Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not surprising.

I used to be on the Weaver bandwagon. USED to be. Over the last 6-8 years, over 50% of my Weaver optics (all Classic series or higher) took a crap. TWICE while on a hunt. Their customer service department was good...……….heck, they almost knew me on a first name basis !!! But their product was crap.

Sad to hear. But not unpredictable.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Surprised they lasted this long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bull64
That's sad news.I just don't understand Bushnell.They axe the best model line they ever produced(Elite),and now send Weaver to the way of the buffalo.Who the hell is making the decisions in there....

The consumer

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by silver78
While I am a bit sorry to see Weaver go away I realize that it would be impossible for all the old brands to continue since newer brands like SWFA have been taking market share away from the older brands.

What would be better?

1 Weaver is still around but no SWFAs or Athlon Optics?

2 Or no more Weaver but new brands offering innovative designs at great prices?

I take weaver over athlon. Athlon is simply private labeled Chinese junk. Weaver is mostly Japan built the rv 9 rim fire scope is one of the best rim fire scopes

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to run quite a bit of Weaver optics up until about 2005. As my salary increased, so did the price of the optics I bought. I do like Weaver mounts and rings, but I have moved on from those as well in the last couple of years.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Bull64
That's sad news.I just don't understand Bushnell.They axe the best model line they ever produced(Elite),and now send Weaver to the way of the buffalo.Who the hell is making the decisions in there....

The consumer

The consumer isn't the only determinant in the equation although certainly an important one. Management can make or break a product's appeal to consumers. Chicken or egg?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Most places I checked were out and no longer carried them BUT I was able to pick a Weaver Classic K-Series 6x38mm Rifle Scope at Natchez for $129.

Ted
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Would be a shame if Weaver mounts went away.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a response to an email I sent to Weaver in February of this year:

The optics portion of Weaver is on hold until a strategy is developed on how it fits into our portfolio of brands with Bushnell, Simmons, and Tasco. This may mean it has a smaller sku and customer availability than previously but that has not been determined. Weaver will continue supporting prior warranties and products. At this time we have no inventory for the brand and will maintain low inventory levels for the near future.

Trevor Alt

Technical Service

Weaver Optics

Anoka, MN

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
vista outdoors, where brands go to die. look at simmons and tasco, both of which used to be substantial players. I predict bushnell is next. They already hardly have any product in stores as it is. Now bushnell is trying to out vortex, vortex with all their new forge, nitro etc line. which is all non japanese built.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by silver78
While I am a bit sorry to see Weaver go away I realize that it would be impossible for all the old brands to continue since newer brands like SWFA have been taking market share away from the older brands.

What would be better?

1 Weaver is still around but no SWFAs or Athlon Optics?

2 Or no more Weaver but new brands offering innovative designs at great prices?

I take weaver over athlon. Athlon is simply private labeled Chinese junk. Weaver is mostly Japan built the rv 9 rim fire scope is one of the best rim fire scopes

F u c k i n g idiot.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have enough good bushnells(4200,6500,elite) to last me the rest of my life. I never used a newer model weaverbut ive picked up a bunch of them at gunshows on rifles. They sure dont resell very well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 31 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.