-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is the podcast available online (IE not iTunes)?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Much of this demonstrates that the “Big Stick” nasty virus is spreading.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Fix the internals.

Tracking sucks, adjustments suck

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks!

IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was a good podcast. He answered my question about measuring reticle position while simulating thousands of recoils. But the podcast is a marketing spiel, not a critical discussion. I really enjoy Newburg, but I know I will never hear a critical word about a Leupold from him. Nature of sponsorships. If he has a scope not track I won’t hear about that. I wonder if his scopes even see that much use given he may get new scopes on some recurring basis? Again, not a knock on him or Leupold, just the nature of that business. The same goes for any other sponsored hunter and any other brand. In all likelihood I could take a Leupold hunting after a few hundred shots and it would be fine. I’m worried what happens shooting, or on a hunting trip, a couple years down the line after thousands of shots. That’s one place I was bit.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Randy's podcast changed my mind. The numerous failures I've experienced mean nothing. I am back in the Leupold camp. Thanks for getting that cleared up Randy.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought a Freedom Rimfire 3-9 about three weeks ago, and it seemed okay at the shop where I bought it, but when I got it mounted and went to the range, I couldn't focus on the crosshairs and target. Parallax was supposed to be set at 60 yards, but it's unusable at 50. It will have to go back. I couldn't have buggered it when mounting, I was using CZ rings on a CZ rifle, and didn't do anything untoward, I didn't overtighten the rings, and those rings were solid on the receiver. They weren't loose,either.
I own a few Leupolds for centerfire rifles and have no issues with them, but this is annoying. If Leupold wants to get better, they'd better tighten up the quality BEFORE it leaves Oregon. I'll send it back, whenever I get around to it, but it's sure not going to foster me buying any more Leupolds. I don't think much of the "styling" of the new Leupolds, either, they look cheap and frankly, shoddily done.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 06/18/19.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
We all bash Leupold for not showing up here to defend themselves......do you guys think Newberg will do so?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
We all bash Leupold for not showing up here to defend themselves......do you guys think Newberg will do so?

It's a no win for him.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was once a Leupold fan, but the disingenuous manner in which they treated dealers lately with Leupold Connect is simply corporate suicide. Roll out a program to include dealers and give them "exclusive access" to inventory and wholesale pricing, then turn around and send a MAP listing that matches distributor pricing. On top, they informed us that you still have to order through the distributors. Exclusive Access? How so? They never could answer that.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Randy's podcast changed my mind. The numerous failures I've experienced mean nothing. I am back in the Leupold camp. Thanks for getting that cleared up Randy.

grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by JGRaider

It's a no win for him.

Agree.

The only time we’ll know if this made any difference is if/when they announce new products that address concerns. Not holding my breath.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ctsmith

While I appreciate on his hunting videos him showing misses, some of the misses are bad misses from relatively close. I can't help but wonder why that is, the CDS or the shooter as the misses are never discussed on camera...

Just thinking out loud as I know my experience with CDS....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
I was once a Leupold fan, but the disingenuous manner in which they treated dealers lately with Leupold Connect is simply corporate suicide. Roll out a program to include dealers and give them "exclusive access" to inventory and wholesale pricing, then turn around and send a MAP listing that matches distributor pricing. On top, they informed us that you still have to order through the distributors. Exclusive Access? How so? They never could answer that.

They screwed over a lot of outfitters as well, culling them from the G&O program with this new electronic registration crap. Didn't matter if you made the cut for the previous 20 years, the new electronic system made the program very exclusive.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

While I appreciate on his hunting videos him showing misses, some of the misses are bad misses from relatively close. I can't help but wonder why that is, the CDS or the shooter as the misses are never discussed on camera...

I enjoy Randy's show, as it's one of the few good ones out there, but I also recall a miss on camera (kudos for showing it) and I thought it was kind of a "gimme" shot via CDS. I was also wondering if it was a malfunction, as he seems stumped.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JPro

I enjoy Randy's show, as it's one of the few good ones out there, but I also recall a miss on camera (kudos for showing it) and I thought it was kind of a "gimme" shot via CDS. I was also wondering if it was a malfunction, as he seems stumped.

Yep...

There's a few of them...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yep...

There's a few of them...

I was watching one last week where he was getting ready to take a shot and twisted his CDS turret and then missed. I cringed when he turned the turret. I wouldn't expect him to comment here, Loopy helps pay the bills, if I understand anything I understand that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It sounds like we are really getting to the bottom of this...,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

Yep...

There's a few of them...

I was watching one last week where he was getting ready to take a shot and twisted his CDS turret and then missed. I cringed when he turned the turret. I wouldn't expect him to comment here, Loopy helps pay the bills, if I understand anything I understand that.

I think we all understand that..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,795
Posts18,496,223
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.