Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JGRaider
GregW, I googled Blackheart, and this popped up....

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence As described by social psychologists, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability.

LOL, the old-fashioed way would've been to dust off the Webster's and Look up "Dumbass."
I did. There was a picture of your stupid lookin little old man ass in there. Complete with the dorky doo rag. Then I looked up "imbecile" and darned if there wasn't a pic of a guy with a goofy little rat face and big Dumbo ears.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, you go, girl.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JGRaider
GregW, I googled Blackheart, and this popped up....

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence As described by social psychologists, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability.

LOL, the old-fashioed way would've been to dust off the Webster's and Look up "Dumbass."

Hehehehehehe...........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They must have a newer version out. When i googled Blackheart , it said someone who only hunts with a guide.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to stand with Kellory on this one. A letter of permission is nowadays a requirement in Ohio. In KY, it can be verbal.

LANDOWNER PERMISSION

A person shall not enter upon the lands of another to shoot, hunt, trap, fish or for other wildlife-related recre-ational purposes without the verbal or written permission of the landowner, tenant, or person who has authority to grant permission. Those who fail to obtain permission are subject to arrest and prosecution.Railroad tracks and rights-of-way are privately owned property and per-mission to hunt, trap or fish must be ob-tained prior to entry.Landowners are under no obliga-tion to allow hunters to retrieve game or hunting dogs from their property

As a landowner, I'm pleased with this state of affairs. I limit access to just my family and a few friends. It isn't about hoarding all the big bucks either. It's about safety. We all know where we are going to be hunting. We all know when the others in our party are moving and where they are going. If a poacher were to get on the property during one of our hunts, there could be grief. I was on my way out with Mooseboy to go turkey hunting one day, and got sprayed by a poacher shooting at turkeys in the middle of our property. The poacher had been told to stay off already.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You can't handle the truth. Talk about miserable pieces of shyt. Idiot.

Blackie

When YOU are the minority of ONE, everybody else is not WRONG ! thinkaboutit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now what does this subject have to do with " Why so much tactical stuff ? "

confused confused smirk smirk

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shaman
I have to stand with Kellory on this one. A letter of permission is nowadays a requirement in Ohio. In KY, it can be verbal.

LANDOWNER PERMISSION

A person shall not enter upon the lands of another to shoot, hunt, trap, fish or for other wildlife-related recre-ational purposes without the verbal or written permission of the landowner, tenant, or person who has authority to grant permission. Those who fail to obtain permission are subject to arrest and prosecution.Railroad tracks and rights-of-way are privately owned property and per-mission to hunt, trap or fish must be ob-tained prior to entry.Landowners are under no obliga-tion to allow hunters to retrieve game or hunting dogs from their property

As a landowner, I'm pleased with this state of affairs. I limit access to just my family and a few friends. It isn't about hoarding all the big bucks either. It's about safety. We all know where we are going to be hunting. We all know when the others in our party are moving and where they are going. If a poacher were to get on the property during one of our hunts, there could be grief. I was on my way out with Mooseboy to go turkey hunting one day, and got sprayed by a poacher shooting at turkeys in the middle of our property. The poacher had been told to stay off already.

No need to explain yourself on this topic. It's your land, and nobody else's business.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting thread here.

I have my own take and I'm pretty sure it's as unique as everyone else's.

I always preferred blue and walnut like the rifles I saw in our gunracks from the early 60s on. These days I think it reminds me of cherished folks who are long gone. In the early 2000s I bought a couple of synthetic stocked rifles and came to appreciate those more when I found I could use them to beat my way through thick brush with them without damaging their aesthetic appeal. I now have synthetics on about 80% of my rifles, but I still love the look of nicely proportioned walnut stocks.

Whatever is meant by "tactical," I don't think it matters much. A rifle is a rifle and whatever a guy chooses to tote is just fine with me. Some of them, I would not and no one is trying to coerce me into carrying one as far as I can tell.

Personally, I'm not interested in the long range game as it is played. I don't care about hitting an MOA-sized target at 1500 yards. How far can I hit a large cantaloupe? That DOES interest me because it has practical application.

Why all the surge in popularity in "tactical" or long range shooting...I think there are a lit of correct answers and some of it is very practical, I'm sure, and some of it is downright silly. Just depends on the person. I know there are serious and capable shooters who can take out a critter from 800 yards, and that's their gig. More power to em. I know there are also goofball wannabes who don't know anything other than what they've been told by their buddies and who should not be carrying a rifle in the woods. I think a lot of the trend is powered by a few things, like all the warfare we've been engaged in the last 17 years, or maybe even back to Desert Storm in '91. The last few decades have also seen the rise in "extreme sports" where guys are trying stuff that no one would have even attempted in the 1960s. Then there's just the natural progression of technology that has revolutionized consumerism anywhere you look.

