-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Without a doubt it is Ken Hensley of Uriah Heep, this video will prove it..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gary Moore (RIP)

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
More Joe, --- he's funny too.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Highly rated by those that know him. Just not enough of those that know him. Shred is not dead!

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Steve Winwood isn't thought of today (or 30 years ago) as someone who could shred a blues riff, so I would say he's underrated...

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Don Felder

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Joe Bonamassa

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pat Metheney.

Bill Connors.

Robben Ford.

Leo Kottke.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Bristoe;
Thanks kindly for the reply sir, yes the nephew's guitars were very highly thought by a few folks who knew good instruments.

He isn't currently making them anymore, might go back to it someday I suppose, but is currently gone back to farming and picking wild mushrooms to take up his time.

The knack he seemed to have was picking the right wood to get fantastic tone in the guitars he built.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, if anyone hasn't heard Doyle Dykes play yet, a few of his videos on youtube would be time well spent - in my view anyways.

Thanks again Bristoe and all the best to you folks this weekend.

Dwayne

Dwayne. I usually like threads like this.. made it this far down thinking, meh... not really anything for me... hmmm sound like Sam... eh?
Thanks for this post. I enjoyed and maybe when I have more time I can google more of Doyle.

hope all are well down south!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BigPine
There are many , but Terry Kath of Chicago, Chicago Transit Authority, was one hell of a guitarist . They made a lot o syrupy songs, but they could rock and he was kick ass . If I knew how to post one, I’d put up a clip of “ I’m a Man “ great stuff and super tight group

The first 7 Chicago albums were loaded with amazing guitar music from Terry Kath. He was an amazing songwriter and performer. He didn't have the formal music training that the horns and keyboard guys but he wrote "introduction", the first song on their first album. He had the other guys write the music so they could record it. It was also a one take recording for the album. Chicago as a band was highly underrated but they lost me after Terry Kath died. The music lost it's soul.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Highly rated by those that know him. Just not enough of those that know him. Shred is not dead!

Thats some true talent. But oh my ears... I don't know if they will be the same after that racket ever again. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Steve Stevens

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Johnny Winter
Rory gallegher

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Peter Green

Roy Buchanan

Freddie King

Jose Feliciano

Old guy, old guns.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Of course SRV was one of my favorite guitarists, but like Jimi, would never fall into the “underrated” category.

I saw someone mention Frucianti (one of my favs), so I’ll throw out the late, great, Jeff Healy. His style was unorthodox, but man, could he tear [bleep] up!

https://youtu.be/WqESGc1AnqU

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Ron Asheton of the Stooges
Robert Smith of The Cure
Daniel Ash of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Kingfish aka Christine Ingram. 20ish kid from Mississippi. He started playing guitar around 11. Check out some of his YouTube videos. Keep in mind the date of the videos. In many of them, he had only been playing for 5 or 6 years. He’ll end up as one of the greatest of all time...if he gets his weight under control and doesn’t croak as a young man.

B
BigPine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by BigPine
There are many , but Terry Kath of Chicago, Chicago Transit Authority, was one hell of a guitarist . They made a lot o syrupy songs, but they could rock and he was kick ass . If I knew how to post one, I’d put up a clip of “ I’m a Man “ great stuff and super tight group

The first 7 Chicago albums were loaded with amazing guitar music from Terry Kath. He was an amazing songwriter and performer. He didn't have the formal music training that the horns and keyboard guys but he wrote "introduction", the first song on their first album. He had the other guys write the music so they could record it. It was also a one take recording for the album. Chicago as a band was highly underrated but they lost me after Terry Kath died. The music lost it's soul.

Exactly. Never the same after that .
I wish I had taken up playing when I was young, but I have a real appreciation of all kinds of picking. My dad usually played us a few tunes on his 6 string at bed time, I can still hear him play froggy went a courtin’ Or wildwood flower , my older brothers both played and my oldest son plays well. Singed him up for lessons at 13 as soon as he expressed an interest. I found out what girls were for at an early age and that took up too much time to learn it . My brothers were 6 and 7 years older than me and they usually stacked the old console record player with Zepplen albums and that’s how I went to sleep from 10 years old on.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Buckethead

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not sure what to post. I thought this thread was underrated guitar players.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 224th, 257man, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 60 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,874
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.