Day 3: Taking the day off in Mason.

I didn't get to train much for this one, after I crashed out any movement at all triggered paroxysms of leg cramps that no amount of Lite Salt mixed with Sea Salt would cure (a mix that gives about 2:1 NaCl to KCl). Ya HAVE to bring salt on these things. Dosing myself with this in a water bottle stood off incipient legs cramps back in Fredericksburg, and salt craving struck again at the Llano. So I weren't short of salt, it was just my legs reacting to being called upon out of the blue to pedal an 80-90lb bicycle all day.

Taking a day to relax and take stock of everything. In particular I'm carrying 40 miles of water (four 24oz bottles), a few days west of here it could be 70 miles between water, hate to do it but I gotta figure out a way to stash three more bottles and make my bike even heavier.

Anyhoo... here's the ol' homestead, an REI Quarterdome, only ever used on these bike trips, its been pitched from Texas to New York, England, Scotland, Ireland and France, and is now heading West. REI makes good stuff, a pity I can't in good conscience be a member there any more.....

[Linked Image]

And the Willow Springs Cafe on the square... great food at a very reasonable price, great atmosphere ......and free wifi cool

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744