Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Its not paranoia, its creating boundaries and expecting other people to honor them and if they don't then they get the hammer so to speak.

Yes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I wear this when taking my grandkid out and that pretty much solves any issues especially when I crank my head around at you.

[Linked Image]

LMFAO.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

You're not the first one to be butt hurt over it.

That's why I posted the PSA.

I'm not butt hurt about anything, sport because I don't talk to other people's kids. But I've known a few older folks, mostly like someone else said older ladies who did. Including my late mother-in-law who was one of the sweetest, gentlest people you could know.

And I don't care what she did, if you had told her to "fugg off" in my presence I wouldn't have been the one to be butt hurt.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has its own je ne sais quoi .

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

If you can teach a kid not to talk to strangers, then you can teach a child the difference in doing so with or without a parent near by.

Wrong.

That is your opinion, my three daughters knew the difference between being with a parent and being alone, until they know the difference, they should never be alone.

I guess you wan't your kids growing up in total fear? I chose teaching my kids to be smart, if they are too young to be that, then they are too young to be alone.

Funny thing, I have interacted with kids a hundred times, never once have I sensed a parent angry or concerned.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would you want to? Heck, I can barely tolerate my own children and can't stand other peoples. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More than ten times I have come across young cub scouts or girl scouts, with a parent, selling cookies out front of a store, I stop and talk with them a few minutes, tell them about when I was a cub scout..is that OK?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Well there are enough out there who are predators to scare the hell out of me.

Teachable moments:

Momma and I were in the local Walmart grabbing some groceries about fifteen years ago. We saw our oldest daughter with her two girls at the other end of the store, and headed that way to say hi and get some grandkid hugs from the three and 1 1/2 year old girls.

When we got to where the girls' grocery cart was, our daughter was about six feet away looking at items on the shelf. I lifted the eighteen month old toddler out of her seat in the grocery cart and stepped almost out of sight around the end of the isle

If the look of sheer terror on our daughters face when she finally looked back at her cart was any indication, she probably never turned her back on the girls again.

No, it was not funny. And I was not laughing. I only let her panic for 1/2 second or so before I stepped out with her daughter. But she understood, it could have been anybody.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole

You're not the first one to be butt hurt over it.

That's why I posted the PSA.

I'm not butt hurt about anything, sport because I don't talk to other people's kids. But I've known a few older folks, mostly like someone else said older ladies who did. Including my late mother-in-law who was one of the sweetest, gentlest people you could know.

And I don't care what she did, if you had told her to "fugg off" in my presence I wouldn't have been the one to be butt hurt.

Yes. I'm sure you could kick my ass.

Awesome.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
i See where Flave is coming from. Better to be safe than sorry these days. It’s a different world out there, half the country is medicated.

I taught my kids the same. I even taught my daughters to say “daddy has a 45”.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
More than ten times I have come across young cub scouts or girl scouts, with a parent, selling cookies out front of a store, I stop and talk with them a few minutes, tell them about when I was a cub scout..is that OK?

Depends on their age and maturity of the kid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen
Why would you want to? Heck, I can barely tolerate my own children and can't stand other peoples. crazy

I like kids, teens not so much. I talk to my neighbor's kids, they don't seem to mind. Just the other say I paid the six your old girl next door $5 to load five palm branches into my truck...she was very proud of herself for earning that $5

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by skeen

^^^Normal response.^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WRONG, it depends on their age or whether or not they are with a parent.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Can we get a PSA about old dudes talking next to you at the urinal?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

That is your opinion, my three daughters knew the difference between being with a parent and being alone, until they know the difference, they should never be alone.

I guess you wan't your kids growing up in total fear? I chose teaching my kids to be smart, if they are too young to be that, then they are too young to be alone.

Funny thing, I have interacted with kids a hundred times, never once have I sensed a parent angry or concerned.

You're not the first to be butt hurt over it.

That's why I posted what I posted.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Can we get a PSA about old dudes talking next to you at the urinal?

They must like what they seein' peein'.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
yesterday evening we had a family with 5 small kids come up to look at the fish we had hanged for pics at the marina. the kids had all kinds of questions about the fish, we had the dad get his cooler and gave him 4 nice snapper. i don't normally talk to kids i don't know except a hi if they wave or say hi.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WRONG, it depends on their age or whether or not they are with a parent.

You're not the first to be butt hurt over it.

That's why I posted what I posted.

Butt hurt, do I sound butt hurt just bbecause I disagree with you?
Which brings us to this point, who are you to be posting PSA's, stating your opinion does not make it right.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Just know that any kids that are old enough to grasp the conversation more than likely rolled their eyes and talked about you as soon as you walked away.

Old dude with new balances “back when I was in the scouts we didn’t have a Walmart we had to go door to door”

13 year old number 1: can’t believe he only bought 1 box after telling us that story”

13 year old number 2: yeah and he smelled like my grandpa

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,011
Posts18,500,261
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.