Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Our local provider is no longer going to provide TV service, so we have to change.

Do you prefer Dish or Direct TV? We don't need HBO and such but DO watch the local channels, History channel, old Westerns, etc ….

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have Dish.

No HBO.

Local channels.

From previously having both Dish and Direct, I prefer Dish.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
High speed internet and a device such as a FireStick.
Then you can pick, or not, additional services from,
YouTube
Sling
Hulu
Etc.

The list is ginormous. And much cheaper thar your satellite provider.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We have DirecTv, we love it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They are the same.

Once one pisses you off bad enough just switch to the other one.

Go back and forth for a while until you cant take it anymore and then schit can the whole works.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
They are the same.

Once one pisses you off bad enough just switch to the other one.

Go back and forth for a while until you cant take it anymore and then schit can the whole works.

Thats what I did, finally went with 'streaming'...a ton cheaper and there's so much stuff to watch I'll never get close to seeing it all...plus, no commercials!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have never had Dish, but have been a DirecTV customer for several decades. Would not switch. Their customer service to us has been great, but it is expensive.

Do be aware that the days of geosynchronous satellite TV of all kinds is going the way of the white buffalo. DirecTV has one more replacement satellite to launch, and then no more, ever. The future is probably some kind of low orbit space internet like what SpaceX is building. That will not use focused dish antennas but will function more like GPS or over-the-air TV.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have DirecTV and come October I'm cancelling my subscription. I am going to go with HULU Live or whatever it is. I've had them both and can't tell the difference. In AK though, DirecTV offers one satellite dish where Dish I had to have multiple dishes for more than two TV's in the house.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Started out with a 10 foot dish years ago. Before every thing was scrambled. Have had uverse, Dish and Direct.
They tell me Direct has the best picture quality. Have Direct now. Wife likes to negotiate for the best price. Does this every couple of years. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Direct TV took a turn for the worse in 2014 when purchased by AT&T. Direct TV has TERRIBLE customer service. Good luck speaking to a person that you can understand. Direct TV will send you terribly outdated equipment. Direct TV is more expensive. They will lure you in then raise rates, and see my first complaint, good luck talking with a customer service rep.

I recently switched to Dish after 15 years on Direct TV. I couldn't be more happy. Less expensive, better equipment, and much faster processing, Direct TV was SLOW.

Also, and this is HUGE, Dish will contract with local contractors for all service work. I did everything through a small local installer who has a lady in the office that is top notch. I called the local guy, his team helped me with the packages, the local guy came out for the install, when help is needed I call the local guy. Direct TV will not do this. Discover your equipment is bad outdated, call a person in India that cant speak English, they schedule a service call with a guy who has a 400 square mile territory, they don't give out his number, he shows up 2 weeks later and doesn't have what he needs, wait another two weeks.

Is it obvious I HATE Direct TV?

As for Dish not offering HBO, get HBO Now, which is less expensive than the cost to have it on Direct TV.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Direct TV has TERRIBLE customer service.

Yes, they do.

Had an installer dumbassedly step through the ceiling during installation. 2 sections of sheet rock broken, blown insulation all over the house... Specialty wall paint messed up.

The customer service for Direct was a nightmare. They never, ever ended up paying for the damage done by their tech. About a $1000 repair bill I had to eat.

Cancelled their service, and they then threatened to to sue me for the remainder of the contract...

Nice.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have Dish and they will lie to you just as soon as they tell you the truth.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I made the switch from Direct TV to Dish about a year ago. Dish offered a two year fixed price that wan ONE HALF of what I was paying with Direct TV. I went from $144 a month to $77 for comparable service and couldn't be happier!!! In addition, I now have better equipment.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

They all will. But AT&T has not seen a match for lyin'.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JamesJr

They all will. But AT&T has not seen a match for lyin'.

This!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have Dish, one of their low end packages. I can get locals on over the air. Screw Direct tv.

I just don't know how people who live fairly remote can get unlimited high speed internet. If you're lucky and can get Comcast, or Cox, then you have TV with it and why stream? But internet? The only option, aside from satellite we have is a wifi modem which is not the fastest, but we have usage caps. I would eat a month's usage watching two shows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By using either of those providers you are funding the enemy. CNN would not exist without the bundle money......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
we have had both liked the direct system better. plan on going the cell phone firestick route.

Ed

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
AT&T has LOTS of lawyers but when I worked for them from 1961-1991 they would settle if anybody filed suit against them to prevent bad publicity. They're not like that anymore.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bottom line - They both suck; Dish just sucks a little less.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,292
Posts18,525,764
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.