Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Im unable to locate a handgun right now.

Have looked on/off for over a month. Somewhere between 5 daily driver vehicles and several pieces of luggage. Best I figure.

Hell, maybe I left it in some hotel or condo last few months.

Monetarily, no big deal but unnaccounted for firearm makes it bothersome.

Have an unused dishwashing machine? Think like that.

Uncle lost a .40cal ontime for several months. Even reported it lost though it was at an out of state motel.

Yup in the dishwasher. Found it after having a party and went to use the machine.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yes I did lose a large amount of cash once. Lent it to a relative.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's not a lot of money now, but at the time it was. Right before my wife and I got married, I lost $250 I was saving up for our honeymoon. I think I dropped it coming out of the bank.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
OP
You can spring for granite counter tops but can't swing $20 for a new wallet? You're in business and still rocking s flip phone?

Why you guys are beating on Fireball over his wallet....

Keep in mind, this is Southern Oregon..... things in antique shops elsewhere are still pretty much in use around here.... including an old wallet.... Roy is in the minority in this county even having a wallet...

he's got things like a Drivers License and CASH and a credit card to keep in it...

a lot of locals don't have a wallet, because they DON'T have a Drivers License ( because it got pulled if they ever had one at all...).. they keep what little cash they might have ( probably stolen if one of our gazillion meth heads) wadded up in their pocket... big money they keep in their sock or in their shoe...and if they do have a credit card, chances are real big that it is HOT....

people see you with a nice wallet in your possession at a store or fast food etc, they will target you to steal it, as they figure you are a rich California transplant...

Illegal Mexicans, very few stay here locally... reminds them too much of the Mexico they were trying to escape from...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Or something of high value? Had a recent scare of about $2500. Was trying to come to grips with it with it when I found it today. I've come close to leaving an excavator bucket behind on a job, about $1000, but knock on wood, so far not. Never even lost my wallet. Same one after 39 years.You?

[Linked Image]

That cell phone should be worth that much isn't it? Was it recovered in a tomb in the pyramids? Regardless, it belongs in a museum.

and my cell phone is of that vintage also...

don't need a smart phone, or the big bill that goes with it..

mine is used for business... I make calls and I receive calls...that is all I use it for..

Still works fine and doesn't cost me a ton of extra bucks on stuff I would use anyway...

welcome to southern Oregon...

as I said above... many Mexicans don't stay around here... unless in the dope business...

it reminds them of the Mexico they were trying to escape from...

they keep moving north on I 5

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never had a large sum of money to lose. I did roll a jon boat one time while hunting and lost a 1300 XTR Winchester. I never really liked that gun all that much, and I refused to carry my other shotguns just in case this ever happened, but it was still a hit. I've miss placed things of value a few times, but always managed to find them.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No never lost anything of value, but I found a bag of Euros in Italy in a paper bag when we we on an excursion in Rome. It converted to 2400.00 US.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Back when Ogibbon was branch manager, every time I got a portfolio statement I felt robbed of a substantial sum. Not to mention paying for the medical care of its tribe.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Try losses in seed, fertilizer, fuel, time , and such than no rain or way too much rain . out 1000's $. Might as well just lost a was of cash. What makes it worse for some when that happens and is was borrowed money to start with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Try losses in seed, fertilizer, fuel, time , and such than no rain or way too much rain . out 1000's $. Might as well just lost a was of cash. What makes it worse for some when that happens and is was borrowed money to start with.

I did that quite a few times, on corn and soybeans. The only things I never lost money on were tobacco and hogs, at least I made money more years than not. I've also made some money off cattle, but have always put it back into building up the facilities, so never see much of the profit, if there was any.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
And yes I did lose a large amount of cash once. Lent it to a relative.

I made a practice years ago to not loan out money. Whenever someone would hit me up for a loan, I'd say "do I look like a bank?"

The last person that hit me up for a loan, I said to them....."tell you what I'll do, I'll buy any guns you have, if that will help." They walked away.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I bought a pound of sliced ham at Walmart yesterday... paid for it and left it in the bag carousel (I think)... Does that count?

I am NOT going back for it...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Nope, State employee didn't have it to lose, lucky me I guess. crazy GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I lost my billfold with about 2500 in it. I was going to buy my fiance a ring and it fell out of my pocket running to get into my car. I was excited. Didn't miss the billfold until I got to her house. We went ahead and bought the ring, then went back to my house. I had about 10 voice mails on my phone when I got back home. A young black man (I didn't know he was black until I went to his room to get the billfold) had found it on campus and was calling to get it back to me. He said he called and talked to his dad as to what he should do, and his father told him that money wasn't his and he should get it back to me. When I picked up the billfold I took a few hundreds out and gave them to him. He declined, I insisted, and told him to buy pizza for his buddies and they all were unanimous in that suggestion.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Lost a bundle April 15th...again. We all did, sigh.
Seafire's description of the economy in Jefferson State is a classic...well spoken, sir.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I've never had a large sum of money to lose. I did roll a jon boat one time while hunting and lost a 1300 XTR Winchester. I never really liked that gun all that much, and I refused to carry my other shotguns just in case this ever happened, but it was still a hit. I've miss placed things of value a few times, but always managed to find them.

I usually sell the guns I don't like not throw then in the drink....... wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sold a car back in the early 80's and the check got burned up with the trash.

I still to this day remind the wife of that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Sold a car back in the early 80's and the check got burned up with the trash.

I still to this day remind the wife of that.

I threw a Postal Money Order out with the garbage. I called the guy that sent it and he went through all the hoops to get a check re-issued. It took weeks, but I got it back...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let's set up a GoFundMe wallet gift for fireball2 for gawds sake.
Then that old wallet of his can be sent to the poor Richard's almanac collection in the Smithsonian where it belongs for eternity.
Maybe they can use it some how in the next planet of the apes movie as a relic type of prop.
laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lost a good wife cause I didn’t pay enough attention to her and I was an azzhole. I miss her still!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,782
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.