Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had a co-worker that was PITA every day he had to walk around check everything on his truck like he was doing a preflight, guys that carpooled with him were tired and ready to go home. They decided to play a trick on him, first they told him the two of them had to go somewhere after work and would drive themselves. This was while we were working 3rd shift and after lunch they slipped out and poured a pint of oil under his truck were he would be sure to see it. At the end of shift we all got a place were we could watch him do his "prefilght" it was hilarious he was beside himself when he found that oil leak. He looked for an hour until he finally figured out he had been setup. It worked after that he was much better about wasting every ones time when it came to go home.

Ted

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
My 85 year old Uncle swears when he was a teenager an old farmer down the road dug post holes for a few days, digging then plopping a post in the hole but not filling or tamping. Guess he was gonna run a string and do them all at once. Anyway, uncle said him and three other boys went out at night, pulled the posts out of the holes, filled and tamped everyone of them back shut. Said the guy was out there redigging them but made sure to fill and tamp each one as he went.

That was not a joke.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Grandads brother, Uncle Jack lived on a hill between Grandads farm and town. As kids when we walked by on the way to town his old black mouth cur cow dog would come down the hill and get after us. He would bite if not scared back with a stick.

My older cousins lured it into an old chicken coop at Grandads one day when it was making the rounds and locked it up for several days. We would then stop by Uncle Jacks and visit on our way to get a soda pop at Maxeys store on Hwy 59 just north of town. Luther and Johnny would ask Jack where killer was and Jack got concerned after a few days. My older cousins told him about the rabies going around in the next county.

One day Sammy stayed behind and after we had been gone a while and were visiting Uncle Jack he fed killer the beaten egg whites and quinine the older ones had mixed up.

Of course they saw killer come out of the woods across the dirt road and head up the open hill toward home when they remarked he seemed to be travelling funny and was foaming at the mouth.

Uncle Jacks shotgun and a load of buckshot ended our fear of killer on our trips to town.

Should have never come to that. Jack should have bumped off that dog long before that.

Extra style points awarded for this one!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by 12344mag
For some reason today A coworker and I remembered a joke that was played on a former coworker.

Said coworker was building a house and had the roof on, most of the sheeting and all the walls inside studded out. He and his family went on vacation to Florida (Disney world or something) Anyways the next weekend was Township trash day, we took all the necessary things for a house and we furnished his half built house, we had Stove, fridge, curtains, tub sink, TV, washer and dryer, beds, dressers, I mean everything, everything you have in your house right now we put in there, we even put up shelves for the dishes to rest in, even had a cardboard fire place in the living room.

It was epic!! When he got back he couldn't believe the trouble we went through to screw with him, he laughed his ass off for years to come.

Anyone else been involved in a prank like that?

Who had to haul it all away?

Most of the big stuff he got rid of, every now and then something small would end up at someones house he thought was involved. Like I said he laughed his ass off for years.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
When I was a college freshman, our dorm bully was riding my butt over something. I shave all the spines from a barrel cactus, dried them for a couple weeks and sprinkled them in his bed an hour after the bed linen shop closed for the week.

Just about midnight, the bully was howling up and down the halls. Never had another problem from him

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't vouch for the truth of this, but a friend told me of another guy who's neighbor was a walking one eye.
One night in January this guy got a garden hose and turned it on mist, hanging from a tree over one eye's pickup.
Supposedly the truck was evaded in 6 inches of ice come morning.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At a welding/fab shop I worked at years ago we all sat at break time and played cards. One guy, Lenny, insisted on HIS chair in HIS spot at every break and would go ballistic if someone moved the chair or was in his spot.
Nice old heavy oak chair with arm rests, you all know the type.

One day I stayed after break with a grinder and knocked about 1/16 inch off each leg.
Next break, same thing.
etc.
Jump ahead about 2 weeks and the chair is getting mighty short but Lenny still didn't notice. By then even office personnel were aware of the prank and would all show up at break and lunch time waiting for the reaction.
Finally Lenny comes in and sits down. He slides the chair up to the table and puts his elbows up. He looks at the table, then his elbows, and tries it again. He stands up and looks under the table, as though we had propped it up higher or something, then sat down and tried it again. Finally he says WTF!!!! is going on here and everyone busted out laughing.
He never forgave me for that one. Ruined his favorite chair and he had to sit in the other junk ones like everyone else. That or sit on HIS chair and be about 3 and a half inches shorter than the rest of us.
Poor bastard. smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My best prank ever...

