Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To really know what is going on I think you have to be in the middle of it. But, to me, it's a mess from the outside looking in.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

In case you did not know.

Texas
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

How does it get sorted out without destroying a badly needed organization.

I don't know the answer to that one, but I do know that LaPierre really needs to go, as in a long time ago; never had much confidence in North being a straight shooter, though, either.

MM

What, you never had much confidence in an officer who admittedly lied to Congress?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What, you never had much confidence in an officer who admittedly lied to Congress?

he should have ratted out R Reagan?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear

he should have ratted out R Reagan?

Perhaps.

Was his sworn oath to the Country and the Constitution or to the President of the USA?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was his sworn oath to the Country and the Constitution or to the President of the USA?

One in the same when communists are concerned.

You ratted anyone out lately?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I say we play a game. Every time NRA does something else stupid we send $10 to Gun Owners of America. At the rate they're going maybe just a dollar.

I say that everytime the NRA does something stupid we write a little note telling them we are sending our money to GOA and send send that note to them in their fundraising solicitation return envelope.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[/quote]I say that everytime the NRA does something stupid we write a little note telling them we are sending our money to GOA and send send that note to them in their fundraising solicitation return envelope.
[/quote]

That works for me.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by model70man
I'm a Benefactor member but I don't trust any of the NRA leadership. It's time for a housecleaning like when Harlon Carter and Neal Knox purged the place.
Agreed... I'm a Benefactor member also, but won't send another dime for a while..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Do none of you realize that Lapierre started out as a lobbyist for the Democrats?...why on Earth do so many of you support him and think he has EVER been on the side of gunnowners. The man needs to die slowly of ass cancer

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
When we need a united front you are busy destroying from within.

In the long term; my guns will be worth way more when they're illegal grin

And your in jail

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For years I have told the callers seeking donations for the NRA to not call back until Wayne was gone. I suspect the spat with Oliver North was precipitated by North's desire to root Wayne out of the way so he could be the biggest hog at the trough. As I have stated many times on this venue, my concern is that we are not taking advantage of the current climate and getting some federal court precedent in our favor. They really lost me when they jumped in at the last minute in the Heller and McDonald cases. Where was my NRA in these cases when it was desperately needed. I wrote the NRA a letter decades ago begging that we become active in the courts. Why do we need legislation when we have a SECOND AMENDMENT? Wayne will not voluntarily give up his dictatorship. It gives too much power and prestige. The NRA is no different from any large wealthy organization. Anywhere there is a big pile of money there will be folks trying to get in position to steal it. I'm giving Wayne credit for being very smart and putting himself into a position that will be very hard to dislodge him from. If only he had been so zealous about putting our gun ownership in such a secure position.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
When we need a united front you are busy destroying from within.

In the long term; my guns will be worth way more when they're illegal grin

And your in jail

when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. watch4bear sir: You would be a great asset in helping clean up the money wasting leadership of the NRA. You are smart and darn sure dedicated. The NRA is going down the tubes as long as Wayne is running it. Would you be willing to help us make a change? Maybe Allen West as CEO could bring back credibility and the disaffected members. The large majority of members who pay attention want change and are sick of the money wasting. If Col. West can pass inspection, he is certainly tenacious and dedicated. We are going to lose the farm if changes aren't made and while I admire your loyalty to the NRA I wish people like you would help us effect the changes needed to save the organization.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In 2018 the NRA took in over $412 million in revenue $433 million in 2016. The fight for control over that organization isn't about 2A freedoms.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Easy to see why the anti gun billionaires would love to see them go away. $400 million annually is some serious monetary fire power.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

One in the same when communists are concerned.

You ratted anyone out lately?

I'm guessing you're saying the President is "Always" right and can do no wrong?

Geno

PS, nope haven't ratted lately. My conscience is pretty clear about any "ratting" I may or may not have done in the past.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
In 2018 the NRA took in over $412 million in revenue $433 million in 2016. The fight for control over that organization isn't about 2A freedoms.
Would you think that someone with $400+ million to use at his discretion to have the most powerful politicians in the country eating out of his hand would give that up without a fight to the death? That and also a personal account for the best clothes, vacations, a beautiful girl intern to run errands, and in short a life of luxury and power. The 2A is secondary to milking this cash and influence cow. I can bet a U.S. senator will hang up on anyone else if Wayne is on the phone.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by model70man
I'm a Benefactor member but I don't trust any of the NRA leadership. It's time for a housecleaning like when Harlon Carter and Neal Knox purged the place.
Agreed... I'm a Benefactor member also, but won't send another dime for a while..

+1

I’m a Benefactor member, too, and still get all kinda mail asking me to join the NRA. I guess they have no idea who I am, or even care as long as money keeps rolling in.

A big time house cleaning is way over due.

Seems the swamp is bigger than we thought.

DF

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,368 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,864
Posts18,497,278
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.