Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I didn't know they would fit too. I doubt Swaro signed off on that either though.

Swaro has locked up all common thread sizes and pitches?

Shaking my head...

There's a bit more to it than thread pitch.

No kidding? Point is there is no lock on basic machining patterns especially when industry standards cause same diameter tubes to be used.

I suppose you think Mossberg has to pay Remington when they make 870 barrels or optics manufacturers have to pay when they make eyepieces to fit other brands.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by mathman
There may not be threads at all. My Minox spotter doesn't use threads to hold the eyepiece.

Correct. It's just a simple quick-release mechanism.

Like camera lens manufacturers making lenses to fit a wide range of camera bodies, makes and models...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't see why mfg A can't make parts to fit mfg B's scope body as long as no brand misrepresentation is made.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't see why mfg A can't make parts to fit mfg B's scope body as long as no brand misrepresentation is made.

Well, I'm not the professional arguer that SD is, but I can tell you Swaro won't stand for some other entity making parts for Swaro optics. An even better example of this is when Nikon introduced the fantastic Nikon EDG binocular, open hinge model with two hinges. Swaro got out of sorts about a glass being so closely manufactured to it's newly patented (at that time) Swarovision dual open hinge design and raised so much hell about it that Nikon had to do a redesign and make the EDGII a closed/single hinge design with the same optics.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/13/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Well, I'm not the professional arguer that SD is, but I can tell you Swaro won't stand for some other entity making parts for Swaro optics. An even better example of this is when Nikon introduced the fantastic Nikon EDG binocular, open hinge model with two hinges. Swaro got out of sorts about a glass being so closely manufactured to it's newly patented (at that time) Swarovision dual open hinge design and raised so much hell about it that Nikon had to do a redesign and make the EDGII a closed/single hinge design with the same optics.

Captain Obvious,
There is a huge difference between impinging on a patent and making aftermarket parts for something on the open market. Copying another design up to patent limits is SOP worldwide.

It is easy to win an argument when the other side cannot dispute the very basic points.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
What if Swaro's eyepeice is patented?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
One could make an eyepiece that attaches just fine but uses different design details.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IceCut
Originally Posted by Beaver10
[quote=irfubar][quote=Beaver10][quote=irfubar][quote=AlaskaCub][quote=IceCut]
Irfubar,
Nice "fai

[/quote

Ok, I’m serious...Big hairy bush or brush terrifies me...There’s death to be had in both those dark places.

You fugks have been warned. 😎

What’s ICECUBE really know? He’s still trying to pass the shooting test he asked me to give him...Offhand at 600 yards with a magnum, my ass...SMH and Laffin...

Wait a minute....a guy who self-identifies with a BEAVER is scared of a "Big Hairy Bush".....Bizarre....maybe the little Beav is suffering from "vagina dentata phobia"......or, maybe the little guy is just terrified of sow grizzlies......hard to tell what goes on in that little beav's head......

And I thought I had Vanilla Icecube on ignore?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Swaro became a little unhinged when Meopta R2 was introduced as well.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Leupold makes an awesome Firedot! Wish SWFA would copy that biotch into the center of a MilQuad 3-9!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Leupold makes an awesome Firedot! Wish SWFA would copy that biotch into the center of a MilQuad 3-9!

True Dat!

Combined with the Wind Plex, it's an awesome reticle. To my eyes and brain anyway.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't have a scope that isn't a Leupold. Never have had an issue with them. Hope I never do.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I'd like to thank all of you who contributed to this thread. I have been forwarding the constructive posts to some of the higher ups at Leupold and will follow up next week with a conference call. I appreciate the input.

Well that will only fix part of the problem then. I appreciate the effort but why cherry pick what you send them. It doesn't fix the problems if you send 1/2 the issues.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
I'd like to thank all of you who contributed to this thread. I have been forwarding the constructive posts to some of the higher ups at Leupold and will follow up next week with a conference call. I appreciate the input.

Well that will only fix part of the problem then. I appreciate the effort but why cherry pick what you send them. It doesn't fix the problems if you send 1/2 the issues.

You think they really want to read about dick measuring posts? A lot of guys jumped on this thread just to ramble, don’t see how Leupold needs to read that garbage.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

True Dat!

Combined with the Wind Plex, it's an awesome reticle. To my eyes and brain anyway.

Now we are on to something there... Maybe SWFA should get out their note pad and start writing some of this chit down...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't have a scope that isn't a Leupold. Never have had an issue with them. Hope I never do.

I’m loving the vx3 2.5-8x36 I just zeroed on a Kimber Montana . Haters gonna hate

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

You think they really want to read about dick measuring posts? A lot of guys jumped on this thread just to ramble, don’t see how Leupold needs to read that garbage.

+ 1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

That is broadly correct.

You can not copy protected intellectual property. Anything that is not protected is fair game.

Protected IP is things like patents, copyright and trademarks. The rest of it, is know-how, so if you are smart enough to reverse engineer it and make it fit, you can make stuff all you want.

Whether that is a good business practice or not is an argument we can have, but from a legal standpoint, it is perfectly legit.

With bayonet mount on the spotting scope eyepiece, there is no IP protection I am aware of. Swarovski may not like it very much that there are eyepieces out there which fit they spotters, but there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.

ILya

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like I spent hours reading this post most of it does nothing to help leupold and american company work on its issues. I was a fan boy for years and never had issues but of late I had issues with there scopes holding zero , not tracking correctly and over all durability. A durable scope that dials correctly with a windplex reticle thats aluminated would sell at least to me.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
Seems like I spent hours reading this post most of it does nothing to help leupold and american company work on its issues. I was a fan boy for years and never had issues but of late I had issues with there scopes holding zero , not tracking correctly and over all durability. A durable scope that dials correctly with a windplex reticle thats aluminated would sell at least to me.

I thought they had alloy tubes? Not sure aluminated is more better.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,290
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.