Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
I have done it and I have seen it done. Some people can do it and some cannot. Also seen different levels of success. Can't explain why or how it works but some people claim it has to do with electromagnetic forces that some people have and some don't.

I don't have absolute faith in it but for the cost of dowsing versus the cost of drilling, I would probably do it before drilling a well. I would think if you are over an aquifer of any size, it wouldn't matter where you drill, you would hit water. If you are drilling in an area where there are underground streams the location would be more specific.

We made dowsing rods out of oxy/acetylene welding rods and where the rods would cross, we would usually find something. Might be a washer, water line, gas line, sewer line, tin can, etc.

Originally Posted by 45_100
I have done it and I have seen it done. Some people can do it and some cannot. Also seen different levels of success. Can't explain why or how it works but some people claim it has to do with electromagnetic forces that some people have and some don't.

I don't have absolute faith in it but for the cost of dowsing versus the cost of drilling, I would probably do it before drilling a well. I would think if you are over an aquifer of any size, it wouldn't matter where you drill, you would hit water. If you are drilling in an area where there are underground streams the location would be more specific.

We made dowsing rods out of oxy/acetylene welding rods and where the rods would cross, we would usually find something. Might be a washer, water line, gas line, sewer line, tin can, etc.
it works I can do it. Like you said magnetic. I can't wear a wrist watch because they always stop working. And I was told it was because of the magnetic field in my body.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I been using my Dowser Rod for years.

It's very real.

Dowser rod, Flave, not dowager rod...... Not the same thing.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I was about to say I don't think it is the tool so much as the person using the tool. Tho the tool may - probably - acts as a focus.

Talents come in all kinds of forms - gardening, art, music, mathematics, science, etc. Why not dowsing?

I could use a talent, myself. Just one - any one..... smile.

Maybe I'll try dowsing...

I know where my water, power, and sewer lines run - or maybe that's cheating? I'm pretty sure I am not a magnetic personality tho.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
it works I can do it. Like you said magnetic. I can't wear a wrist watch because they always stop working. And I was told it was because of the magnetic field in my body.

Do you wake up with coat hangers stuck to you ??
Do the magnets jump off the fridge when you walk by ??
Does a compass always point to you ??

Just for a chit and a giggle...………….grab up one of those 200# lifting capacity magnets. Those things have a SERIOUS magnetic field. Now walk by one holding a dowsing rod (aka coat hanger) 3 feet or so above it and see if I so much as flinches. Then splain to me how the "magnetic field" of...……..ummmmmmm……….....water (???) causes rods to cross 50 or 500 feet above. And then there's the peach limbs......…...… I can't keep those from sticking to the magnetic base on my truck antenna.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It is real.

Cast

I have a short attention spa
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GrandDad liked a forked stick from a peach tree. I use welding rods bent at a 90 degree angle.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My Dowser Rod....is SHOT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I was reared on a New Mexican cattle ranch and saw plenty of witching from the water well drillers. I've never really believed in it, but they certainly did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My dad had a guy come out and show him where to put a well once. He walked along and when the rods crossed he said "Right here". then he told me to run to his truck and grab the saw out of the back and bring it to him, he too that saw blade from me held it over the spot and it started to bounce ever so slightly, when it quit bouncing he said it'll be 27 feet deep.

I stood there thinking no fuqking way.................He was 2 feet off!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The force was with my Dad, but I couldn't witch water. When I bought some hunting land in central Wisconsin I called him to come find best spot to sink a well. When he arrived he went looking for a forked tree limb and came back with a Black Cherry limb. He immediately found several locations and one real strong water source.

I said let me try and covered the same ground and nothing happened. He then walked up to me and placed his hands on top of mine and the limb started moving.

I am in the believer camp.

Last edited by roundoak; 06/09/19.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It only works for believers, step back you non believers. You have to have witching in your soul!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It works off dark matter and the weak force, or something.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son has the gift. He can find water lines, and what he says are streams, although we've never dug for water. Last weekend, we were going to tap into the water line that runs across a pasture field and put in a cattle waterer. We knew the approximate place of the line, but not the exact one. He got out his rods, and found the line. It is not hocus pocus.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seriously, what's your problem with snipe hunting?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You make a good point stxhunter. I always carried a pocket watch because a wrist watch would only last a month or so and quit working. It's not like I walk around with metal objects stuck to me and I admit it doesn't make a lot of sense. Now I use my cell phone to tell time and it works just fine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Just for a chit and a giggle...………….grab up one of those 200# lifting capacity magnets. Those things have a SERIOUS magnetic field. Now walk by one holding a dowsing rod (aka coat hanger) 3 feet or so above it and see if I so much as flinches. Then splain to me how the "magnetic field" of...……..ummmmmmm……….....water (???) causes rods to cross 50 or 500 feet above. And then there's the peach limbs......…...… I can't keep those from sticking to the magnetic base on my truck antenna.

some times folks think they are too smart for their own good, because they can't explain or understand something.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
It works off dark matter and the weak force, or something.

Should be absolutely fantastic for finding them old, filled in, outhouse holes with great gramps' antique whiskey bottles in them then? wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
One rod works as well as two, brass brazing rod especially well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yoder409

some times folks think they are too smart for their own good, because they can't explain or understand something.

I've had people watch and ask how I do it... And how it works. I always answer "I don't know, but it does for me."

Some things can't be explained away, one way or the other.

I sure don't try and convince people, or change their minds. But I know what I know.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hanco
One rod works as well as two, brass brazing rod especially well.

I am going to get some. First, I need to locate a power line. 811 to confirm. Any recommendations for AC vs water?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.