Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
You make a good point stxhunter. I always carried a pocket watch because a wrist watch would only last a month or so and quit working. It's not like I walk around with metal objects stuck to me and I admit it doesn't make a lot of sense. Now I use my cell phone to tell time and it works just fine.

same here, carried a pocket watch in high school.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
it works I can do it. Like you said magnetic. I can't wear a wrist watch because they always stop working. And I was told it was because of the magnetic field in my body.

Do you wake up with coat hangers stuck to you ??
Do the magnets jump off the fridge when you walk by ??
Does a compass always point to you ??

Just for a chit and a giggle...………….grab up one of those 200# lifting capacity magnets. Those things have a SERIOUS magnetic field. Now walk by one holding a dowsing rod (aka coat hanger) 3 feet or so above it and see if I so much as flinches. Then splain to me how the "magnetic field" of...……..ummmmmmm……….....water (???) causes rods to cross 50 or 500 feet above. And then there's the peach limbs......…...… I can't keep those from sticking to the magnetic base on my truck antenna.

some times folks think they are too smart for their own good, because they can't explain or understand something.

I'm with STX on this one. I also have a problem with nice mechanical wrist watches. Typically last about 3 months and crap out. Cheap LCD watches, no issue. Had an Asian woman tell me one time that it was because I had a high level of "Chi energy". What ever that is...

@OP Around here they call 'em water witches. Typically use a green "Y" forked limb. Have not seen it myself. Cannot do it myself (that I know of). Have zero clue how it works. However, too many friends and acquaintances with good wells with good water to beleive otherwise. I'm in the believer camp.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
One dick joke in a four page thread titled "dowser rod?"

"Campfire" full of fugking nuns. JFC.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If the electrical line is near the surface, you will get a stronger reaction. Like having the rods swing in toward each other hard enough that they hit you in the chest with a little thump.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 06/09/19.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
it works I can do it. Like you said magnetic. I can't wear a wrist watch because they always stop working. And I was told it was because of the magnetic field in my body.

Just for a chit and a giggle...………….grab up one of those 200# lifting capacity magnets. Those things have a SERIOUS magnetic field. Now walk by one holding a dowsing rod (aka coat hanger) 3 feet or so above it and see if I so much as flinches. Then splain to me how the "magnetic field" of...……..ummmmmmm……….....water (???) causes rods to cross 50 or 500 feet above. And then there's the peach limbs......…...… I can't keep those from sticking to the magnetic base on my truck antenna.

some times folks think they are too smart for their own good, because they can't explain or understand something.

Hence Bigfoot, Santa Claus and UFO's...........

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Hence Bigfoot, Santa Claus and UFO's...........
apples and oranges.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"I was looking for one around here...its 75.00 a foot to drill....and im on a ridge at 1000'....i run around the ridge where i can,and have yet to fine where the water comes out...."

What? Mine cost $7.00 a foot. Is this a typo?

When I got my well drilled down in Georgia, they could do what was called a "shallow well." I had the company come out, the guy said he would try two shallow wells. If no water, he would go ahead and drill a "deep well."
He bored the first shallow well, went down about 35 feet hit solid rock, had to stop.
And he said now, he would do the deep well. See, deep wells are much more expensive.
And I said "You told me you would try two shallow wells." He said "No I never said no such thing."
So I said "Goodbye." I guess he thought I was really dumb.

So I had a dowser guy come out and he called himself a "water witch." Just a country guy about 50 years old, white guy, looked like a normal guy.
He used some freshly cut peach branches.
He walked all around my yard. In about five minutes his branches twitched a little, didn't exactly cross but bent inwards some. He had a funny look on his face. I got down on my knees and looked and there under some leaves was my Swiss Army knife I had lost six months earlier.
He said water witching could do all kinds of good stuff.

He walked around for five more minutes, and he said to drill right there, I would get water at 29 feet and would get 4 gallons a minute.

These shallow wells are about 30 inch diameter. I had another well company come out and he bored that well right at that spot, hit water at 29 feet and it was 4 gallons a minute. I was impressed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can't wear cheap watches. The only ones that last are expensive Swiss made watches.

Ever since I was a kid.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All joking aside........ I do NOT think I'm too smart for my own good. But, things that have no semi-reasonable explanation, based in some kind of fact or principle......... they make me go "hmmmm" .

