it again.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the name of this series Auschwitz?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
WW II in and of itself pretty stupid. It began as a war of Britain and France against a dictatorial regime that invaded an ally while ignoring that another dictatorial regime invaded that same ally at the same time. After six years of war and somewhere between 50 and a 100 million deaths, they willingly ceded the entirety of their “ally’s” territory to the most murderous dictator in history.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
WW II in and of itself pretty stupid. It began as a war of Britain and France against a dictatorial regime that invaded an ally while ignoring that another dictatorial regime invaded that same ally at the same time. After six years of war and somewhere between 50 and a 100 million deaths, they willingly ceded the entirety of their “ally’s” territory to the most murderous dictator in history.

Spot on.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
excellent multipart series on the nazi extermination groups operating in russia and central europe.
einsatsgroupen if i spelled it right.
It pretty much spells it out with photo footage a lot of what happen.
My person opinion is they knew about 3000 of the commanders/members of these groups, only about 200 were tried.
I would have hung them all.

Their purpose was to capture and summarily execute Soviet agents in advance of occupation. They used the locals to help identify them, who were generally more than happy to do so, having been living under their despotic yoke for years.

Yes, it was ruthless. War sucks. Summary execution of enemy partizans has historically been a part of war, however.

And I'm sure that during the process, war crimes were carried out, and innocents were murdered. Happened on all sides, and in every war. Our side had such incidents during the Vietnam War. WWII, also, and likely every other war we were involved in. Such crimes were standard operating procedure for the Soviets during WWII, and they were our beloved allies.

At least they all had enough common sense probably not to come outside in the streets and watch firefights like a spectator sport like dumbass ragheads do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek
excellent multipart series on the nazi extermination groups operating in russia and central europe.
My person opinion is they knew about 3000 of the commanders/members of these groups, only about 200 were tried.

Come now, didn't you hear wonderful speech the "Golden Gal" made at the 75th anniversary of D-Day landing. She said that thanks to those brave men that landed on the French beaches the Germans were freed from the enigmatic almost mythical Nazis that ruled over the poor Germans since ca. 1933? I bet the Western Leadership bought that BS and applauded wildly. Would you care to guess what percentage of Germans chose to vote for the NSDAP in 1933 democratic elections? You know, it's only when the bombs started falling on Germany en mass they started to loose faith and support for previously "wonderful" Fuhrer.

Sounds like you should have fought harder, but I guess you enjoyed it, because right after them came the communists who obviously had an effect on you...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Spot on.

Yeah, we should have nipped all of this in the ass in the 20s, but back then we had LOTS more people like you (and RP) that wanted to just mind our own business.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Eistgroupen? Death squads.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The most detrimental action of modern times is FDR's decision to enable Stalin to spread Communism around the world. The world has been paying a price for that ever since,....and now it seems like it's America's turn.

Wacko foreign policy back then. Looking back, I have to believe that FDR was either an idiot,...or he was more than a bit pink.

He wasn't an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Slavek

Come now, didn't you hear wonderful speech the "Golden Gal" made at the 75th anniversary of D-Day landing. She said that thanks to those brave men that landed on the French beaches the Germans were freed from the enigmatic almost mythical Nazis that ruled over the poor Germans since ca. 1933? I bet the Western Leadership bought that BS and applauded wildly. Would you care to guess what percentage of Germans chose to vote for the NSDAP in 1933 democratic elections? You know, it's only when the bombs started falling on Germany en mass they started to loose faith and support for previously "wonderful" Fuhrer.

Sounds like you should have fought harder, but I guess you enjoyed it, because right after them came the communists who obviously had an effect on you...

what the hell you putting in your coffee this morning?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The most detrimental action of modern times is FDR's decision to enable Stalin to spread Communism around the world. The world has been paying a price for that ever since,....and now it seems like it's America's turn.

Wacko foreign policy back then. Looking back, I have to believe that FDR was either an idiot,...or he was more than a bit pink.

He wasn't an idiot.

FDR was a commie and helped destroy Western Europe. Look at what's happened in the last 75 years.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.