Heading out in the morning to points north and west. The bicycle is all prepped and loaded up. Now all I have to do is pedal it for 40 days and see where I get to. Hoping to make San Angelo(200 miles) in three or four days. Probably going to try for New Mexico first.

Five years ago I did 2000 miles to New York in 33 days, three years ago I did 1500 miles around Europe in 40 days. I have no idea how far I’ll get on this trip, it’s going to be hot and dry and I ain’t actually getting any younger.

At least the weather looks good at this point, highs only in the low 90s all week and the winds out of the south east which means I’ll have them at my back which is a big deal on a bicycle.Looking to make Fredericksburg or Luckenbach by tomorrow night.

Aint making any promises, I am only as good as my knees and back, but I’ll keep folks posted.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744