Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Overkill45

Not really your advice is to send more $1.50 a pop bullets down range with new cleaning methods that just dont hold water. Ive shot many 5 pound bottles of the stuff through at least 4 brands of rifles. Swabbing has never been an issue when using Blackhorn. Number 1 cause/s have always been poor sabot fit and not waiting long enough between shots.

Regular solvents/cleaners wont clean sabot residue?...Obviously you never tried really hot water and a bore brush. JBs or Montana Xtreme bore polish. Sabot residue to the point of causing accuracy issues is exceedingly rare with modern sabots. Typical cleaning each outing and a good scrubbing a few times a year with something like JBs is all most of us need unless you blow a sabot. You wont even be on paper at 100 yards if you blow a sabot.

BTW dont tell the majority of inline match winners at Friendship they must have some magical seating pressure and tight projectiles to shoot awesome groups. Most are using sabotless and conicals that are no where near as tight as most sabots. Firm, consistent and repeatable just like any other powder.

What I gave were techniques aimed to isolate common problems. Nothing was said about cleaning methods except to check both clean an dirty barrels.Plastic solvent is a quick check that includes that. If you have shot so much and don't know that different rifles will shoot different bullets better or worse you have not learned much You on the other hand have given nothing except how great your are.Typical of the new members plaguing this forum that can only brag and chest thump with out offering good advice . I'm not going to argue with you,let the OP decide what works for him or not. Go find someone else to chew on.

Last edited by saddlesore; 06/10/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by saddlesore
[quote=Overkill45]
You on the other hand have given nothing except how great your are.

Obviously your reading comprehension is worse than your advice. My 6+ years on this site are not relevant one way or the other but if being a forum junkie is your bag then thats cool.

Best thing to do is get something cheaper to sight in and take your time.

Box of Hornady 45 250gr XTPs....they kill deer just fine too
2 Boxes of Harvester Black Crushribs
Start the load at 90gr and work up
Wait 15min or more between shots so the barrel has time to cool. Put it in the shade to help it cool down faster.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kudu: Check to see if the QLA at the muzzle is concentric with the bore. Many T/C accuracy issues can be traced to an off center QLA. If it is off T/C will replace. I guess they think that customers should do their Quality Assurance inspections.

K
Kudu1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks guys , am slowly trying diff. things . Keep your tips coming I have been sharing everything with others that have issues . Thanks again .

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Toss the inline junk and go back to the RB guns. The problems will eat you and your wallet. I can shoot a week less then your one shot. Shoot clean and no wipe. get real. Guys come with the trash and have to run the rod against a tree to seat the second shot.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Toss the inline junk and go back to the RB guns.

Really helpful advice. What makes you think the OP started with a RB rifle, he never said anything about one, and this ain't the "Roundball Rifle Forum."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Overkill45
[quote=hicountry]
Box of Hornady 45 250gr XTPs....they kill deer just fine too
2 Boxes of Harvester Black Crushribs
Start the load at 90gr and work up
Wait 15min or more between shots so the barrel has time to cool. Put it in the shade to help it cool down faster.

Got a bunch of those. They even work with sabots in my .54 Renegade. In general, I like the heavier ones, but they probably arent needed for Bambi.

48 twist?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,794 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.