Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
The thread on water witching made me think of chiropractic. It is amazing the people actually believe this stuff. That a guy could push and pull on you to set your bones right. Given time most of these problems will fix themselves. What really bugs me is that some people actually take babies to chiropractors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonesetter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Mapp

https://mom.me/baby/32098-how-tell-if-your-baby-needs-chiropractic-adjustment

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
During the time when I was working as a paramedic, one day while off duty, I had a bicycle crash. I went off the bike at speed and landed on my right shoulder.
My shoulder hurt all the time after that. In a few months I went to the orthopedic doc, Dr. Hattaway. I knew him on a first name basis because we worked in the same ER. So I got the best care he could provide in fact he didn't charge me. He took the xrays, said nothing was broken nothing could be done. He gave me a scrip for muscle relaxer, which did no good at all.

My shoulder hurt all the time, the one good thing was I would get my girlfriend to massage it that really felt good.

About a year later a buddy suggested the chiropractor. I went down there, the guy shot xrays, he told me that in the crash, I had twisted a vertebrae in the upper torso. He said that nerves to the shoulder came out of this vertebrae and that was causing the pain.
He said that, he would adjust the vertebrae and in five visits my shoulder would be fine.
And that is just what he did. Fifteen bucks per visit and no drugs, my shoulder was fine after that.

Yes, chiropractors work. However as in any profession, especially including the MD profession, there are good chiropractors and there are bad ones, do your research and find a good one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are good chiropractors and bad. My mother swore them off for years, and then finally went to see one about three years ago for her neck. She was 76 at the time and she says to this day it was the best money she has ever spent. The military after many years of not recommending chiropractors are now referring people to them and even bringing them on staff. I honestly wish I would have been able to see a chiropractor for my back when I was AD. Now that I have rods and screws in my lower back, they probably won't touch me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nerves can and do get pinched, and that does indeed cause a lot of pain. Sciatica is a great example. Chiropractic can and does fix such problems. But the notion that mis-aligned vertebra is the cause of many or most other ailments is hogwash.

Dowsing I cannot explain - but then I cannot explain in detail how television works, either. I have observed dowsing that appeared to work and have even done it myself, although I could not reliably repeat it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a chiropractor works for me. I've been in a few falls, and when the pain gets bad, I go get twisted. Makes a big difference. I have a TENS unit and home traction as well.
If I ever hit the lotto, I will have a chiropractor and masseuse on staff. smile

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have deteriorating arthritis of the spine.All the MDs want to do is give me muscle relaxants or operate.I get an adjustment every two weeks at the Chiropractor and go about doing what I want to do.The VA is who recommend I try a Chiropractor and have one on staff.I thought it was all hogwash until I tried it.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After i was in a rear end wreck a few years ago i got to where i could not look to the left very well.

I took my x-ray i have of the hardware in my back to the Chiropractor and told her the story.

I have a line in my back where she can't work but for the neck it has done wonders.

Go most times every month and it does make life easier.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good chiropractor is a Godsend. And they kill far fewer than MDs on an annual basis.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Skeptical of them because it didn't work for me. That and everyone I talked to got diagnosed with subluxation with 2 visits per week at $50 a pop indefinitely being the treatment.

But if it works for you, more power to you.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
A good chiropractor is a Godsend. And they kill far fewer than MDs on an annual basis.

THIS !

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Skeptical of them because it didn't work for me. That and everyone I talked to got diagnosed with subluxation with 2 visits per week at $50 a pop indefinitely being the treatment. "

In my story above, my good chiropractor was in Georgia. Then, I moved up here to North Carolina and I had to get a new chiropractor.
The first guy I went to, they had me watch a 10 minute video which was basically to brainwash you so that you would go to the chiropractor every month for the rest of your life. This is bullsh*t.

So I asked around and I found a different chiropractor, and I like him very much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did get screwed by a chiropractor who wanted $1500 up front saying I needed three weeks of treatment, which turned out to be me exercising during those visits. He pedaled a wellness philosophy and 'maintenance' showing charts and telling me stories about the child of that lady over there whose allergies he fixed through chiropractic. No 'S'". Friggin sham but I do not lump in the whole profession with that Asian quack. [Simonkenton- I wrote this while you must have been writing so I guess we saw that same racket in action]

Few years later I visited another who worked on cash only basis- like $30 a visit. Went to see him when I somehow had jacked up my shoulder so bad I screamed aloud when trying to get out of my car and into his office. I was terrified of letting him even touch my shoulder. After moving so cautiously to avoid the extreme jolts of pain that would hit me, I jumped out of bed next morning - with that mentality- then realized the pain had completely gone. Just amazing.

