Them two Harley riders that pulled up wanted to talk to me about Jesus. I guess that could be real helpful when it’s 100+ on the asphalt and you’re changing a freaking flat tire. Problem is when you look homeless people think you are homeless and therefore in need of Jesus.

Anyways we got off that pretty quick and started to talk about motorcycles. They were just getting back from a trip to the hill country which means pretty much we were headed in the same direction. They were all proud because they had just done 1000 miles weekend.

Naturally the topic drifted towards flat tires, mag wheels on both those bikes, tubeless tires, neither of those guys had so much as a tire rivet/CO2 repair kit. I asked them what they were going to do if they had a flat, their answer was call the Harley shop grin

What kind of maroon leaves on a cross-country trip without the slightest idea of how to fix a flat on their motorcycle?

I didn’t think of it at the time but they weren’t using earplugs either, damn, I coulda saved their hearing 20 years down the line.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744