Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Did you watch this one?

What are you talking about? Which one?

Exactly.

If you will tell me which one, I’ll tell you.

EINSATSGRUPPEN - The Nazi Death Squads

Oh yeah, I’ve watched that one. It’s the one that is in French with subtitles.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

So why is World War II different from practically every other war where people can rationally discuss the motivations and decisions of the various leaders on the various sides without being labeled all sorts of names. After all, most of us here were born after it happened and in another 50 years or so there will be very few alive who even knew a WW II veteran at some point in their lives. So why the vitriol?

There's vitriol surrounding every war.

WWII has more than others because Germany documented so much of it, so well.

There are loads of false information regarding the Holocaust and I do think it's important to educate your kids and others about those in accuracies. But you can do so without throwing a bunch of nonsense into the air and blathering like an idiot.

To people like you, any opinion with which you disagree is nonsense and blathering.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You mean people that view things objectively and know history?

Yeah. You sound like a blathering idiot to us.

Especially when you haven’t even read the thread you’re blathering all over.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
O
One of my WV high school teachers was in the US Army unit that liberated Dachau. One day in 1956 he spent two hours with our class, detailing the horrors of that place. He had dozens of photographs. Yep, some SS camp guards died there:

There exists a scumbag Hitler/Nazi admiring bunch of neo-Nazis called the Institute For Historical Review who are attempting to put a pretty face on Hitler and his murderous Nazis. They whine about US GIs killing SS troops while giving the murderous SS a pass on their atrocities.

The IHR says there were no crematoriums or gas chambers.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

You’re really not much of a history guy or thinker.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Okiehog
One of my WV high school teachers was in the US Army unit that liberated Dachau. One day in 1956 he spent two hours with our class, detailing the horrors of that place. He had dozens of photographs. Yep, some SS camp guards died there:

There exists a scumbag Hitler/Nazi admiring bunch of neo-Nazis called the Institute For Historical Review who are attempting to put a pretty face on Hitler and his murderous Nazis. They whine about US GIs killing SS troops while giving the murderous SS a pass on their atrocities.

See, it’s stuff like this that allows the disinformation to creep in. Dachau was not an extermination camp for Jews. It was a concentration camp for political prisoners. The extermination camps were in the East. Dachau was just outside Munich. There were only (yeah I know) 32,000 documented deaths at Dachau. The Jews found at Dachau at the end of the war were transferred from the East ahead of the advancing Russians and the mounds of bodies were because those poor malnourished wretches from the East succumbed to a cholera and typhoid epidemic.

That is all documented and easily proved. And it also provides fodder for Holocaust deniers who can say that there never were any extermination camps when you throw around Dachau as an example of an extermination camp. The real extermination camps for the most part, were liberated by the Russians who hardly mentioned them at the time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You’re really not much of a history guy or thinker.

Well at least I know what the thread’s about.

More than you could say.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a recommendation for JoeBob and such interested in WWII Aviation, in case they didn’t already know about this book. It’s a fiction novel but more than that, having been exhaustively researched by the author. Len Deighton’s “Bomber”, one of my all-time favorite books, tells the story of a single RAF Bomber Command mission in June of 1943, and tells the story of all involved, in both sides. Full of technical details about the Lancaster and the Luftwaffe night fighters hunting them.

Two thumbs up and then some 👍🏻👍🏻

https://www.amazon.com/Bomber-Len-D...&hvtargid=pla-565057301033&psc=1

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4winds

So why is World War II different from practically every other war where people can rationally discuss the motivations and decisions of the various leaders on the various sides without being labeled all sorts of names. After all, most of us here were born after it happened and in another 50 years or so there will be very few alive who even knew a WW II veteran at some point in their lives. So why the vitriol?

You labeled me, incorrectly.

Anyone can read into whatever they want in this country or wherever they are, I don't really care. But I don't have to listen to them or take anything they say at face value - at least for now.

I have no vitriol.

This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow.

If you really believe the only material left to study about WW2 is limited to the holocaust, you're obviously willfully being ignorant. That is defined as stupidity. I believe it is the duty of those around such stupidity to kindly offer a rebuking or worse...been that way forever since Genesis.

Shalom!

Sure you have vitriol because you can’t even accurately or honestly respond to the question. You have to throw up the straw man that I said that the only material left to study is limited to the Holocaust. I never said that. I said that increasingly the Holocaust dominates every single discussion of WW II, that many newly written works revolve around it, and that popular organs of accepted thought such as the History Channel increasingly would have you believe that the only reason for the war was because Hitler wished to kill Jews.

