Originally Posted by viking
I haven’t really followed your trip, but what states have u visited?

I left San Antonio with the intention of riding to Yellowstone to finish and fly home from a good friend’s house in Great Falls.

Had choice of two routes; up the Plains or through NM and the Colorado Rockies. Made it 400+ miles to the NM State Line at Hobbs when it became apparent that the heat and inclines would take forever. Turned north, jetted 80 miles to Lubbock in a day.

By weird chance my buddy’s wife was in Lubbock finishing a course, she asked me to help her drive to Great Falls so I did.

That whole process cost me five travel days so now I’m started from the top end working south. If I make it to Cody WY by the 20th that leaves me 25 days to cover the 1,400 miles back to San Antonio for bragging rights. I’ve done 2,000 in 33 days before.

Other choice is head north out of Cody to meet my friends out of Great Falls somewhere, kick back and enjoy their company.

25 days back to San Antonio @ about $60/day would set me back about $1,500- $2,000. Flying me and the bike back from Great Falls would cost about $500, prob’ly less.

So, if’n I DO get to Cody (200 miles) on time I’ll decide then. I gotta say riding south July/August would suck, but then, there’s bragging rights......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744