Trip 2, Day 1: 41 miles total.

Didn’t roll out of Great Falls until nearly 3, which is what can happen when you’re visiting good friends ya ain’t seen in like 15 years.

Had to get out tho to get started, been six days off the bike and I just used up all my wiggle room for this trip. Stiff headwind. Biggest problem tho was wanting to stop and take photos every 100 yards from Cascade on. Heck I lost an hour in Cascade alone. Following the Upper Missouri, friggin’ beautiful. And swift-moving, Lewis and Clark and Co achieved the incredible poling upstream through here.

Rog and Leighton, you guys need to get up here to fish this place.

Friendly people, ya can sit and talk all day, ‘cept they hate cyclists with good reason. Had my first carbon dump from a passing diesel pickup, ‘spect there’ll be more. I hate chicken$hit stunts. I flipped the guy the bird and through gestures I invited him to pull over.

WTF would I do if he had? I gotta learn to ignore such provocations same as I would the weather, dip$hits gonna be dip$hits.

Anyways the nice lady behind the bar who also herds cows on horseback when she ain’t bartending said she seen me on the highway and took me fer a Mexican grin

Helena is only like 40 miles from here, but between here and there lies prob’ly the steepest, longest climb of the whole trip, gonna be a beeatch.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744