Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I don't see the sense of comparing the allied bombing campaign to the attempted extermination of the Jews. While bombing cities is abhorrent, it is the way wars are conducted. Genocide, on the other hand, is in no way a component of warfare---and especially within your own borders. Definitely not apples to apples.

Why? Is it more moral to drop a bomb on a baby than to shoot him or gas him? Dead is dead right?

That does not merit a serious response. I'm pretty sure you understand English better than that.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't see the sense of comparing the allied bombing campaign to the attempted extermination of the Jews. While bombing cities is abhorrent, it is the way wars are conducted. Genocide, on the other hand, is in no way a component of warfare---and especially within your own borders. Definitely not apples to apples.

Why? Is it more moral to drop a bomb on a baby than to shoot him or gas him? Dead is dead right?

That does not merit a serious response. I'm pretty sure you understand English better than that.

So killing isn’t part of war?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While bombing cities is abhorrent, it is the way wars are conducted. Genocide, on the other hand, is in no way a component of warfare--
-and especially within your own borders. Definitely not apples to apples.

Genocide was first recognized in the context of war... the word was invented by Lemkin to describe atrocities against civilians under
Axis Rule in Occupied Europe (the title of his foundational 1944 book). As he described it, genocide was;

- “a concentrated and coordinated attack upon all the elements of nationhood among the various occupied peoples.
Genocide was a warlike campaign, occurring in the context of war, but fundamentally opposed to legitimate warfare" -

Wars of extermination occurred in ancient times and Middle Ages, with now the legitimate conception of war deemed as being
essentially limited to activities against armies and states.

Massacre and extermination [now modernly termed genocide], was a legitimate and not uncommon approach to warfare for millennia.

JB ,

they have trouble saying that they believe the Allies had a higher moral standing and good reason to bomb- incinerate
women and children in European and Japanese cities, ..even the French cities with no German occupation.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So killing isn't part of genocide?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave
TRH,

Your first video, and your adamant stance that it is credible, removes all credibility.

It's merely a citation to a book written in the 1980s containing a statement by a British sergeant who admits to torturing a confession from Rudolf Höss, and threatening reprisals against his family should he refuse to confess operating a death camp. You don't need to consider me a credible source for that to be persuasive.

LMAO.

Now you don't speak english?

The old saw about being able to lead a horse to water but not being able to make him drink is proven out by your responses, Travis.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Genocide is just war by another name.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sawbuck
[Linked Image]

The Soviets, as they were wont to do, altered that image for propaganda purposes The blocking out of the breasts was done much more recently for the purpose of posting the image online.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is falsehood.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

For millennia there was no such thing known as 'genocide', waring armies targeted and killed civilian populations
along with military combatants as part of regular and widely accepted war strategy.

Come 1944, Raphael Lemkin created the term genocide in his book 'Axis Rule in Occupied Europe'

so the actions of Einsatzgruppen in Poland since 1939 and then the Eastern campaign, only later came
to be known as genocide.

Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Targeting ONLY innocent civilians, civilians in the “care and custody” of the military is a crime

and the Germans turned that into an art form.

Germany didn't only target civilians when entering Poland and didn't only target civilians in the Eastern Front campaign.

The small number of Einsatzgruppen security forces had their job to do while the army with millions of men did theirs.

1.5 million Germans swept into Poland, and 3.8 Million men began the Eastern offensive.

all those millions 'targeting ONLY innocent civilians'..?...where did you learn this?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

One more time, TRH:

Originally Posted by joken2

Another must see, barred from YouTube: Here

Asking this question gain, TRH... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/13890924/re-germany-wwii#Post13890924

One serious question, TRH:

Do you teach and/or promote in any way your personal Holocaust denier, antisemitic opinions and reference these sources where you get your information to your young students in or outside of school hours?

Do you teach and/or promote in any way your personal Holocaust denier, antisemitic opinions and reference these sources where you get your information to your young students in or outside of school hours?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
they have trouble saying that they believe the Allies had a higher moral standing and good reason to bomb- incinerate
women and children in European and Japanese cities, ..even the French cities with no German occupation.

Most of us have grown up believing that WW2 was not just the Allies versus the Axis, but good against evil. While we've all heard about the bad things the Germans and the Japanese did, and make no mistake about it, they did, we've been led to believe that our side was like the knight in shining armor, who rode to the rescue. While the history books are full of what the Axis powers did to innocent civilians, there's nary a word about anything the Allies did, and there are reasons for that.

We can blame the Germans for killing Jews and anyone else they didn't like, and say it was wrong. But, we just can't bring ourselves to say that our practice of "strategic" bombing resulted in the killing of thousands of civilians who were every bit as innocent as those civilians the Nazis were killing.

