Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good for you, Mike. Having spent a few days with you I know well you're comfortable and perfectly happy living a minimalist lifestyle. That one night in south TX after we'd both had far too much to be able to drive, you said that we'd probably get a few hours sleep. I figured we'd be putting the seats back in the car. Nope. Next thing I knew you'd laid blanket down in the dirt next to the car and were fast asleep... wink

No idea what the fishing might be like along your trip but if it were me I'd have fishing licenses, small tackle box, a sturdy rod and a frying pan along. Probably an onion or two as well. smile Have fun and be safe. Look forward to your reports along the way.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Good for you, Mike. Having spent a few days with you I know well you're comfortable and perfectly happy living a minimalist lifestyle. That one night in south TX after we'd both had far too much to be able to drive, you said that we'd probably get a few hours sleep. I figured we'd be putting the seats back in the car. Nope. Next thing I knew you'd laid blanket down in the dirt next to the car and were fast asleep... wink

No idea what the fishing might be like along your trip but if it were me I'd have fishing licenses, small tackle box, a sturdy rod and a frying pan along. Probably an onion or two as well. smile Have fun and be safe. Look forward to your reports along the way.

in all fairness amigo you are the only person i've seen use a pintail duck for a pillow to sleep in the bow of the boat, while crossing a bay with 3ft breakers during a norther.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I take the view that if I ever get hit, it’s ALWAYS gonna be my fault just for being around traffic on a bicycle.

Good attitude to have, it'll keep you alive. I know a guy that says he owns the right away over a car, I asked him WTF good does having the right away if you're dead........He hasn't come up with an answer yet.

Good luck and have fun.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ain’t figured out pictures yet, that’s gonna have to wait for WiFi.

Only 50 miles today, lost three hours of prime time waiting out the storm. Rolled into Sisterdale on the Guadalupe River with two hours of useful light remaining, 15 miles to Luckenbach, but the sky said thunderstorms building.in that direction.

So I stopped at the bar and tossed down O’Doull’s like they was soda pop, shooting the breeze in good company. Camped out under a bridge tonight, high up above the flood line. I know this is Texas and all, but I hope this friggin’ cattle drive weather cuts me some slack until I can get to dry country.

Planning on an early start tomorrow, stopping short like this, it’s 75 miles from here to Mason TX.

Only one prick driver today, guy in a pickup on the Sisterdale road, two lanes, no traffic, wants to see how close he can get his mirror to my left shoulder, me already riding the white line at the edge of the asphalt. Guys like that never stop after doing stuff like that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Be safe and hold on to your wallet!

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Yep. Hope your packing a pistole too !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

You remembered grin 2014 near St Francis IL

Gotta divide up my IDs, bank cards and credit cards tomorrow.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. Hope your packing a pistole too !!!

Legal everywhere I might get to on this trip. Everyone worries about something, snakes don’t worry me, my pet peeve is bears.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike your TX LTC is good to go in NM.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ain’t figured out pictures yet, that’s gonna have to wait for WiFi.

Only 50 miles today, lost three hours of prime time waiting out the storm. Rolled into Sisterdale on the Guadalupe River with two hours of useful light remaining, 15 miles to Luckenbach, but the sky said thunderstorms building.in that direction.

So I stopped at the bar and tossed down O’Doull’s like they was soda pop, shooting the breeze in good company. Camped out under a bridge tonight, high up above the flood line. I know this is Texas and all, but I hope this friggin’ cattle drive weather cuts me some slack until I can get to dry country.

Planning on an early start tomorrow, stopping short like this, it’s 75 miles from here to Mason TX.

Only one prick driver today, guy in a pickup on the Sisterdale road, two lanes, no traffic, wants to see how close he can get his mirror to my left shoulder, me already riding the white line at the edge of the asphalt. Guys like that never stop after doing stuff like that.

Bridges north of town between there and Brady. The San Saba bridge is the best bet....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good luck. Safari njema, Fika Salama!

What bike are you riding?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

Have a good ride!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Good luck Birdwatcher! If you make it to MT the Odouls is on me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by stxhunter

in all fairness amigo you are the only person i've seen use a pintail duck for a pillow to sleep in the bow of the boat, while crossing a bay with 3ft breakers during a norther.

You've seen me dead asleep in a canoe while you and others were banging away at geese in a south shore swamp, dead asleep in the anchor hatch in 5 footers tuna fishing in Cape Cod bay, upside down in the back of your truck with your brother and JJ heading to the lease, on the floor next to Petey's cage in your pad, in a dugout sand hole face down on Padre Island, with my battery-powered fan buzzing away in the hole with me. In a blind using my Beretta as a pillow in Salty's condo blinds out on the Laguna Madre, striper fishing in November off Misery Island in 30F face down on a beanbag on a self-bailing boat with 4" of seawater sliding me and the beanbag across the deck, in a layout blind in a muddy field while crane hunting together in TX, on DVD's rig twisted up like a pretzel while king salmon fishing lake O...Not to mention the picnic table at that bar after we hustled those cats for the bar tab at 8 ball...But yeah, I remember that trip. So much for Texas hospitality. I had to find my own pillow to use. That was before we ran out of gas passing the cut at Port Aransas and were adrift, I think. wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You really are a glutton for punishment. 😁

Have a great time and a safe trip. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Some good people in this thread.

If you need anything on your journey pm .

Spin it out!

Regards

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You've seen me dead asleep in a canoe while you and others were banging away at geese in a south shore swamp, dead asleep in the anchor hatch in 5 footers tuna fishing in Cape Cod bay, upside down in the back of your truck with your brother and JJ heading to the lease, on the floor next to Petey's cage in your pad, in a dugout sand hole face down on Padre Island, with my battery-powered fan buzzing away in the hole with me. In a blind using my Beretta as a pillow in Salty's condo blinds out on the Laguna Madre, striper fishing in November off Misery Island in 30F face down on a beanbag on a self-bailing boat with 4" of seawater sliding me and the beanbag across the deck, in a layout blind in a muddy field while crane hunting together in TX, on DVD's rig twisted up like a pretzel while king salmon fishing lake O...Not to mention the picnic table at that bar after we hustled those cats for the bar tab at 8 ball...But yeah, I remember that trip. So much for Texas hospitality. I had to find my own pillow to use. That was before we ran out of gas passing the cut at Port Aransas and were adrift, I think. wink

I wish I could sleep that easy. I have to clobber myself with an Ambien and have the bed made perfectly.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Safe travels, Mike!

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I wish I could sleep that easy. I have to clobber myself with an Ambien and have the bed made perfectly.

Come on out on one of our 3 day whirlwind cast/blast/everything else that's fun trips with us some time my man. I bet you'd be sleeping like a baby every night in places other than a perfectly made bed, without needing any Ambien. wink

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Come on out on one of our 3 day whirlwind cast/blast/everything else that's fun trips with us some time my man. I bet you'd be sleeping like a baby every night in places other than a perfectly made bed, without needing any Ambien. wink

I wish that was right.

A few years ago I got a bad batch of Ambien and didn't sleep for 6 days. After about the third day without sleep, a person gets fairly flakey.

The first night of sleep after that 6 day stretch was like a gift from heaven.

Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,861
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.