You remind me of a teenage girl that personalizes everything her boyfriend talks about.

Alright!

I'm guessing this is your question; I'm not sure, as it doesn't end in a ?:

"So why is World War II different from practically every other war where people can rationally discuss the motivations and decisions of the various leaders on the various sides without being labeled all sorts of names."

I answered with this:

"This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow.
If you really believe the only material left to study about WW2 is limited to the holocaust, you're obviously willfully being ignorant. That is defined as stupidity. I believe it is the duty of those around such stupidity to kindly offer a rebuking or worse...been that way forever since Genesis."

I also said this:

"Anyone can read into whatever they want in this country or wherever they are, I don't really care. But I don't have to listen to them or take anything they say at face value - at least for now."

Then the second part of what you said, which btw had nothing to do with the OP, was this:

"After all, most of us here were born after it happened and in another 50 years or so there will be very few alive who even knew a WW II veteran at some point in their lives."

AAAAANNNNNNd you followed up with this:

"I said that increasingly the Holocaust dominates every single discussion of WW II, that many newly written works revolve around it, and that popular organs of accepted thought such as the History Channel increasingly would have you believe that the only reason for the war was because Hitler wished to kill Jews."

Which has nothing to do with the OP and demonstrates you were REALLY doing this:

"This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow." (I said that - which actually did answer the question!)

So, even though the point you're really trying to make, which has nothing to do with the OP, is that the Jews are rewriting WW2 history to fit the holocaust narrative.

So, I stand corrected and realize you're pusssy is really sore that I left your point off the list from the others creating a schittshow. I'll make the correction so you can now be happy about being a part of the Bande:

Ok, TRH, Bristoe and JoeBob be like:

1. Allies are the real aggressors.
2. Churchill is a meanie.
3. Hitler isn't such a bad guy, he's sexy and very articulate!
4. The Jews deserved everything they had comin to them, except it never really happened, cuz a terribly made video says so.
5. Germans were yodeling pacifists leading up to the war.
6. Only German civilians were targeted in the war.
7. Poland was really half German, half Russian anyway - treaties be damned!
8. Them filthy Jews are rewriting history

Feel better now?

Oh, since I can't help myself, you do have a major problem with the Jewish Revisionism theory: We also fought the Imperial Japanese in that war and as far as I know there is a TON of footage regarding such information that the "holocausters" have yet to rewrite!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As a result of the policy of Glasnost, in the late 1980s, Russia released the Auschwitz death records, meticulously kept by the Germans during its entire period of operation, which revealed that more Roman Catholics died there than Jews. The vast majority of both died of typhus, as indicated on the camp death certificates.

Naturally, this received no media coverage, but you can personally peruse these Russian-released German records at the New York Public Library.

Total deaths recorded at Auschwitz, Jews and non-Jews together, are on the order of 150,000. No wonder the Soviets chose not to release the information after the war, nor till 40 some odd years later, and then only quietly.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Okiehog

No one even claims there were homicidal gas chambers at Dachau. It was a disaster when liberated because, due to conditions of war at the time, it was about ten times overcrowded, without water, food, pesticide, or medicine, resulting in mass deaths from typhus, thus all the emaciated dead bodies of varied ethnicity.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

You labeled me, incorrectly.

Anyone can read into whatever they want in this country or wherever they are, I don't really care. But I don't have to listen to them or take anything they say at face value - at least for now.

I have no vitriol.

This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow.

If you really believe the only material left to study about WW2 is limited to the holocaust, you're obviously willfully being ignorant. That is defined as stupidity. I believe it is the duty of those around such stupidity to kindly offer a rebuking or worse...been that way forever since Genesis.

Shalom!

Sure you have vitriol because you can’t even accurately or honestly respond to the question. You have to throw up the straw man that I said that the only material left to study is limited to the Holocaust. I never said that. I said that increasingly the Holocaust dominates every single discussion of WW II, that many newly written works revolve around it, and that popular organs of accepted thought such as the History Channel increasingly would have you believe that the only reason for the war was because Hitler wished to kill Jews.

You remind me of a teenage girl that personalizes everything her boyfriend talks about.

Alright!

I'm guessing this is your question; I'm not sure, as it doesn't end in a ?:

"So why is World War II different from practically every other war where people can rationally discuss the motivations and decisions of the various leaders on the various sides without being labeled all sorts of names."

I answered with this:

"This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow.
If you really believe the only material left to study about WW2 is limited to the holocaust, you're obviously willfully being ignorant. That is defined as stupidity. I believe it is the duty of those around such stupidity to kindly offer a rebuking or worse...been that way forever since Genesis."

