Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hey, this is a serious scope thread, knock it off!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No serious Optics thread can be completed without a dick-measuring contest.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
No serious Optics thread can be completed without a dick-measuring contest.

TruDat!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny that optics and dick measuring seem to go together, isn't it?
grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Looking at the bright side, being optimistic....

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Jason,
Those here that know me know that I am no "sponsor trying to play facilitator between consumer and manufacturer".

Either I'll report back with seemingly positive feedback from Leupold or an OH Well, they don't give a sh-t and it'll be as it's been. I'd like to believe that they'll be recognition.

Doug,

I'm looking forward to your report. What is the status of the feedback from Leupold?

Thanks,

Jason

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Bueller?"......."...Bueller?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Jason,
Those here that know me know that I am no "sponsor trying to play facilitator between consumer and manufacturer".

Either I'll report back with seemingly positive feedback from Leupold or an OH Well, they don't give a sh-t and it'll be as it's been. I'd like to believe that they'll be recognition.

Doug,

I'm looking forward to your report. What is the status of the feedback from Leupold?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason

I believe Doug will open a new thread when he hears from them.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Leupold has been hard up against it for a long time... Chinese counterfeits (sold cheap at gun shows) have trashed Leupold's reputation without the idiots (that are buying the counterfeits even knowing they weren't actually Leopolds).

Years ago there was a Swap Meet called Shomeys in Middleton Ohio... many things on display and many things "wink and nod" behind the table...

Anyway, one day... plain closed FBI came into the show... quietly proceeded to all the exits and secured the perimeter...

THEN they announced themselves...

All the vendors kicking stuff into bags under the tables etc.

They went to ONE VENDOR ONLY... a guy selling $20 Roloxs (i.e. counterfeit Rolexs)... took him away in cuff... took all his stuff.

Seems Rolex had had just about enough.

---------------------------

I gather from the scuttlebutt that Rolex had put out a bounty (AND OVERTIME PAY) on such vendors...

Kinda felt sorry for the guy... everybody knew his stuff was Rolox (even spelled that way).

China manufacturing can clone about anything... that is also a killer. And at $5 a day on labor (or whatever it is) damn hard for anyone to compete.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Leupold has been hard up against it for a long time... Chinese counterfeits (sold cheap at gun shows) have trashed Leupold's reputation without the idiots (that are buying the counterfeits even knowing they weren't actually Leopolds).

Years ago there was a Swap Meet called Shomeys in Middleton Ohio... many things on display and many things "wink and nod" behind the table...

Anyway, one day... plain closed FBI came into the show... quietly proceeded to all the exits and secured the perimeter...

They went to ONE VENDOR ONLY... a guy selling $20 Roloxs (i.e. counterfeit Rolexs)... took him away in cuff... took all his stuff.

I gather from the scuttlebutt that Rolex had put out a bounty (AND OVERTIME PAY) on such vendors...

Kinda felt sorry for the guy... everybody knew his stuff was Rolox (even spelled that way).

China manufacturing can clone about anything... that is also a killer. And at $5 a day on labor (or whatever it is) damn hard for anyone to compete.

The least of Leupolds problems are counterfeit scopes, their main problem is that put junk internal components into what would otherwise be a good scope!

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'ts not Leupy's fault there are Chinese counterfeits being made. A few years ago when Zen Ray had it's high end spotter, the eyepiece they made for it was a dead ringer for Swaro's 82ED eyepiece....they were interchangeable. I highly doubt Swaro like that very much. The Chinese basically dare you to do anything about it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As far as China goes, just knock them back into the 7th century. Might even be able to pull that off with a Leupold scope.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'ts not Leupy's fault there are Chinese counterfeits being made. A few years ago when Zen Ray had it's high end spotter, the eyepiece they made for it was a dead ringer for Swaro's 82ED eyepiece....they were interchangeable. I highly doubt Swaro like that very much. The Chinese basically dare you to do anything about it.

I use Vortex 1st gen razor eyepieces on my Swaro spotters.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I didn't know they would fit too. I doubt Swaro signed off on that either though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't know they would fit too. I doubt Swaro signed off on that either though.

Swaro has locked up all common thread sizes and pitches?

Shaking my head...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Having trouble finding anything on this and have several problems with the tale...

First, Rolex does not own "Rolox" just because they make a similar name. There are MANY products in many categories with similar names for that obvious reason and many are done to obfuscate openly. I find to hard to imagine what they could possibly charge the vendor with. I find no references on the internet to "Rolox", etc. Do you have a link or reference to this?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
For 20+ years I was a diehard Leupold supporter using them on all of my rifle builds with great results. Dating back to 2016, four of the last seven Leupold scopes purchased among the group of guys that I shoot with came out of the box not working or broke within the first several range sessions. All were purchased through the Leupold Govt/Mil program except for one which came from Cabelas. The issues included:

1. MK4 6.5-20: Erector assembly non-functional on first use.

2. VX5 3-15: Elevation and windage non-functional on first use. For example 4 clicks up and 4 clicks right would move the POI 7 inches up and 2 inches right. Next adjustment was equally as random.

3. VX3I 3-5-10: Elevation knob non-functional on first use. Extremely difficult to turn and not enough adjustment to available to zero at 50m.

4. MK AR 6-18: Internal seal failed somewhere and scope turned yellow on 3rd or 4th range session on a 223.

Given the frustration of these events, I have all but given up on Leupold and gone to Swarovski and Steiner for my recent purchases. I will say that in all fairness, on a recent trip to Africa, the only two scopes that maintained their zero on the two-day trip were both older VariX-3s; all others, including Z8 Swarovsks and S&B Ultra Shorts were off by a couple inches during sight in. I WANT to buy a 3.6-18 MK5 but I just don't trust the performance enough to risk the results of a hunt on a new Leupold. Fix the guts and bring back the options for custom shop reticles on the higher end models and win back people like me....

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Swaro has locked up all common thread sizes and pitches?

Shaking my head...

There's a bit more to it than thread pitch.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There may not be threads at all. My Minox spotter doesn't use threads to hold the eyepiece.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
There may not be threads at all. My Minox spotter doesn't use threads to hold the eyepiece.

Correct. It's just a simple quick-release mechanism.

Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,848
Posts18,496,958
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.