I first fired an AR15 in the early 80s and it didn't really interest me. I finally owned one in the late 90s and didn't keep it long. Then I bought another around 2005, mostly because I knew the marxist left didn't want me to have it. Then ever so slowly as the accuracy potential of these became more widely known, that single AR cloned itself. Then I discovered how useful an AR can be for slaughtering pigs, and my ARs began to multiply just like those pigs. It's a very interesting platform and its modular nature makes it very adaptable.

Everyone's perspective on shooting and hunting is probably unique. If the two sports are going to survive, we'd best adopt a more tolerant outlook on those who want to do it in a way different from our own. By all means, let's encourage and promote safety and stop being so damned judgemental when it comes to tools and venues.

That's MY penny's worth.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Everyone's perspective on shooting and hunting is probably unique. If the two sports are going to survive, we'd best adopt a more tolerant outlook on those who want to do it in a way different from our own. By all means, let's encourage and promote safety and stop being so damned judgemental when it comes to tools and venues.

RiverRider has said it best ! so have fun and be safe,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I love a nice walnut stock rifle with rust blueing.I bought my first AR about 30 years ago because the PC crowd did not want me to have one.Then I found out how accurate a heavy barreled varmint AR could be.The perfect Prairie Rat gun.I have RRA 223 Wylde and 20 Practical that can shoot in the 3s with no problem.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jwall
You can't handle the truth. Talk about miserable pieces of shyt. Idiot.

Blackie

When YOU are the minority of ONE, everybody else is not WRONG ! thinkaboutit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now what does this subject have to do with " Why so much tactical stuff ? "

confused confused smirk smirk

Large groups of people are wrong all the time. It's the herd mentality and inability to take blame where it's due. One need look no further than any large city and the democrat/liberal mindset. Those folks are never wrong. Just ask them. I have watched the large scale posting of land here over my lifetime with my own eyes and have heard all the reasons/excuses for it over and over. In more than one case I saw guys who hunted my grandfathers property for years buy land of their own and immediately post it and refuse permission to anyone outside their own family. A fine way to pay back the generosity they were shown when they had no land of their own.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a reason why more and more property owners are not allowing access is due to legal and liability concerns.

People by and large these days do not have personal responsibility. We live in a litigious society. Something goes wrong, people want to shift the blame to someone else and are more than happy to go to court.

As a property owner, you definitely need to be concerned and conscious of the possible legal liability that would result if someone gets hurt on your land. Doesn't really matter if you have a signed waiver stating landowner has no responsibility/liability for accidents. Lawyers will still take you to court. Who needs that headache?

In addition, many people these days have no respect for others and their property. Trashing up the place, bringing in friends and family, unsafe shooting/hunting practices.... list goes on. Not surprising why more and more land is posted.

I own hunting property here in Texas and also in northern Missouri. Aside from immediately family and an occasional guest that's with me, I don't allow others to hunt my land. Period.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I think a reason why more and more property owners are not allowing access is due to legal and liability concerns.

People by and large these days do not have personal responsibility. We live in a litigious society. Something goes wrong, people want to shift the blame to someone else and are more than happy to go to court.

As a property owner, you definitely need to be concerned and conscious of the possible legal liability that would result if someone gets hurt on your land. Doesn't really matter if you have a signed waiver stating landowner has no responsibility/liability for accidents. Lawyers will still take you to court. Who needs that headache?
That reason holds absolutely no water in NYS. There is a LAW here that clearly states a landowner cannot be held liable for any injury/damages incurred by anyone given permission to hunt their land. That law DOES NOT APPLY to landowners who charge for access and they can be held liable for injury/damages.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman

LANDOWNER PERMISSION

Agreed. When we hunt as a group, we all know where each member will be, and his field of fire. We use aerial maps of the property to make sure this is clear.
Any unknown shooter on the property is by definition, a loose cannon, and can do more harm than good.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Who's land did you guys hunt on when you were young ? When I started there was unposted private property all over the place to hunt and yes I hunted it. So did a lot of other selfish pricks who now have property of their own and won't let anybody hunt other than family or close friends. It's no wonder young folks aren't getting into the sport these days. You want to know why ? Just look in the mirror.

God forbid a man buys himself some land and doesn’t let every swinging dick on it as they see fit. No need to help pay taxes, help maintain the land or give anything back to the man who pays those bills.