I also said this:

"Anyone can read into whatever they want in this country or wherever they are, I don't really care. But I don't have to listen to them or take anything they say at face value - at least for now."

Then the second part of what you said, which btw had nothing to do with the OP, was this:

"After all, most of us here were born after it happened and in another 50 years or so there will be very few alive who even knew a WW II veteran at some point in their lives."

AAAAANNNNNNd you followed up with this:

"I said that increasingly the Holocaust dominates every single discussion of WW II, that many newly written works revolve around it, and that popular organs of accepted thought such as the History Channel increasingly would have you believe that the only reason for the war was because Hitler wished to kill Jews."

Which has nothing to do with the OP and demonstrates you were REALLY doing this:

"This thread started out with interesting material and questions to follow the OP and then a few turn it into a Jew hating, Nazi sympathizing schittshow." (I said that - which actually did answer the question!)

So, even though the point you're really trying to make, which has nothing to do with the OP, is that the Jews are rewriting WW2 history to fit the holocaust narrative.

So, I stand corrected and realize you're pusssy is really sore that I left your point off the list from the others creating a schittshow. I'll make the correction so you can now be happy about being a part of the Bande:

Ok, TRH, Bristoe and JoeBob be like:

1. Allies are the real aggressors.
2. Churchill is a meanie.
3. Hitler isn't such a bad guy, he's sexy and very articulate!
4. The Jews deserved everything they had comin to them, except it never really happened, cuz a terribly made video says so.
5. Germans were yodeling pacifists leading up to the war.
6. Only German civilians were targeted in the war.
7. Poland was really half German, half Russian anyway - treaties be damned!
8. Them filthy Jews are rewriting history

Feel better now?

Oh, since I can't help myself, you do have a major problem with the Jewish Revisionism theory: We also fought the Imperial Japanese in that war and as far as I know there is a TON of footage regarding such information that the "holocausters" have yet to rewrite!

As I said, plenty of vitriol there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep!

Geh dich ficken!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep!

Geh dich ficken!

Nein, du zuerst.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The news media, owned and run lock, stock, and barrel, by the Jews and the Communists have succeeded in making one thing, and one thing only, the focal point of WW2.........the supposed death of 6 million Jews, aka the Holocaust. Nothing else matters.

The fact that the 6 million number is probably too high, matters not.

The fact that untold millions of other people died at the hands of people that were supposed to be our allies, matters not.

The fact that "our" side was every bit as dishonest and deceiving about events that happened, matters not.

There is too much evidence, fully documented, that shows that Jews were targeted by the Nazis for extermination.....sorry TRH, they were....but so were many other groups of people. The Nazis were ruthless, but not as much as the Soviets, who's record of putting people to death makes the Germans look like amateurs. Yet, because we won, the truth about civilian deaths has been hidden so as to allow the Jews to make sure that "theirs" is the only one that matters......and many of you fools on here have swallowed their story as the whole truth and nothing but.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The news media, owned and run lock, stock, and barrel, by the Jews and the Communists have succeeded in making one thing, and one thing only, the focal point of WW2.........the supposed death of 6 million Jews, aka the Holocaust. Nothing else matters.

