Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is the current status of this??

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Daveh
What is the current status of this??

Sporting firearms are now covered under Dept. Commerce ECCN 0A501, not Dept. State ITARs.

Trouble is, export permits are needed for almost anything and as a result barrels and actions are still cheaper when not purchased from a US manufacturer.

Sporting rifles are in ECCN 0A501, shotguns are in 0A502.

0A501 does not cover
(1) Firearms that are fully automatic, and magazines with a capacity of greater than 50 rounds, are “subject to the ITAR.”
(2) See ECCN 0A502 for shotguns and their “parts” and “components” that are subject to the EAR. Also see ECCN 0A502 for shot-pistols.
(3) See ECCN 0A504 and USML Category XII for controls on optical sighting devices.

0A501 covers
Items:
a. Non-automatic and semi-automatic firearms equal to .50 caliber (12.7 mm) or less.

b. Non-automatic and non-semi-automatic rifles, carbines, revolvers or pistols with a caliber greater than .50 inches (12.7 mm) but less than or equal to .72 inches (18.0 mm).

c. The following types of “parts” and “components” if “specially designed” for a commodity controlled by paragraph .a or .b of this entry: barrels, cylinders, barrel extensions, mounting blocks (trunnions), bolts, bolt carriers, operating rods, gas pistons, trigger housings, triggers, hammers, sears, disconnectors, pistol grips that contain fire control “parts” or “components” (e.g., triggers, hammers, sears, disconnectors) and buttstocks that contain fire control “parts” or “components.”

d. Detachable magazines with a capacity of greater than 16 rounds “specially designed” for a commodity controlled by paragraph .a or .b of this entry.

e. Receivers (frames) and “complete breech mechanisms,” including castings, forgings stampings, or machined items thereof, “specially designed” for a commodity controlled by paragraph .a or .b of this entry.

x. “Parts” and “components” that are “specially designed” for a commodity classified under paragraphs .a through .c of this entry or the USML and not elsewhere specified on the USML or CCL.

y. Specific “parts,” “components,” “accessories” and “attachments” “specially designed” for a commodity subject to control in this ECCN or common to a defense article in USML Category I and not elsewhere specified in the USML or CCL as follows, and “parts,” “components,” “accessories,” and “attachments” “specially designed” therefor.
y.1. Stocks or grips, that do not contain any fire control “parts” or “components” (e.g., triggers, hammers, sears, disconnectors);”
y.2. Scope mounts or accessory rails;
y.3. Iron sights;
y.4. Sling swivels;
y.5. Butt plates or recoil pads;
y.6. Bayonets; and
y.7. Firearms manufactured from 1890 to 1898 and reproductions thereof.

Where does the $500 limit come into it?
List Based License Exceptions
(See Part 740 for a description of all license exceptions)
LVS: (aka Low Volume Sales)
$500 for 0A501.c, .d, and .x. exported to Canada

c. The following types of “parts” and “components” if “specially designed” for a commodity controlled by paragraph .a or .b of this entry:
• barrels,
• cylinders,
• barrel extensions,
• mounting blocks (trunnions),
• bolts,
• bolt carriers,
• operating rods,
• gas pistons,
• trigger housings,
• triggers,
• hammers,
• sears,
• disconnectors,
• pistol grips that contain fire control “parts” or “components” (e.g., triggers, hammers, sears, disconnectors) and buttstocks that contain fire control “parts” or “components.”

d. Detachable magazines with a capacity of greater than 16 rounds “specially designed” for a commodity controlled by paragraph .a or .b of this entry.

x. “Parts” and “components” that are “specially designed” for a commodity classified under paragraphs .a through .c of this entry or the USML and not elsewhere specified on the USML or CCL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Adam! I was just curious...

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.