OK, catch up time....

Day 1: Not 25 miles from home and greeted by three hours of southbound storm cells.... here I was under the Loop 1604 bridge....

[Linked Image]

No worries, Bass Pro was just 1/2 mile away cool

The rain that got inside my Lifeproof case did contribute a certain misty effect over the next two days that weren't that obvious on my compact iphone...

For example, north of Boerne, if ya didn't know about the moisture in the iphone case, one might conclude that God was actually a Longhorns fan...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Always hard to run out the door before leaving on a long trip, there's myriad minor details you suddenly want to take care of at the last minute, so it was 10am before I rolled, plus three more hours lost at Bass Pro. Rolled into Sisterdale, 50 miles along about 7. Fifteen miles to Luckenbach but the sky said rain in that direction, and my phone told me about random storm cells forming and rolling south.

So I used up daylight hanging out at the bar and set up camp under the Guadalupe River Bridge.

Funds used Day 1: $21 meal and tip at Bass Pro, $15 tab and tip at bar. $36.

Day 1: 50 miles.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744