That is hyperbole.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
there is another program, narrated by a british history professor, that goes into what is called "the great war." WWI. And WWII being a continuation of that war. His conclusion as i heard it was the futility and waste of WWI, and from the german perspective, there was an armistice where their politicians betrayed them when they were not yet beaten in the field.
I pull little tidbits out of all this stuff.
Now i have a smith and wesson tripple lock, one of 5000 called the mark one, made fourth quarter of 1915. It bears a scottish captains name who died during the battle of the somme. He is buried at freicourt peakwood cemetery northern france. I have researched his background including correcting some misinformation at the university of scotland. A couple of things i picked up from this WWI program. The british have an extensive cemetery management program in belgium and france. Immaculately maintained. reason? they did not want to pay for shipment of all those bodies back home to the local district, or the unhappyiness that would result. They, the upper class had just given the vote to the british people right after WWI, you had communism sweeping europe, and socialism, and they were afraid of rocking the boat. Ordinary soldiers were NOT allowed to take guns home, officers could take a personal sidearm, but no ammo, and it had to be registered. The british passed some rather restrictive gun legislation in or around 1920, again afraid of armed commoners as much as anything, and that's when this particular revolver made it's way back to the U.S.
back to the original topic, sort of, since i posted it. I have always felt normandy, as important as it is, has overshadowed the conflict in the east with all it's little loops and turns. Worth delving into.
Here's is another one. We were shipping tanks, sherman's, to the russians which all had thompson submachine guns inside. But no ammo.
so these nice thompsons ended up in a warehouse for many years, moved to croatia i believe a few years ago, then imported back into this country. Some ended up in arizona. I was at the place they ended up in arizona the day after the atf was there witnessing the torch cut of the guns. having done that they became parts kits, which you could get all the parts to a thompson, except the bad parts, basically brand new.
I find that fascinating the chain of events.
I find motivation something to look into as in support for hitler, or other types. I know my paternal name is an old one in germany and had a
"von" in front of it until 1918 when the nobility was abolished. There was certain benefits of having a "von" in your name that went away.
And that could be a reason in exploring the family connections, so many were supportive of adolph in wanting those benefits back.
I just recently inherited a 100 000 mark german bank note from memory 1923. Showed it to the kids, and said in the 20's a wheelbarrow of those would buy you a loaf of bread. And you wonder why hitler got support? The treaty of 1918 strangled germany, hitler offered an alternative and one of the things that documentary brought out was the active cooperation of native populations in the east helping the germans with the animosity towards jews, gypies, and other "undesireables." It also brought out to me what man is capable of doing, and even doing during the right circumstances here.
And, i have read, a couple of times, hitler's book, mein kamph. I seem to remember a email acquaintence telling me it was banned these days in germany. As is a bunch of other stuff, which is collectible here. People a long time ago should have more widely read it, hitler wasn't shy with his intentions.
prussia was zero'd out after the conclusin, official conclusion that is, of WWII. part of it in the west became part of poland, and in the east part of russia. I have been wasting my time exploring those old parts of prussia where i know family had land once upon a time, and what happened to it.
Memories last a long time which plays into a lot of this. A client of mine came into the office, an elderly lady. She said her kids thought her crazy, she wanted to move back to estonia. You see, when the germans came in, as a little girl she remembers being evacuated in a horse drawn cart. they came to america. She said now, the damn russians had her family house She wanted it back Needless to say, she was not fond of germans or russians.
It's another topic for another day, but those concentration camps went both ways. I personally know an elderly austrian woman, who as a young girl spent the war years in a camp for german outside of belgrade, in serbia, which is where she was born She got lucky and survived it

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/11/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr

The fact that the 6 million number is probably too high, matters not.

The fact that untold millions of other people died at the hands of people that were supposed to be our allies, matters not.

The fact that "our" side was every bit as dishonest and deceiving about events that happened, matters not.

There is too much evidence, fully documented, that shows that Jews were targeted by the Nazis for extermination.....sorry TRH, they were....but so were many other groups of people. The Nazis were ruthless, but not as much as the Soviets, who's record of putting people to death makes the Germans look like amateurs. Yet, because we won, the truth about civilian deaths has been hidden so as to allow the Jews to make sure that "theirs" is the only one that matters......and many of you fools on here have swallowed their story as the whole truth and nothing but.

james, i find myself agreeing with you through the months more times than not.
Uncle stalin was as much evil incarnate as was hitler.
The soviets did it the easy way, they just starved a bunch of people. The ukraine starts just a few miles away from my grandmother's place of birth in slovakia.

the germans had specially detailed troops following their army's to shoot or hang army personel they thought had run away, the russians did the same thing.
again, moving from the original topic, but related, we were not blameless either. I have talked personally to veteran's of the pacific talking about having contests in shooting shipwrecked japanese sailors in the water, considered kind of a game. But as one of them said, we won the war so we write the history books.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/11/19.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Arguably the most disastrous decision in recent world history was Wilson’s to enter WW I. Because of the American Declaration, the Germans knew that their only hope was to win before American troops arrived in enough numbers to swing the tide. The only way for them to do that was to knock Russia out of the war and bring those troops to the West. So, they put Lenin on a train to Russia just a few days after America declared war.

Possibly without America getting in the war there would have been no Communist Russia, no revolutions sweeping Europe, Germany could have held on for a negotiated peace, and the entire century since would have been completely different and better.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Arguably the most disastrous decision in recent world history was Wilson’s to enter WW I. Because of the American Declaration, the Germans knew that their only hope was to win before American troops arrived in enough numbers to swing the tide. The only way for them to do that was to knock Russia out of the war and bring those troops to the West. So, they put Lenin on a train to Russia just a few days after America declared war.

Possibly without America getting in the war there would have been no Communist Russia, no revolutions sweeping Europe, Germany could have held on for a negotiated peace, and the entire century since would have been completely different and better.

wilson is another one of my favorite buggers in history.

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,686
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.