Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Surprised this hasnt come off the rails yet.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I want to thank all of you who constructively participated in the earlier thread.

It seems to me anyone with any information whether good or bad for Leupold has constructively participated, if Leupold has a mind to hear it. Or were we only allowed to post glowing reports of daisys and lollypops?

It just did...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It seems rather odd that someone would get so emotionally upset over a rifle scope that the scope makers(with literally a vast majority of owners quite satisfied with the scopes) representative would need a nomex suit and support animal. Even more so as the scope maker will quickly repair or replace a defective scope that could be easily sold and replaced with something the that would work better for the shooter. Leupold scope still demand a premium on the used scope market.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I want to thank all of you who constructively participated in the earlier thread.

It seems to me anyone with any information whether good or bad for Leupold has constructively participated, if Leupold has a mind to hear it. Or were we only allowed to post glowing reports of daisys and lollypops?

Change the word Styx to Leupold.......
Like I said before.
If leupold fixes their broke dik schitt and professionals test em and say they are GTG. Then those of us who lost confidence in em might buy em again . Even if we are a small % of their market that moans about what they were and what they are now.
Leupold DGAF.....
And until they make better products that track and adjust per stated value, hold zero and RTZ.
They can sell all they want to whoever.
And the rest of us in this oh so "small population of wanting schitt that works" will buy some other brand.

I would trust no review of their scopes by anyone who is sponsored by them or authorized carte blanche dealers on their " special " list....
Reputable professionals who test optics for a living outside of leupold,s influence have spoken many times about testing their inferior products for YEARS... Not just us disgruntled azzholes who want a scope that works also..

GMAFB.......

Last edited by renegade50; 06/22/19.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Just gumdrops.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by erich
It seems rather odd that someone would get so emotionally upset over a rifle scope that the scope makers(with literally a vast majority of owners quite satisfied with the scopes) representative would need a nomex suit and support animal. Even more so as the scope maker will quickly repair or replace a defective scope that could be easily sold and replaced with something the that would work better for the shooter. Leupold scope still demand a premium on the used scope market.

Like it

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by erich

That Customer Service won't come out in the field and correct that miss due to zero shift on an expensive hunt that you saved up for years to afford.
The only Leupolds I trust anymore are the older scopes that have been around here for decades.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jap schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.

Last edited by battue; 06/22/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Call Doug (forum sponsor) and buy some of his newest optics.easy .next

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks Doug.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by battue
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jab schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.

I'm with you on the Toyota buying my friend.. They make some good tough trucks.. Or I should say made. The older ones are better than the new chit they have now.. Hmmm. Kind of like Leupold. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Agreed. To a couple, it makes them feel relevant, when in fact no one gives a dam what they think.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jab schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

I'm with you on the Toyota buying my friend.. They make some good tough trucks.. Or I should say made. The older ones are better than the new chit they have now.. Hmmm. Kind of like Leupold. grin

Previous Runner went 200,000 with only regular maintenance, 65,000 on this one. Oil, tires and brakes. Makes it hard to change horses. Kinda like my Leupold luck. About a hundred Deer, a Bear and two Mountain Goats. laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Previous Runner went 200,000 with only regular maintenance, 65,000 on this one. Oil, tires and brakes. Makes it hard to change horses. Kinda like my Leupold luck. About a hundred Deer, a Bear and two Mountain Goats. laugh
You only like Leupold cuz you don't shoot much and can't shoot good enough to be able to tell if your scope is really staying zero'd or not. And those hundred deer don't count for nothin either cuz you probably shot them at such close range it just didn't matter that your zero wandered 3" since you checked it last week. Just ask the experts here and they'll tell you all about it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll concede to the LR crowd their choice. Mainly because I have a Smith friend who competes and make competition rifles for others. He shoots Nightforce. When asked why he replied, because in my game fractions of an inch are important and Nightforce gives me fractions over Leupold. I have yet to fail to kill a big game animal by a fraction.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll concede to the LR crowd their choice. Mainly because I have a Smith friend who competes and make competition rifles for others. He shoots Nightforce. When asked why he replied, because in my game fractions of an inch are important and Nightforce gives me fractions over Leupold. I have yet to fail to kill a big game animal by a fraction.
Nope, my success doesn't depend on fractions either.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Most commonly folks satisfied are those who using Leupolds on rigs fired dozens of times a year. Less satisfaction when we're talking 100s and dissatisfaction greatly increases with thousands of rounds... There's problems, that is undeniable but if they're working for you rock on.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Leuyota?

Toypold??....

Does it steer straight?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Most commonly folks satisfied are those who using Leupolds on rigs fired dozens of times a year. Less satisfaction when we're talking 100s and dissatisfaction greatly increases with thousands of rounds... There's problems, that is undeniable but if they're working for you rock on.

I've got one on a .223 that seems to be doing fine after about 2,500 rounds. Good enough to kill woodchucks consistently out to 250-275 yards anyway and that's generally as far as I get to shoot in the rolling farmland where I hunt them.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Thanks Doug. I said before that my biggest complaint is the stiffness of the power selector ring, especially on the VX-6’s.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I bet they were “surprised” that there was a “problem”....

Lol. ^this^
As well as First time hearing about this

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.