Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Once again nothing to justify the Iranians admitting to this.. Videos are totally irrelevant.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Is there Norwegian and Japanese outrage after their vessels were attacked?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think they do that anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The entire thing doesn't pass the smell test. I feel like I know when I'm being bullshitted, call it a gift.

Kookista alert, but Bolton and his ilk are behind this in some way.

So explain in a REASONABLE (non-kook) manner why, if this was crafted by us (or the Israelis), did the Iranians admit to shooting down the drone in international waters and they boats shown on the film were verified to be Iranian Navy registry and why the arrest of the Norwegian sailors...

Article you linked in op says Iran claims it was over their territory not intl waters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fact that they've been chanting "death to America" in Iran for 40 years means nothing.

Right?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're right, Jorge. The kooks cannot explain any part of their position rationally. They have to resort to irrelevant (and likely fabricated) video clips in a vain attempt to divert the question.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Winning the hearts and minds" of the people and making them a democracy is expensive and stupid. And probably impossible.

Definitely impossible.

Agreed.

We don't need to indulge liberal pipe dreams of world peace when radical Muslim countries are involved.

The only thing they understand is violence.

Use it to the utmost of our capability, and we shall have to use it less often.

The above quote is absolutely spot on and I agree wholeheartedly!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The fact that they've been chanting "death to America" in Iran for 40 years means nothing.

Right?

That is not a unanimous sentiment among the populace. Hardliners are in charge.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Israelis are cool.
They kill ragheads with whatever means possible from bulldozers to bombs.
Piss em off enough and they might turn Tehran into a nice glass ashtray.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RufusG
The entire thing doesn't pass the smell test. I feel like I know when I'm being bullshitted, call it a gift.

So explain in a REASONABLE (non-kook) manner why, if this was crafted by us (or the Israelis), did the Iranians admit to shooting down the drone in international waters and they boats shown on the film were verified to be Iranian Navy registry and why the arrest of the Norwegian sailors...

Article you linked in op says Iran claims it was over their territory not intl waters.

Ever hear of GPS and accuracy parameters? Also, if it was over their "territory", why (and how) are we sending ships to recover?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why isn't this a problem for the Japanese and Norwegians to settle?

After the attacks prices are actually down at the pump in my neighborhood so.....

The world (well world media) calls Trump a Nazi- so I hope he plays it tepid until they start asking for us to do something. Make for some interesting tweets.

That and wait until we can all be satisfied it isn't, in any way possible, some shenanigans on our part- or Israelis or whoever etc.... Hell it could be Russians at this point.

Before we talk about sinking a navy of a country whose shore we are just off, it would seem we should let the sanction continue to do there thing.

I am asking.

Am I wrong on any of this?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The Iranian government is getting desperate. They’re playing a very dangerous game trying to get sanctions relief. They’re looking for a way out of sanctions or a physical reason for the Iranian people to continue to tolerate their rule. Desperate people do desperate crazy things.

The Israelis are not to blame for this situation. Jimmy Carter created this situation and now it is coming to a head because we finally have a President committed to solving problems not passing them on to the next President.. Not knowing the options, it is difficult to guess what action might be taken.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Why isn't this a problem for the Japanese and Norwegians to settle?

g.

Am I wrong on any of this?

1. The Drone was USN property
2. If the oil gets disrupted, prepare to lose your job as it would all but paralyze the economies of the west
3. yes you are.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Okay,...the kooks are all here.

Time to draw straws to see who takes "the ride".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG

Ever hear of GPS and accuracy parameters? Also, if it was over their "territory", why (and how) are we sending ships to recover?

You posted the article, not me. Wouldn't their territory include out to the 12 mile limit, or wherever int'l waters begin in those parts?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sanctions are working. Tighten them up more. We can always bomb the chit out of them later. The whole point of drones is that no life is lost. Can't make them a surrogate. The broker they are the better.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
The Israelis are cool.
They kill ragheads with whatever means possible from bulldozers to bombs.
Piss em off enough and they might turn Tehran into a nice glass ashtray.

Then do Damascus.
And carpet bomb the Gaza Strip.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you considered that what Iran claims as "their territory and airspace" might not match what the rest of world has set?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The straight IS territorial waters of Iran and Oman.

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The Iranian government is getting desperate. They’re playing a very dangerous game trying to get sanctions relief. They’re looking for a way out of sanctions or a physical reason for the Iranian people to continue to tolerate their rule. Desperate people do desperate crazy things.

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by 45_100

The Israelis are not to blame for this situation. Jimmy Carter created this situation and now it is coming to a head because we finally have a President committed to solving problems not passing them on to the next President.. Not knowing the options, it is difficult to guess what action might be taken.

Pretty much.

Lotta smart fellas making comments on this here thread. Kooks, not so much. GITM's pretty much got his Four-Legs-Good-Two-Legs-Bad mantra going, but nothing's new there, and TRH's irrelevant videos don't really count. But hey, it's early.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.