My biggest complaint about all of this has been the fact that the sins of Stalin and the Soviets have been swept under the rug, because they were on our side, and are rarely mentioned, while we are constantly reminded that we can't say anything negative about the Holocaust. There are a good many posters on here who will jump all over anyone who questions the account of the Holocaust, yet remain totally mum about ole Joe Stalin and what he did.......and it is pretty well documented that we KNEW what he was doing.

This is one of those things that we all have differing opinions about, as to what did or didn't happen, and whether it can be considered right or wrong. I don't see anyone changing anyone else's mind.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Most of us have grown up believing that WW2 was not just the Allies versus the Axis, but good against evil. While we've all heard about the bad things the Germans and the Japanese did, and make no mistake about it, they did, we've been led to believe that our side was like the knight in shining armor, who rode to the rescue. While the history books are full of what the Axis powers did to innocent civilians, there's nary a word about anything the Allies did, and there are reasons for that.

We can blame the Germans for killing Jews and anyone else they didn't like, and say it was wrong. But, we just can't bring ourselves to say that our practice of "strategic" bombing resulted in the killing of thousands of civilians who were every bit as innocent as those civilians the Nazis were killing.

My biggest complaint about all of this has been the fact that the sins of Stalin and the Soviets have been swept under the rug, because they were on our side, and are rarely mentioned, while we are constantly reminded that we can't say anything negative about the Holocaust. There are a good many posters on here who will jump all over anyone who questions the account of the Holocaust, yet remain totally mum about ole Joe Stalin and what he did.......and it is pretty well documented that we KNEW what he was doing.

This is one of those things that we all have differing opinions about, as to what did or didn't happen, and whether it can be considered right or wrong. I don't see anyone changing anyone else's mind.
Don't forget Ike, who murdered millions of Germans after the war, about a million by trapping German POWs inside an outdoor barbed wire enclosure till they died of disease, starvation, exposure, and dehydration, while food, potable water, shelter, and medicine was in overabundant supply. This was intentional murder, while over 95% of the US, French, and British, POWs held by the Germans survived the war due to the Germans sticking meticulously to the Geneva Convention.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't forget Ike, who murdered millions of Germans after the war, about a million by trapping German POWs inside an outdoor barbed wire enclosure till they died of disease, starvation, exposure, and dehydration, while food, potable water, shelter, and medicine was in overabundant supply. This was intentional murder, while over 95% of the US POWs held by the Germans survived the war due to the Germans sticking meticulously to the Geneva Convention.

After the war ended, we also turned over thousands of Germans, as well as people who had fled from the Soviets, back to the Soviets, and justified it because we'd made a deal how we'd handle postwar Europe. We did this, even though we knew what the fate of those people would be. Yep, the good ole United States willingly sent people to their deaths just so we could please Stalin.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Can you believe YouTube deleted David Cole's documentary on Auschwitz? Someone else reposted it under a different title, however, that doesn't mention David Cole, so the ADL's AI algorithms haven't detected it yet for deletion. Watch it before the ADL discovers this copy of it and deletes it once again.

If nobody has watched this, you need to.

It's funny, as fugk.

TRH think it's definitive proof of something.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ANYBODY that thinks the Holocaust didn't happen pretty much as advertised either has an agenda, has no clue as to the efficiency, ingenuity of the Germans or is a fuggin' moron. i've been privy to official captured German documents cataloging deaths almost to the exact number, particularly in the camps and dissected by many different categories, not just jews. homos, gypsies, retards, etc. I don't have the exact number in my head, but the figures I saw were around the 5.8 million and change mark. The Holocaust was a sideshow of the horror show that was this war that in the end, we (the West) really came out on the losing end of the stick Hell, Stalin took and held most of Europe until the 90s not to mention the dozens of proxy wars all over the globe and trillions spent in blood and treasure.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The old saw about being able to lead a horse to water but not being able to make him drink is proven out by your responses, Travis.

Yeah I wish I could be more open minded.

I might believe in shape shifting too.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

After the war ended, we also turned over thousands of Germans, as well as people who had fled from the Soviets, back to the Soviets, and justified it because we'd made a deal how we'd handle postwar Europe. We did this, even though we knew what the fate of those people would be. Yep, the good ole United States willingly sent people to their deaths just so we could please Stalin.

Who gives a fugk?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sawbuck
[Linked Image]

The Soviets, as they were wont to do, altered that image for propaganda purposes The blocking out of the breasts was done much more recently for the purpose of posting the image online.

[Linked Image]

Yeah I'm sure there weren't any incriminating photos of German soldiers to be found post-WWII.

They had to be doctored because most of the Wehrmacht just marched around handing out schnitzels and sauerkraut for five years.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Same question again, TRH...

One more time, TRH:

Another must see, barred from YouTube: Here

Asking this question gain, TRH... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/13890924/re-germany-wwii#Post13890924

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Gen. Curtis E. LeMay: There are no innocent civilians. It is their government and you are fighting a people, you are not trying to fight an armed force anymore. So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.