-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can tell people to go away politely...

abusus non tollit usum

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by night_owl

You can TRY to tell people to go away politely.

As I clearly illustrated in this thread.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Don't do this.

IMHO, this depends on the environment and the age of the child.. When child's with parents it can be OK if done properly and with some distance involved, i.e., not nose-to-nose... Also is/can be done in small-town cafes or at local sporting events..... less and less so re: the bigger and bigger the city.. FWIW..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by night_owl

You can TRY to tell people to go away politely.

As I clearly illustrated in this thread.

Have to agree with Clark (Travis would never do such a thing). Having strangers constantly ask your kids "what's wrong with him.... is he drunk?" gets irritating.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Teach your children to seek out some angry looking dude who says F-off kid when they get lost. Tell them to stay away from the little old gray headed Grandmas. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Teach your children to seek out some angry looking dude who says F-off kid when they get lost. Tell them to stay away from the little old gray headed Grandmas. GW

I took my kids to see Mt. Rushmore once. We were having breakfast within view of the monument. Cuttin' up and enjoying ourselves. An old lady gets up and walks over to our table and interrupts everyone mid-conversation as she leans on the table. My kids just stare at her as she explains SHE used to be a school teacher (like anybody gives two fugks) and that she wanted them to tell THEIR school teacher that they had breakfast with four United States Presidents at the same time when they got back from summer vacation.

My kids just looked at me and went back to eating.

Then she looked at me. I said "Will do. Thanks" and she slowly turned and walked away.

My kids still laugh about that goofy ol' bitch.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's apparent from this thread that a lot of folks think that because 90% of the population is in the white zone that it's best to be in the white zone.

I don't interact with other people's kids unless invited to, or forced into it. Anyone who does that around my brood gets the stinkeye. I don't want or need that distraction from my job. Some people do need to be reminded to MYOB. If they have to be told twice, well.......

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
Don't do this.

IMHO, this depends on the environment and the age of the child.. When child's with parents it can be OK if done properly and with some distance involved, i.e., not nose-to-nose... Also is/can be done in small-town cafes or at local sporting events..... less and less so re: the bigger and bigger the city.. FWIW..

Mmmm, nope.

Just don't do it.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FreeMe
It's apparent from this thread that a lot of folks think that because 90% of the population is in the white zone that it's best to be in the white zone.

I don't interact with other people's kids unless invited to, or forced into it. Anyone who does that around my brood gets the stinkeye. I don't want or need that distraction from my job. Some people do need to be reminded to MYOB. If they have to be told twice, well.......

Very well put, Mr. FreeMe.

Very well put.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know why, but I must have a special "look" or something.

Little kids, especially babies, tend to fixate on me. It's one of those slack-jawed gaping stare kind of things. I get it all the time. It's probably my size. Parents usually catch it, and I usually say something to the kid or with a baby, I wave. Some get shy. Most smile or laugh. I've never once had a parent glare at me.

On the other hand, I never make a move towards the kid, and I always move away and let the family get on with their day.

I do get an occasional thank you when a kid's having a trantrum in the store, and I walk up and say, "You better mind your mother." That shuts the little buggers up really quick. Many moms have thanked me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
PSA

Next time a strange kid smiles at you, do this....

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

I took my kids to see Mt. Rushmore once. We were having breakfast within view of the monument. Cuttin' up and enjoying ourselves. An old lady gets up and walks over to our table and interrupts everyone mid-conversation as she leans on the table. My kids just stare at her as she explains SHE used to be a school teacher (like anybody gives two fugks) and that she wanted them to tell THEIR school teacher that they had breakfast with four United States Presidents at the same time when they got back from summer vacation.

My kids just looked at me and went back to eating.

Then she looked at me. I said "Will do. Thanks" and she slowly turned and walked away.

My kids still laugh about that goofy ol' bitch.

Sounds like she politely told you to get your heathrens under control and you weren’t smart enough to even realize that was what she was doing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A guy I knew had the brightest orange hair I have ever seen. He combed it in a pompadour.
Toddlers and especially black kids reacted in amazement at the sight of him.

Last edited by night_owl; 06/18/19.

abusus non tollit usum
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't allow others w/in arms reach of me if at all possible. Letting someone that close to my family is unthinkable.Many would call me paranoid but in today's world I call it good practice. If I could predict the future or thought that all humans share my values I might relax somewhat.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
I don't know why, but I must have a special "look" or something.

Little kids, especially babies, tend to fixate on me. It's one of those slack-jawed gaping stare kind of things. I get it all the time. It's probably my size. Parents usually catch it, and I usually say something to the kid or with a baby, I wave. Some get shy. Most smile or laugh. I've never once had a parent glare at me.

On the other hand, I never make a move towards the kid, and I always move away and let the family get on with their day.

I do get an occasional thank you when a kid's having a trantrum in the store, and I walk up and say, "You better mind your mother." That shuts the little buggers up really quick. Many moms have thanked me.

[Linked Image]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Sounds like she politely told you to get your heathrens under control and you weren’t smart enough to even realize that was what she was doing.

^^Southerner^^^

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nothing worse than some idiot who describes his kids that are in the process of hanging off the chandeliers and making life miserable for everyone within two counties as “...cutting up and having a little fun.”

If you don’t want people to say anything to your kids, then discipline the little schits.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Nothing worse than some idiot who describes his kids that are in the process of hanging off the chandeliers and making life miserable for everyone within two counties as “...cutting up and having a little fun.”

If you don’t want people to say anything to your kids, then discipline the little schits.

I'm surprised to discover you're an old busy-body.

I always figured you were just a run of the mill f a g g o t.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm surprised to discover you're an old busy-body.

I always figured you were just a run of the mill f a g g o t.

Ah, I see. You are one of these idiots who thinks that your kids are special. Control the little bastards ( probably not a figure of speach in your case) and no one will think to say a damned word to them.

Funny how you have people trying to talk to your kids all the time. That should probably tell you something right there.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Ah, I see. You are one of these idiots who thinks that your kids are special. Control the little bastards ( probably not a figure of speach in your case) and no one will think to say a damned word to them.

Funny how you have people trying to talk to your kids all the time. That should probably tell you something right there.

It's called being white and good looking.

Something you can't relate to.

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.