Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Good for you, Mike. Having spent a few days with you I know well you're comfortable and perfectly happy living a minimalist lifestyle. That one night in south TX after we'd both had far too much to be able to drive, you said that we'd probably get a few hours sleep. I figured we'd be putting the seats back in the car. Nope. Next thing I knew you'd laid blanket down in the dirt next to the car and were fast asleep... wink

No idea what the fishing might be like along your trip but if it were me I'd have fishing licenses, small tackle box, a sturdy rod and a frying pan along. Probably an onion or two as well. smile Have fun and be safe. Look forward to your reports along the way.

in all fairness amigo you are the only person i've seen use a pintail duck for a pillow to sleep in the bow of the boat, while crossing a bay with 3ft breakers during a norther.

You've seen me dead asleep in a canoe while you and others were banging away at geese in a south shore swamp, dead asleep in the anchor hatch in 5 footers tuna fishing in Cape Cod bay, upside down in the back of your truck with your brother and JJ heading to the lease, on the floor next to Petey's cage in your pad, in a dugout sand hole face down on Padre Island, with my battery-powered fan buzzing away in the hole with me. In a blind using my Beretta as a pillow in Salty's condo blinds out on the Laguna Madre, striper fishing in November off Misery Island in 30F face down on a beanbag on a self-bailing boat with 4" of seawater sliding me and the beanbag across the deck, in a layout blind in a muddy field while crane hunting together in TX, on DVD's rig twisted up like a pretzel while king salmon fishing lake O...Not to mention the picnic table at that bar after we hustled those cats for the bar tab at 8 ball...But yeah, I remember that trip. So much for Texas hospitality. I had to find my own pillow to use. That was before we ran out of gas passing the cut at Port Aransas and were adrift, I think. wink

I wish I could sleep that easy. I have to clobber myself with an Ambien and have the bed made perfectly.