I was thirteen or fourteen. One afternoon I decided I needed to see what kind of mischief I could cook up. I got a pair of jeans and a shirt out of my closet and pinned them together, stuffed with newspapers. I added a pair of boots and pinned them in place. I didn't have anything really good for a head, so I grabbed my football helmet and waited for late evening. As the light began to dim, I got an old bicycle out of the garage and laid it in the street near the curb, then laid my dummy out face down and placed the helmet so that it would have a head. Then I walked down the street a couple of houses and waited.

Just before it got dark, a car came down my street and slowed as it approached the scene of the disaster. I timed it perfectly and arrived there just as a young lady stopped and got out of her car. She said "it looks like someone got hurt!"

I was ad libbing the whole thing of course. I don't know what possessed me to make the move I made, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time. As she finished her announcement I took three or four long strides right at the dummy and kicked that football helmet straight up in the air. She screamed and I'd swear she was in drive and smokin those wheels before the helmet came down and hit the pavement.

I wonder who that poor girl was, and if she ever thinks about it. I do think about it now and then, and I smile every time.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Had a buddy put about a 100 Crickets in his buds car, them damn things are noisy!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Was on another elk hunt when we came across a half starved to death bear/cougar hound out in the woods. We coaxed him into the truck with sandwiches and were eventually able to make out the name tag on his collar (broken antenna) and called the owner who said he couldn't come pick him up for a few days. Wife's aunt and uncle had a couple fat labs that would bark and torment the poor guy but knew where the end of his rope was. Well, we added another length of rope one day when they were in town. Those dumbazz dogs (Spike and Mike) didn't know what hit them the next time they tormented him. Jackass owner showed up a few days later, came into camp, cut the rope, took his dog, and didn't say thanks, kiss my ass, nothing. He's a pretty well known guide out of Holden, Utah, who went down as a royal douchebag in my book after that, but it was worth it seeing the cloud of dust and fur when his hound rolled those those two labs......lol

The jackasses live among us.

Next time you find one his dogs, just hand his collar back.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had a wood shop teacher we all tormented. It was mutual.

He used to cuss us out, F-bombs all class.

We superglued every thing on his desk to his desk. Took his grade book and gave ourselves all As.

Stopped up the handwash sink in the class, let spill out on the floor. Set his trash can on fire.

Went out to his car and took his hubcaps off his pos maverick. Hung them on the wall in the classroom. Haha

Sat out in his car and smoked his ciggarettes in his car.

Not really pranks, just meanness. He was a dick though so nothing happened. He needed his job too bad.

6th grade halloween buddy and i put a smoke bomb in one teachers car. Another had a bag of dog crap set on his porch and set afire before the knock on his door. Bottom of bag covered in dried droppings but on top of them was a couple of fresh piles.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lots of growing up to do it seems.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We had a negro vice principal in High School that was the most prejudice POS ever. Always gave the white boys licks with his paddle for the least little infraction, but the black football players never received a lick, no matter what they did.
Anyhow his hands were deformed so they looked like two claws on each hand from some type of childhood accident playing with dynamite.

Last day of school we coated his office door’s inside door knob with vasoline and had him paged to his office over the school intercom. As he went in the door, a buddy pushed it closed and another buddy pulled the fire alarm next to his office. Took the old bastard 30 minutes to get out of there.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a friend and fellow coworker tell about this one. They and another close friend couple had an ongoing prank war going on, well one Saturday morning they were awakened at 6 AM by loud knocking at the door when they opened it a fellow asked them what they wanted for a set of tires. That's when they noticed that their drive way was cluttered with a mass of junk, tires clothes, etc with balloons tied to their mail box and a large sign advertising a garage sale starting a 6 AM. They had dragged all this in during the wee predawn hours.

One time at work (50 bed NICU) we were having a particularly busy and hectic day. The charge nurse on duty was sitting at her desk and exclaimed somewhat loudly that she wouldn't know what to do if we had a transport come in. Well in my own supportive way I picked up one of the bedside phones about 10 feet from her desk dialed her phone and in my best Pakistani accent ( a small town pediatrician known to refer patients) said "This is Dr. xxxxxx and I would like to arrange a transport for a newborn set of twins" well the expression on her face was priceless until she looked up and saw me waving the phone at her with a big smile on my face. We all had a good laugh over it.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was a kid back in the 60's dad got this old Irish guy he worked with real good.
The guy was a bigot something fierce. Absolutely hated blacks and made it widely known.

Well, this Kindly old black gent worked there and he and dad became friends. Good friends, the kind that families regularly get together for dinner and cards in the evenings.