Friends son is a chiropractor and a hell of a good guy I wish practiced near me. No way would I believe his work hasn't helped hundreds of folks.

All this has me thinking a trip to one might do me some good.

Last edited by kenjs1; 06/10/19.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I was a skeptic till I went to one. They can help you with some things. Some of them will fix your aches and pains in a couple of visits and it lasts a long time. Others will adjust you enough to help a few days and then you need to come back to them in a month . My wife made me go the first time so I didn't tell the guy much. He examined me and.proceeded to tell me What my misalignment problems were and about when they started in my life. He was darn close. He helped me enjoy life without neck and shoulder pain. I have gone Twice this year.
Others may have problems that can't be corrected by manipulation.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ignorance is apparently bliss to some.

I've had good chiropracters, and some real bone crackers, maybe better suited for professiona wrestling.

Rolfing, now, I have some doubts about, but I haven't tried it so who knows - until one does. Seems a little hinky "aligning one's organs to the gravitational field"....

But there are some native healers among the Inupiat who do much the same, realigning or re- positioning internal organs manually. I haven't had it done, but my wife has. Della Keats (now deceased, I think) out of Kotzebue was famous for it,t hroughout the Inupiat community and the North Slope.

She was who workied on my wife in Point Hope in 70's. She was in extreme pain and could barely move after a fall - something twisted inside. but desperate for releif, decided to try "the quack doctor". Next morning, she was fine, with only residual soreness from the work-over.

Nick Jans had an article in Alaska Magazine (unknown issue date - saw it at the barber shop the other day) about the same, but with another healer other than Della.

On the other hand, I went to a "miracle worker" along these lines that my brother and his BIL swore by down in Colorado last summer. I thought I'd pulled a hamstring- decided a couple weeks ago it was sciatic instead. Anyway - it was a pleasant massage is all, and not nearly the best I've ever had.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by plainsman456
After i was in a rear end wreck a few years ago i got to where i could not look to the left very well.

I took my x-ray i have of the hardware in my back to the Chiropractor and told her the story.

I have a line in my back where she can't work but for the neck it has done wonders.

Go most times every month and it does make life easier.

Same here Plainsman

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles"

saddlesore: Can you tie your own diamond?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nealglen37
The thread on water witching made me think of chiropractic. It is amazing the people actually believe this stuff. That a guy could push and pull on you to set your bones right. Given time most of these problems will fix themselves. What really bugs me is that some people actually take babies to chiropractors.

But you knew that examples of Chiropractic success would follow your post as sure as the sun coming up...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles"

saddlesore: Can you tie your own diamond?

I sure can, been doing it for many years.Since getting older and I am usually by myself,I now cheat a little.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by saddlesore; 06/10/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wait a minute, saddlesore, that is cheating!

In January 1973, my buddies and I saw Jeremiah Johnson at the theater in Atlanta. We were suburban college boys and this movie just blew us away.
We wanted to go to the wilderness and live like Jeremiah Johnson. We arranged to drive up to Fort Nelson, British Columbia, and we were going to rent horses from big game guides and spend the summer in the wilderness.

We didn't know jack about horses or guns so we bought some guns and started practicing, and, we got the book by Joe Back, Horses, Hitches, and Rocky Trails. And we even made our own panniers.
And we found a stable or riding outfit north of Atlanta, and we went riding and we practiced tying our own diamond hitch on the pack horse.

And we did go to the BC wilderness and spent the summer up there, by the end of the summer I could definitely tie my own diamond.

And, on the way up to BC, we stopped by the house of Joe Back. He lived way up in Wyoming, right on the way! With no notice, one evening about 6 pm we knocked on his door.
He was an old guy about 80 years old, he looked at us like "What the Hell do You Whippersnappers Want" and he was about to kick us off his porch, but, his wife got wind of what was up.
She invited us in, and after a while Joe realized that his book had inspired and helped us young wild men to go to the wilderness.
We sat around for several hours talking with Joe and Mrs. Back.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by nealglen37

But you knew that examples of Chiropractic success would follow your post as sure as the sun coming up...

Only because it works.

There are good practioners, and voodoo scam artistes.
Find a good one.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.