All I want is for someone to explain to me the magnetic properties of brazing rods, peach limbs and H2O.

It's pretty entertaining to watch. There's guys around here who can supposedly witch water wells. One of them drilled a 1/2 gal/min hole for my dad. Then came back and for half price, drilled him a dry hole.

Now, here's what I have a hard time getting. In this area, EVERYTHING has an abandoned underground coal mine under it. All the mines filled with water 100 years ago when the last pumps were pulled out. So, EVERYONE for square miles is standing +/- 250 feet above BILLIONS of gallons of water. How is it that the "magnetic field" of such a vast quantity of subterranean water doesn't interfere with the picking up of a drain pipe or an aquifer that's seeping 5 gal/min ??? Sorta like trying to listen to AM radio under 500KV transmission lines ........

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
W
W
My wife can find water or a grave with them, fact.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by weekender7

With your dowser rod?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by weekender7

With your dowser rod?

In a cemetery with sprinklers.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a well drilled in an "iffy" area many years ago. Driller refused to drill until it had been witched, gave us the names of a half-dozen or so people who could do it. We hired one, he witched it as we watched. Driller came out and drilled on the marked spot, hit good water and plenty of it. I believe. If you choose not to, good for you.

The fact that modern science cannot explain exactly why something works is absolutely no reason to deny it exists. We still cannot explain how ancient people built huge cities out of blocks of stone weighing tons without ever inventing n the wheel. Yet, there are the cities , pyramids and temples.

The Earth used to be flat, remember?

Last edited by jnyork; 06/09/19.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
My Grandfather from Tenn. could do it! lots of Farmer would come and ask him to find water. he likes a green Peach forked stick best My dad could do it sometimes, he liked the metal rods. Iv tried both and nothing worked!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
note to self....If you need to find water on your place, don't bother calling that Yoder guy......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All joking aside........ I do NOT think I'm too smart for my own good. But, things that have no semi-reasonable explanation, based in some kind of fact or principle......... they make me go "hmmmm" .

All I want is for someone to explain to me the magnetic properties of brazing rods, peach limbs and H2O.

It's pretty entertaining to watch. There's guys around here who can supposedly witch water wells. One of them drilled a 1/2 gal/min hole for my dad. Then came back and for half price, drilled him a dry hole.

Now, here's what I have a hard time getting. In this area, EVERYTHING has an abandoned underground coal mine under it. All the mines filled with water 100 years ago when the last pumps were pulled out. So, EVERYONE for square miles is standing +/- 250 feet above BILLIONS of gallons of water. How is it that the "magnetic field" of such a vast quantity of subterranean water doesn't interfere with the picking up of a drain pipe or an aquifer that's seeping 5 gal/min ??? Sorta like trying to listen to AM radio under 500KV transmission lines ........

Not everyone that claims they have that gift really does have it.

The well driller that drilled for us didn't claim it. He would let you know who to call that did witch a good well though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It works...I can find water in the middle of a concrete parking lot....right. All a bunch of hocus pocus if you ask me..

living the good life every day
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you hold it in your hands, you control it--

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Seen it done and the guy then showed me how it worked.

I started out walked side beside my guy he had a pair of steel survey flag wire holders and I had the gps data logger. His rods would swing 90degrees whenever we stepped over the buried AC line (asbestos composite)

The guy told me he thought the rods were responding to disruptions in the soil such the ditch that the pipe laid in.

Hook, line and sinker...………………..

If the same guy offers to take you snipe hunting...………….. I'd pass.

I mentioned in my post that he showed ME how to do it, not just me watching him. I got the same response after he physically instructed how much pressure and stability I should use holding the wires.

We brought in some more guys and "pot holed" the places that I logged into our gps unit as I shot them. He got a spin on his rods, I took a gps shot.

I made a map of all those shots and the field crew had no problem confirming them. After determining depth with the pot holing, we dug up spots for our tapping crews to cut the coupons and make the tie-ins.

I was a big time scoffer for a long time and used to give the ole boy a lot of ribbing until I done it myself. I'm not claiming it's for water. I know it worked for any thing buried in a trench. Used it several times since that first time.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by deflave
I been using my Dowser Rod for years.

It's very real.

Dowser rod, Flave, not dowager rod...... Not the same thing.

Still finding a wet spot.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,311
Posts18,487,258
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.