St Pat's day was approaching. Dad came up with an idea. He invited papa bunny (that's what dad called him so that's what we all called him, too) over for dinner and measuring up. Mom made him a green vest and tophat with shamrocks and such just for the occasion.
He went to work wearing the outfit on St Pat's day proclaiming "I'm an Irish Leprechaun! I'm an Irish Leprechaun!"
That old. bigot was so mad he was cussing and stomping around and yelling all day long. Nearly gave him a heart attack. And it made it all the worse that everyone else working there laughed their asses off. The more he ranted and raved the more they all laughed.
Serves him right, IMO.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Buddy of mine from AK is the least mechanically inclined guy on earth. Drives old beaters and doesn’t know anything about them except where the keys and the gas go.

He noticed a strange smell coming from the vents in his car one summer and not knowing where to look just installed the trusty pine tree air freshener from the mirror. The pine trees really piled up as the summer wore on and the smell finally subsided towards the end of summer. About September or October he takes it in for an oil change and the guy calls him back in the shop to show him something. Seems another buddy that had came and spent a week at the cabin with him had installed a whole red salmon on top of the intake, wedged under the air cleaner and beside the valve cover. He drove around cooking that bad boy for a couple months!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kellory
We had a mechanic when done every evening, he cleaned his hand tools, laid them out on his work bench like a surgeon laying out his tools. Everything had it's special spot, and it never varied.then he would cover the work bench with a cloth, and clock out for the night.
Well.....I visited quite a few "once upon a child" stores, and salvation army stores, until I had enough pieces to match the photo I took of his work bench tools.
One night as he punched out for the evening, I stayed a little later, and replaced every one of his tools with the matching Little Tikes, or Fisher price tool in the exact spot of it's dopple-ganger. Then returned the cloth to it's faithful duty.
In the morning, the melt down was epic!

Originally Posted by kellory
We had a mechanic when done every evening, he cleaned his hand tools, laid them out on his work bench like a surgeon laying out his tools. Everything had it's special spot, and it never varied.then he would cover the work bench with a cloth, and clock out for the night.
Well.....I visited quite a few "once upon a child" stores, and salvation army stores, until I had enough pieces to match the photo I took of his work bench tools.
One night as he punched out for the evening, I stayed a little later, and replaced every one of his tools with the matching Little Tikes, or Fisher price tool in the exact spot of it's dopple-ganger. Then returned the cloth to it's faithful duty.
In the morning, the melt down was epic!

Thats epic, Kellory.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Three of us went to SE Oregon coyote hunting and stayed in a hotel one night to get showers and dinner in town. My FFL buddy got pretty drunk and passed out so we decided to paint his toenails. The gal at the front desk had some polish and we bought it from her, a bright purple color. Next morning in a stupor he climbed in the shower. He said when he looked down and saw his purple toenails he jumped and thought he had caught some disease and they were going to fall off. He was a good sport about it.

Another time three of us were elk hunting on Sheep Mountain east of Bend Oregon. It was hot and dry but there were a few elk around in the junipers and water holes. One night I stayed out way after dark. On my way back to camp I hear Jim coming riding my 4 wheeler looking for me. He's not an experienced rider so I jumped in the ditch and wadded up my jacket. When he got close I threw the wadded up jacket out in the road in front of him and it opened up right when it wrapped itself around his face. He stammered and stuttered and finally got the atv stopped and pulled the jacket off his face cussing me. We all had a good laugh every time we remembered Jims Giant Owl Story and how he was attacked in the dark.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I went to a private Christian high school in a small prairie town. No TV, no rock music. No going downtown except on days the girls weren't there. Played every intramural sport (school couldn't afford insurance and cost of travel and equipment for inter-school athletics.) Could be boring though. Pranks were common.

Assistant boys Dean drove a beetle. We had an assembly every morning at 8AM. That hall had double doors with no center post. That beetle fit easily through the door. We parked it at the front of the hall. We thought about putting it on the stage, but we couldn't quite lift it. We thought that was pretty funny when it was there the next assembly.

If some knobs were in the shower, you could always flush all 8 of the toilets. That was good for a howl or two.

Or, if you trusted the sinks, that were unsupported and just bolted to the wall, not to break, you could jump up on them and reach the main shower valves. Shut off the hot water to encourage the hot water hogs to get out.

A little cord and a hockey stick allowed you to lock anyone in their room.

Had a roommate who was a little awkward. Some numbnuts baked some exlax into a brownie square and gave him the whole tray. I heard of this "joke" but he had already eaten half the tray. I declined his offer of some. About lights out the runs hit him. Man you could hear him running down the stairs from anywhere in that dorm. This went on through most of the night. He was moaning he didn't know what hit him, that is when I told him about the exlax in the brownie.

I can't recall what happened to the perpetrators. I haven't seen him for 35 years, but I heard that at one of the reunions of his class, that awkward, skinny and gangly boy had matured into a Jack Reacher type, 6'5", 240lbs. He road up in leathers on a Harley. No one offered him exlax in a brownie then.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,330
Posts18,487,532
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.