I guess all private landowners are a bunch of selfish ässholes. 🙄

More likely they are just tired of free losers trashing their land and I don’t blame them. Funny you talk about having trouble getting access to private lands to hunt as I haven’t had that problem. Of course I always say thank you, offer to help out around the place and always send a thank you card and a gift after the fact. Funny enough I have always been welcomed back and formed solid friendships with many of these folks.

Just got back a few weeks ago from a great permit spring bear hunt here in WA where I had the run of several thousand acres of private posted land chock full of bears. Hell the land owners bought US pizza and beer one night, chopped brisket and sides the next and steak and taters another night!

I got home and promptly sent a thank you card with gift cards for the lady of the ranch to have a spa day with her friend and the man of the house got a new pair of Meopta 10x42’s as he’s a typical farmer and won’t spend money on good glass.

Got a heartfelt thanks for my generosity and an invite back any time I want. Guess it helps to give back to the farmers and nurture those relationships.

Probably a lesson/clue for you in my post somewhere but I doubt you’ll ever learn it
Geezus you're as stupid as these other jackwagons on here. I never said I have trouble getting permission to hunt on private land you idiot. In fact I have permission on several tracts spanning 6 Counties in upstate NY. [b]I also have several million acres of State land to hunt here and I'm no stranger to it. Who's land did you hunt on when you first started out ?
[/b]

What’s your bitch? Several million acres of State land you can hunt...Hunt away and be happy without the taste of sour wine on your breath...

I hunt 80% diy BLM land...20% Private land with diy accessibility to all with a willingness to hike in to hunt the property.

Private land only has an appeal to me for upland bird or varmint hunting...Like Mallard pointedly posted. I too never had a problem cultivating relationships with land owners. I show appreciation to them with my wallet and well thought out gifting of hunting gear or smoked fish that isn’t easily obtained in their part of the State.

Try being nice to a land owner for a change...SMFH 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dude, it's Blackheart....

There's a bitch and woe is me somewhere....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Who's land did you guys hunt on when you were young ? When I started there was unposted private property all over the place to hunt and yes I hunted it. So did a lot of other selfish pricks who now have property of their own and won't let anybody hunt other than family or close friends. It's no wonder young folks aren't getting into the sport these days. You want to know why ? Just look in the mirror.

God forbid a man buys himself some land and doesn’t let every swinging dick on it as they see fit. No need to help pay taxes, help maintain the land or give anything back to the man who pays those bills.

I guess all private landowners are a bunch of selfish ässholes. 🙄

More likely they are just tired of free losers trashing their land and I don’t blame them. Funny you talk about having trouble getting access to private lands to hunt as I haven’t had that problem. Of course I always say thank you, offer to help out around the place and always send a thank you card and a gift after the fact. Funny enough I have always been welcomed back and formed solid friendships with many of these folks.

Just got back a few weeks ago from a great permit spring bear hunt here in WA where I had the run of several thousand acres of private posted land chock full of bears. Hell the land owners bought US pizza and beer one night, chopped brisket and sides the next and steak and taters another night!

I got home and promptly sent a thank you card with gift cards for the lady of the ranch to have a spa day with her friend and the man of the house got a new pair of Meopta 10x42’s as he’s a typical farmer and won’t spend money on good glass.

Got a heartfelt thanks for my generosity and an invite back any time I want. Guess it helps to give back to the farmers and nurture those relationships.

Probably a lesson/clue for you in my post somewhere but I doubt you’ll ever learn it
Geezus you're as stupid as these other jackwagons on here. I never said I have trouble getting permission to hunt on private land you idiot. In fact I have permission on several tracts spanning 6 Counties in upstate NY. [b]I also have several million acres of State land to hunt here and I'm no stranger to it. Who's land did you hunt on when you first started out ?
[/b]

What’s your bitch? Several million acres of State land you can hunt...Hunt away and be happy without the taste of sour wine on your breath...

I hunt 80% diy BLM land...20% Private land with diy accessibility to all with a willingness to hike in to hunt the property.

Private land only has an appeal to me for upland bird or varmint hunting...Like Mallard pointedly posted. I too never had a problem cultivating relationships with land owners. I show appreciation to them with my wallet and well thought out gifting of hunting gear or smoked fish that isn’t easily obtained in their part of the State.

Try being nice to a land owner for a change...SMFH 😎

And yet another mouthy dumbass speaks without reading the whole thread. Either that or you're just too stupid to understand what was written. Which is it ? Don't be shy. It's not a sin to be dumb.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yup....

There he or she is right on cue ..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GregW
Dude, it's Blackheart....

There's a bitch and woe is me somewhere....
You suck a mean ass.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm telling you guys...........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (21, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.