Originally Posted by stxhunter
yeah, if a friend really needed my help that would take priority.

Yah, this whole set-up is such an unlikely coincidence that, in addition to the above consideration, Jesus clearly WANTS me to drive to Montana cool

Anyhoo.... I spent two nights in Seminole TX, which I thought going in was BFE if there ever was one, but came away impressed.

First off, I give this place two thumbs up, $50 per night, AC works, free wifi works, the hot water works really well, and these old places all still have bathtubs cool Cold adult beverages available at the gas station right across the street.

[Linked Image]

The Fire Department, where they clearly don't GAF if Betsy Ross offends you....

[Linked Image]

Same thing at the Post Office, also flying an MIA flag.....

[Linked Image]

Here's what I ditched and mailed home to myself. 1) Shirt that blends in, blending in ain't whats it about on these things. 2) Bear spray, how was I gonna know I would be in Montana in just a few days. 3) Knife (Mora}, already got a pretty good blade on my Leatherman. 3) Cone wrenches to adjust the wheel hubs, got a little buyers remorse about sending off those 4) Extra chainrings and the tools to switch 'em out. Chance of getting stranded by broke chainrings exceedingly remote, I only threw this stuff in on account of I replaced the chainrings right before I left. All that saved just three pounds.

[Linked Image]

Come back to the motel to check out and find this box turtle, in the middle of downtown, wanting to cross north across a busy four lane street.

[Linked Image]

No idea how it made it that far, I carried across the street to a big empty lot and it took off northbound like it was on a mission. Hope it makes it OK

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744